Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Lee Briers

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#41 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

Well that kind of thing doesn't happen over night and this is a start. Hopefully it'll continue into the future!

#42 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

At the core of everything you need a winning team. Fact.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#43 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

At the core of everything you need a winning team. Fact.

And the way Swinton Lions and Warrington are going about Partnering will only help one of those clubs to build a winning team, and it ain't Swinton!  Fact.

From Swinton's point of view, this Partnership is not giving rise to a successful side.  Or was the version of the league table I looked at yesterday upside down?

It was very clearly demonstrated during Paul Kidd's tenure as coach that he doesn't understand how to get the best out of players, because to do that you need to inspire them and build a cohesive unit. This same hapless lack of understanding and lack of empathy is again crystal clear in the manner of the Partnership agreement of which he is chief architect.  You don't build a motivated, committed and effective Swinton Lions team by giving the likes of Paul Wood, Chris Bridge and Lee Briers "guest star" appearances for the purpose of readying them for action with Warrington.

Why is it that several players have made a transition out of the Lions and into sides higher up the Championship or even into Super League, yet whilst they were at Swinton the team floundered towards the bottom of the table?  Does this not indicate that whilst they were at Swinton the club wasn't getting the best out of them?

Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#44 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

http://www.thesun.co...nton-Lions.html

DR is a joke rant over.

#45 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

Like I've said before several times the rules won't change this season will they? Should we just step back,let everyone else involved in d/r exploit all the loopholes like we have. And get battered even worse than we already are doing or do we try to fight. Either way you will claim moral high ground what ever our course of action, oh to have your foresight and sage wisdom. If we win with them in the team we are abusing the system,if we dont then we haven't invested in the team and d/r is failing. Its a win win in your eyes isn't it.What a Muppet.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#46 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

DR is a joke rant over.

Trouble is the rant won't be over will it, I give it a day and you will be back on topic.

Edited by TIM THE LION, 01 May 2013 - 09:11 AM.

Edmund Burke

#47 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

And the way Swinton Lions and Warrington are going about Partnering will only help one of those clubs to build a winning team, and it ain't Swinton! Fact.

From Swinton's point of view, this Partnership is not giving rise to a successful side. Or was the version of the league table I looked at yesterday upside down?

It was very clearly demonstrated during Paul Kidd's tenure as coach that he doesn't understand how to get the best out of players, because to do that you need to inspire them and build a cohesive unit. This same hapless lack of understanding and lack of empathy is again crystal clear in the manner of the Partnership agreement of which he is chief architect. You don't build a motivated, committed and effective Swinton Lions team by giving the likes of Paul Wood, Chris Bridge and Lee Briers "guest star" appearances for the purpose of readying them for action with Warrington.

Why is it that several players have made a transition out of the Lions and into sides higher up the Championship or even into Super League, yet whilst they were at Swinton the team floundered towards the bottom of the table? Does this not indicate that whilst they were at Swinton the club wasn't getting the best out of them?

Yet all of a sudden it's now ok for your beloved Leigh to operate D/R players.Hmmm.

#48 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

DR is a joke rant over.

Notice how the compliant was from fev who don't want too many competitive teams in the league to oppose their march to the summit. Re: Breaking the salary cap,we won't will we as wire pay their wages.

Edmund Burke

#49 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Briers turning out for the Lions?

What an utter, diabolical farce. Has the world gone totally bonkers?

#50 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

That newspaper cutting was dated Feb 7th .

Why bring it up now in nearly 3 months later.

Lets get behind the team tomorrow and bring a mate. There is a very good interview with Lee on the RFL news link. Go have a read

#51 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

That newspaper cutting was dated Feb 7th .

Why bring it up now in nearly 3 months later?

Lets get behind the team tomorrow and bring a mate. There is a very good interview with Lee on the RFL news link. Go have a read

Exactly. Just a muck stirrer nothing else. Boring.

Edited by TIM THE LION, 01 May 2013 - 09:34 AM.

Edmund Burke

#52 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'm bringing three extra fans tomorrow, hoepfully they'll see a Lions victory!

#53 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

I'm bringing 9 more in a posh box and have sorted out tickets for seven more people who work with me. Have also spread the word at bury broncos training and a couple more are getting their tickets today.

Edmund Burke

#54 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

Good man Bryce at least some one is being positive and helping the club.

I think we will get a few wire fans down too.

Spot on Tim !

Edited by RIGGY, 01 May 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#55 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Why would we want to read about a player playingfor us who is not our player. I want to hear from our players not imposters!
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Why would we want to read about a player playingfor us who is not our player. I want to hear from our players not imposters!

Well put shizonamy, mind you curiosity has got the better of me and I will be attending tomorrow to watch warrington reserves sorry "swinton lions".

#57 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Well put shizonamy, mind you curiosity has got the better of me and I will be attending tomorrow to watch warrington reserves sorry "swinton lions".

Not hypocritical at all.;-)

Edmund Burke

#58 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Nothing to do with the cheap admission then!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#59 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

No its cause my dad wants to take a look, and as his carer I gotta go with him, watching the match is a welcome bonus.

#60 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

Im beggared to work out why Paul Kidds tenure as coach has raised its head so long and so far into this argument. ...

I wonder whats next. ..Paul Smith being a bad decision. ...Tony Humphries coaching the team by mobile phone?

Hindsight has to be the most beautiful tool of the doom monger because in rugby league draws are so rare its win or lose 99% of the time...so our season has been rubbish.....mystic phil starts to look good

Our season could have been amazing with all these players and we could be top of the table. We could have increased crowds and I guarantee that still some people would be moaning about Paul Kidd John Kidd and any other stuff. That's their way. Anyone we beat could say its only down to dual reg.

I also guarantee that next year whether dual reg is here in this form or another. ...Swinton will still be here

Do you know what. ...I also guarantee that the vast majority of fans couldn't give a flying fig about all this stuff we discuss so vehemently. Theres only a few regular contributors on our forum and if we are representative then half of us just want to get on with it and half of us don't

We will still all be there on Thursday suppoting Swinton.
Well almost all

Edited by mark richardson, 01 May 2013 - 03:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users