Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

French youngsters progress report

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

Can any of our french league afficianados update us on the progress of some of the youngsters from the french youth team who beat the AIS and England youth a year or two ago as some of them were tipped for big things.

I know Fages is doing ok at Salford and Ben Garcia is playing Toyota Cup for the Brisbane Broncos.

How about Joan Gausch, Karim Madani, Hakim Milhoudi, Margalet, Bissyiere and some of the others are any of them expected to break into SL anytime soon?

#2 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

A couple of them are playing infrequently for St Esteve. I think Bissiere is a starting halfback at Avignon. AFAIK, the rest aren't on the radar and are playing in youth teams somewhere.

It's going to be difficult for any of them to do anything really given that there is already an oversaturation of talent at Catalans, and the rest of the SL clubs seem to be oblivious to their existence.

Edited by Evil Homer, 30 April 2013 - 11:59 PM.

#3 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

Tony Gigot who is still only 21 is going quite well at Cronulla in the NSW Cup.

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#4 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Guasch and Margelet will play in their first major Grand Finals Sunday at Brutus against Pia. The latters development has been hindered by several long term injuries & played off the bench against Lezignan last weekend in the semi. Madini I think will play in the curtain raiser for St Esteve against Carcassonne.. The disappointment for me is Milhoudi who had been announced alongside Cardace as future threequarter hopes at the Dragons and reported to have signed four year contracts. While Cardace has already played SL as a teenager Milhoudi just seems to have upped sticks and taken himself off to nearby Palau and is playing Elite 2 level.There he is scoring tries for fun playing I reckon well below his potential.Same as half back Marginet who is a real wanderer.I suppose the discipline of full time professionalism doesn't fit in with some teenagers. I remember a few years back Younis Khattabi's brother Ismael was a fine forward prospect but I dont think he could handle it. He's running around presently also at Elite 2 level at Carpentras. The Avignon stand off Bissiere is a fine player from what I saw in the regular season match against Limoux. He should be playing weekend after next against the same opponents in his first Lord Derby Coupe Final at Carcassonne.

With Garcia and Gigot in Australia, Fages at Salford and Pelissier,Escare and Bousquet coming through at the Dragaons the overall picture looks pretty healthy to me.

Edited by audois, 01 May 2013 - 11:45 AM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#5 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

Still think Gigot has all the goods to be a top class stand off.

#6 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

So the Catalans of St Esteve are Champions of France at U21 level after their 39-30 win over Carcassonne at Stade Brutus yesterday. The Catalans younger side than ASC. This is how it goes there.The St Esteve Elite 1 side who lost to Pia 33-26 following the juniors Final also fielded seven juniors and they move up when youngsters like Escare and Pelissier reach SL level.

Karim Madini got two tries for the Catalans but it was his second row partner Ugo Perez and prop Hadrien Domergue who impressed most I understand with a fine all round performance from half back Amine Milhoudi who grabbed 7 goals & a drop; presume he is the younger brother of Hakim who's gone off to Palau.

A fair few on show yesterday will now assemble in Carcassonne next week in preparation for France-England Academy clash up at La Reole at the end of the month.

Edited by audois, 08 May 2013 - 10:55 AM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users