• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#61 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hear hear.

Edited by TIM THE LION, 01 May 2013 - 03:28 PM.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#62 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Come on you LIONSSSSSS!!!!!!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#63 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

I will give a pound to the first person who shouts come on Warrington and then looks around smugly 

#64 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

There are alot more people not happy with the Situation than people think and the disenchantment is growing!

#65 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Why would we want to read about a player playingfor us who is not our player. I want to hear from our players not imposters!

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but I find it sad that you use the word 'imposter' for one of our games great players when all Lee Briers is doing is playing for us under a RFL system.

#66 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

Has anyone actually read the article on the lions website about his inclusion because it looks like you haven't.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#67 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

There are alot more people not happy with the Situation than people think and the disenchantment is growing!

There are just as many who just want to watch a match.

#68 THE PIMPERNEL

THE PIMPERNEL
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

As long as they win it!!! It could be that because of all the chopping and changing that Swinton will finish worse off this year than last and if they do it means that they will be relegated(unless the RFL move the goalposts again)!!!

#69 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

. That's probably where the problem lies Mark! Unfortunately to many many of us Swinton Lions has become more than watching a game of rugby,it's a way of life.Its because we care so much that we think we know what's best for the club.Perhaps a reality check is needed!

#70 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

I will give a pound to the first person who shouts come on Warrington and then looks around smugly 

You been doing some overtime mark?   :D

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#71 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

[ote name="Keith T" post="2690911" timestamp="1367429958"]
You been doing some overtime mark? :D[/quote]

Ha Keith. ..that is a long lost memory. Although I'm working Bolton v Blackpool on Saturday

Dave...the Lions are just as much a part of my life as any ardent fan. Yourself included

I do find my enjoyment is marred by the relentlessness silliness displayed in relation to this subject.
To be honest I'm finding the Lee Briers subject a little farcical too. It maybe is a step too far

Or be I've seen too much real adversity and find the histrionics around this subject a little over the top

I do want the best for MY club. I will watch them unconditionally.

#72 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

I'm increasigly uncomfortable with the way the link with Warrington has developed and would much prefer it if we had a squad of our own players. The link doesn't appear to have done us any favours thus far, apart form saving the Club some money, and I don't like watching a bunch of strangers turn out for my team. I look forward to reform of the system for next season. 

However, if Mr Briers plays a part in us winning the game tomorrow and hopefully preventing a bonus point for Whitehaven then that will have to do.  After all I am a Swinton supporter and want the team winning matches within the rules of the competition and playing in the Championship next season.  Hopefully some of the lads who have not hit good form so far this season will begin to perform as we know they can and give us a better display than of late. 

As for the Kidds, thanks to them for keeping the Club afloat and working for a new home for the team and supporters.  I hope the scheduled meeting with the Council goes well and that we might even get a snippit or two of news as to how things are progressing with Agecroft. 

#73 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

I think on reflection the DR scheme has not really helped the club............the "promising" players have all been loaned out to SL clubs, even the ones we had signed on. Mr Chambers has realised this and hence the three recent signings............but the squad is weak compared to last season.........sorry but that's my opinion.

As for Lee Briers playing for us tomorrow - I am sure he will do his utmost on the field a) because he is a professional and B) he needs to show he is fully fit to get back into the Warrington team. My concerns are that he hasn't played for 12 weeks so will not be match fit, he will have only trained with the team once or twice, so how will he fit with the team and vice versa. I am sure he will be an obvious target for the Whitehaven team to close down and finally his inclusion will no doubt consign Ainscough to the subs bench yet again, when for me he is a proven, talented stand off that should be starting in every game.

Anyway, lets hope we win tomorrow..............

#74 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

Ainscough is starting, Watson is injured and Harvey isn't match fit

Edmund Burke

#75 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

I see Whiehaven coach Dave Woods has made a few 'barbed comments' about our D/R arrangements.
Quite rich from a man who has used that youngster Ade Gardner and Tommy Makinson who has been playing first team rugby quite often over the past few seasons.
He then bemoans the fact that its hard to sign players that won't put up with the travelling to Cumbria. Kind of answers his own question then!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#76 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

Warrington are encouraging their fans to attend the 'Haven match & get behind Swinton & "adopt a Lion"

http://www.swintonli...whitehaven.html

I wonder which one they will "Adopt"?

Also, "Win a VIP box at Swinton".. http://www.warringto...or-swinton-6188

However.. http://www.warringto...astic-news-6193 Read the bottom, apparently we are their Championship club

Edited by Bleep1673, 02 May 2013 - 10:48 AM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#77 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

I personally think the part "but they are not just our second team" the word "just"  rather more telling.

"Anybody will tell you that they are rusty whenever they come back. For Lee to get a game, and play, is fantastic. They (Swinton) are our partnership club, but they are not just our second team, we are also able to bring our players back through and that was the whole idea. I think it's good for Swinton

Edited by juliancaine, 02 May 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#78 Spacecake

Spacecake
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Makes no difference the mighty haven will win anyway !!! See you soon 

#79 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Makes no difference the mighty haven will win anyway !!! See you soon

Finally some rugby banter! You can have that one! Here's to a good game.

#80 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

See you at the game spacecake lets hope the haven players have been eating some, lets hope its a good game and an advert for rugby league seing as its on premier sports live or www.kakibara.com for free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users