• 379 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Set to play for Swinton on Thursday vs Whitehaven. What a joke

#2 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

I'd love to see him play in Championship but not against Raiders.

I note Morley was here on Sunday.

Posted Image

#3 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Set to play for Swinton on Thursday vs Whitehaven. What a joke

i agree m8, its becoming a farce. i wonder  how many saints lads haven will now want to counter act briers?

#4 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Saints don't have anybody fit
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#5 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

The game is one big Joke

#6 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 968 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

The game is one big Joke

I see tyrone mccarthy has gone to cas after impressing for swinton

#7 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

sadly your right and the RFL  don't give a #### either as long as super league is ok

#8 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Championship is turning into super league reserve.

#9 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

sadly your right and the RFL  don't give a #### either as long as super league is ok

So who wins in the long run?
Briers gets a run out on his road to fitness... WIN
Warrington get a player acclimatised to the speed of the game......Win
Whitehaven get to face a real star of the game....LOSE
Swinton get a star player that could win them the game....WIN ( short term) but they also pee off their coach that is told who he must play...LOSE....the other Swinton players have to get used to a different style of play for one week...LOSE...
A very disgruntled player loses his place in the team( loss of wages) ...Lose , EVERY other Swinton Player knows that there is a better player waiting to boot him out of the team if someone at another club decides they want him dropped to make way for their star.

We have definitely gone down the right route. Even if we were to be relegated we would still be in a position to decide our own future.

North Wales Crusaders have taken the same decision as us and are everyone's favourite for promotion. One of the reasons they have taken the no DR option is that in talks with Saints they were told they had to replace Clive Griffiths with a Saint Helen's nominee!

The loan system works. It actually helps both clubs.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#10 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

I'm sure I got shot down by a Swinton fan on the match thread for saying this would happen. It's a joke. So sad that a team who have won 3 challenge cups have been turned into an reserve side.

#11 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

I bet the situation at Swinton was too much for Steve McCormack to stomach !!!

Posted Image

#12 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

The game is one big Joke

so how did frankie mariano play on sunday phil ?

Posted Image

#13 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

Isn't Frankie Mariano on a months loan at Fev, and not dual reg? Swinton are being made to look stupid by these rules, the quicker they are changed the better.

#14 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Swinton should be renamed the borrowers, they borrow players and borrow a ground.

complete joke to be fair.

On the subject of Briers, i remember the rumours during the Des Johnson golden era where he was linked to us.

#15 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Swinton like many clubs are taking advantage of the rule change and there is nothing wrong with that..time will tell if it has been the right decision?

Like people keep saying they have no choice once they enter the agreement but on the plus side lower wages for higher class players.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#16 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

u cant blame swinton for whats happening but now its started there not going to be able to stop it well done rfl u really are ruining the game at super league level and championship level.if the championship clubs are going to be helping bring young players through and get 1st team players  match fit for super league should they not be getting a share of the sky money as the clubs above dont have to worry about reserve teams anymore.

Edited by fozzy3, 01 May 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#17 Dibble

Dibble
  • Coach
  • 712 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Taken from the RFL website

“Dual Registration” is the system whereby a Super League Player continues to be registered to and be eligible to play for his current Super League Club and is also registered to play for a Championships Club.
The purpose of this Rule is to provide an enhanced Player development pathway for young Super League Players who are not thought to be ready to make the step up to Super League first team on a permanent basis but for whom first team match experience in the Championships is likely to be beneficial for their development. It is intended to provide additional flexibility for Clubs to make arrangements that suit the Player’s development needs whilst protecting both the playing squad requirements of the Clubs concerned and the integrity of both competitions.
Posted Image

#18 THE PIMPERNEL

THE PIMPERNEL
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

Time to go back to the Northern Union I think!

#19 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

So I suppose that Briers and Morley are 'young Super League Players who are not thought to be ready to make the step up to Super League first team on a permanent basis'. Perhaps I've got this wrong Phil.

Posted Image

#20 red box

red box
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

One point not raised.

If Briers had been playing for Swinton against Barrow last week what benefits would Barrow have received gatewise?

I don't like it but we're stuck with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users