Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh and Swinton

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

Seeing as Swinton are getting roundly condemned rightly or wrongly depending on your point of view for playing Lee Briers why is it Leigh once again are in financial trouble no one is questioning having a playing budget you can't afford seems to be same thing every year does spending money you don't have or your hoping to have not just as bad as what Swinton and Hunslet are doing if you read Twitter or rest of forums we have made league a joke what are people's thoughts on this.
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#2 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Leigh started it all a couple of seasons with Blythe, McCarthy and Evans so they cant complain and guess who had Frankie Mariano on loan last week, talk about pot calling the kettle black...
Posted Image

#3 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

Well seems to me the DC agreements are for players under 23 years of age and that should also apply to loan players.

There should be a maximum of 4 for any team.

Swinton and Hunslet are not doing that and infact will take'if available' players from Warrington and Leeds irrespective of age and with no limit on numbers.

Edited by frankb, 30 April 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#4 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

What's age got to do with anything?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#5 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 136 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

Teams, not just Leeds  have taken players off Hunslet for years, as far back as when Bradford took Kelvin Skerrit of us for nothing.Then it got worse for us with the Bosman ruling thing.

To me now the DR is  just helping to balance that bad situation.

#6 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 672 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Baby Whino`s moaning........... chuckles
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#7 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

Baby Whino`s moaning........... chuckles

shouldnt you be out with your begging bowl??? Baby pie eater
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#8 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Leigh Centurions the club who would never go into partnership and have had more bucket collections than the Salvation Army having a go at us? :)

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#9 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

Seems to me you want to justify what Hunslet and Swinton are doing.

There is a very big difference between these two clubs and what Leigh have agreed to but you just can't see it or won't accept it.

Whatever everyone is entitled to their opinions.

#10 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

We don't need to justify anything, we are operating within the rules and dual reg has been a success for us. Leigh can do what ever they like it dosnt concern me, but I won't be putting a £1 in another bucket again, that's a fact.

#11 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Seems to me you want to justify what Hunslet and Swinton are doing.

There is a very big difference between these two clubs and what Leigh have agreed to but you just can't see it or won't accept it.

Whatever everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Try running a club on Hunslets budget and see if you could make it work , this is happening every other year with Leigh , there are clubs like Sheffield and Batley ect , who are in the top half of the table , who don't spend as much as Leigh , its about time RFL started to make a stance with these clubs who do it year after year..............

Edited by Blackbeard, 01 May 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#12 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Leigh were lucky last time they overspent on players that they did not get relegated for it. 

In Swinton's case they have broke no rules, fair play to them.

#13 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

To me I would rather be a team who only spend what they can afford if that means we lose more than we win then that happens spending money you don't have to have a better team how is that a better system then duel reg I know which one I would rather have just amazing how Hunslet and Swinton are ruining league yet a club who constantly have financial issues nothing is said
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#14 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Leigh haven't paid their players for weeks but using dr makes swinton and Hunslet the bad guys
Its a bizarre slant on life

Ignore barholomew smyth. The bloke is a clown

#15 DemonUK

DemonUK
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

Just to expand on Mark Richardsons post.  Leigh hadn't paid their players their bonuses for about 5 weeks. Salaries were paid. Still they are all happy now they have been paid.  Well happy until the next time..........

Sorry folks, no forecast comp this year

#16 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:02 AM

So to reflect. ...leigh have signed a squad they can't sustain and dont pay their players.....what an ethical ship they run. Nothing like those dastardly twinned clubs...of which they are now also one. Their fans bleating really has made them look silly

#17 RugbyFann

RugbyFann
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

Money Troubles seem to be nothing new at Leigh and from the outside looks like a badly run club.

Regards the playing of Briers, cant see anything wrong with this. Yes the DR system is mainly in place to keep and develop the younger end of SL teams but it is now also the only avenue for a player returning from a long injury spell to get a game in before going back into a SL fixture. I was surprised that Hardaker did not have a game with Hunslet before his return to Rhinos 1st team.

There are no age restrictions and it has been left very open ended in how the system works, but should give it a least the season and then have a review before ranting or raving about it, especially the club owners/managers who all knew it was coming.