TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Dallimore

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Says on love rugby league that Dalli has been released by Oldham and is a free agent. Also says we are are believed to be interested in him. I'd be happy with that as long as he can handle being left out of the team. On his game he could easily step up to the championship.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#2 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'd have him. We are matching teams in the forwards its opening defences up once in good field position we need to improve on.

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Says on love rugby league that Dalli has been released by Oldham and is a free agent. Also says we are are believed to be interested in him. I'd be happy with that as long as he can handle being left out of the team. On his game he could easily step up to the championship.

I think that comment was referring to before he signed for Oldham.   We had apparently enquired whilst the other two had just were just mentioned as interested.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

I think that comment was referring to before he signed for Oldham.   We had apparently enquired whilst the other two had just were just mentioned as interested.

What gives you that impression Keith? I've just re-read it and I can't pick that up from it at all.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#5 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Great to get him in but it did leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth that he used our deal to get a decent deal out of Oldham!! However if he wants t

#6 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

To come to us on our terms why not!! Got Callum Forber Connor Lupton and coyle to compete for the half back partnership so if he is up for it and wants the challenge

#7 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

Workington Town, of the Championship, and Oldham's Kingstone Press Championship One rivals Rochdale Hornets and Oxford are thought to be interested in the 24-year-old former BARLA Great Britain international.

From love rugby league

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

What gives you that impression Keith? I've just re-read it and I can't pick that up from it at all.

Sorry Voodooguru, I thought you were quoting what it said in the League Weekly newspaper.

In that paper it said that Town,Haven and Barrow were interested in signing him but only Town had made any enquiries.

Edited by Keith T, 01 May 2013 - 09:40 AM.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 Spacecake

Spacecake
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Signing for Rochdale this week 

#10 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

either got no ambition to play at an higher level or just doesn,t fancy travelling

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

Wow . Strange.

#12 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

To be fair to him if he has a job down there its a lot to ask to travel up here for training and games, even more so if hes on shifts.

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

The reason he didn't sign for Town last time was because of the travelling and the lad seems to have been true to his word if he has signed for Oldham's biggest rivals.   Good luck to him.

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Quite a few championship clubs though in that conurbation and not far away on the other side of the Pennines , and with the raps put on as a young talent it seems a bit strange he hasn't took the chance to take a step up. Maybe the interest or money wasnt there , who knows . It's his business .

#15 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

Hopefully Saints can pinch him then give us some much needed direction!

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users