TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Your Options

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#41 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

We have only ever got above 1k a handful of times at Whitebank.

#42 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 718 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

We

Edited by thecrab, 04 May 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#43 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 718 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

We won't know if we don't try it.
The club can be run far better than it is now.
Ill throw £100 in the pot, more if it guarantees a fresh start with transparent management of the club

#44 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

would people be willing to pay £10,15,20 a month membership fees to be apart of a "fan owned" RL club? obviously members would get perks like greatly reduced season tickets and voting rights etc

such a scheme could pull in upto 100k a year

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#45 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

I would be willing to pay a monthly membership fee to be part of this project, you are going to need a detailed membership contract which ties members in to the scheme for 12 monthly periods.

The membership money along with a strong sponsorship revenue stream would support the business, the sponsorship revenue needs to focus on local established local business but also a number of more recognisable brands need to be on board..

People need to entry a project with an open mind and be prepared to make difficult decisions in the best interest of the "Club"

If people are serious about a "Fans Owned" club, May I suggest you research the clubs that are already owned by the fans and discuss the problems they have encountered.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#46 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

would people be willing to pay £10,15,20 a month membership fees to be apart of a "fan owned" RL club? obviously members would get perks like greatly reduced season tickets and voting rights etc

such a scheme could pull in upto 100k a year

no offence sou, but you just made those figures up.Look at Ebbsfleet, the had the entire world to tap into and had to sell up.

#47 Raff

Raff
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

This is no comment on the feasibility of actually doing it,but the figures could stand up.The real difficulty is having nil numbers of the current business to compare against.
EG 1000 people paying £15.00 pcm tied into a fixed 12 month contract = 180k OR 500 people gives £ 90k
EG 1000 people paying £10.00 pcm tied into a fixed 12 month contract = 120k OR 500 people gives £ 50k.
So,the key thing is to get the 1000 people and get them signed up.I`ll ignore things like cash flow,etc.-oh,and eerr a small matter of CH staying on for his money.
In return you can offer a good deal:free season ticket,free entrance to U20`s and (for example) a free pint at home matches,or free scarf/T shirt ,or 50% off a shirt.
Is this feasible ?

#48 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

no offence sou, but you just made those figures up.Look at Ebbsfleet, the had the entire world to tap into and had to sell up.

400 fans paying £20 a month is £96,000 a year

so like i said....such a scheme could raise upto £100k a year...

OLDHAM RLFC

#49 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 763 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

In my view ownership change is the only way forward in my lifetime, (57 this year). I just can no longer find the current setup and modus operandi palatable.

The lack of redevelopment of the ground is embarrassing but predictable.

This club has been SO MUCH BETTER it hurts to see how low it has sunk!

#50 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

This is no comment on the feasibility of actually doing it,but the figures could stand up.The real difficulty is having nil numbers of the current business to compare against.
EG 1000 people paying £15.00 pcm tied into a fixed 12 month contract = 180k OR 500 people gives £ 90k
EG 1000 people paying £10.00 pcm tied into a fixed 12 month contract = 120k OR 500 people gives £ 50k.
So,the key thing is to get the 1000 people and get them signed up.I`ll ignore things like cash flow,etc.-oh,and eerr a small matter of CH staying on for his money.
In return you can offer a good deal:free season ticket,free entrance to U20`s and (for example) a free pint at home matches,or free scarf/T shirt ,or 50% off a shirt.
Is this feasible ?

the problem with giving free season tickets etc as benefits is that you lose the income from those has its normally the same people that become members that buy all the other things so your income is not as much as you think i still think a members club is the way forward but it would need a clean slate to start with and not take on the debts of the excisting company and would the RL let a new club in from the heartlands a lot to think about with a lot of upfront expenditure .Get in touch with supporters direct i know rugby oldham work with them
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#51 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Would the RFL let a new club in from the heartlands? Yes, no reason why not. (with a proper plan!)

There are not enough clubs lined up from outside the heartlands not to consider one. In fact I think the RFL would love the NCL to join into the league structure properly. (that would be the biggest danger having to start at the bottom of a pyramid).
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#52 RoytonRoughyed

RoytonRoughyed
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

Maybe the taking on the debt is the only realistic way this would happen. Buying the club for £1 and taking on the £
200/300k debt. Fans would then need be créative about how to pay it off and get the 'clean slate'

#53 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

£1 is all the club is worth....but iirc when terry flanagan looked into taking ovet CH wanted x amount of thousands....

Edited by roughyedspud, 05 May 2013 - 07:19 PM.

OLDHAM RLFC

#54 OldhamGal

OldhamGal
  • Coach
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Like Boro said, 10pcm with free season ticket is never going to make money!

Being able to pay for season tickets monthly however is something I've suggested for years. It happens at SL clubs and should it ever happen at Oldham, I would buy one despite not being able to really attend.
Ain't it funny how you think you're gonna be OK
Till you remember things are never gonna be the same again?
Ain't it crazy how you think you've got your whole life planned
Just to find that it was never ever in your hands?

My Facebook :)

#55 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

£1 is all the club is worth....but iirc when terry flanagan looked into taking ovet CH wanted x amount of thousands....

That's interesting, when was this? And why despite all the negative media CH has received has TF not made it public knowledge? Afterall he has obviously not had ORLFC best interests at heart when blocking teams entering local leagues etc. Is he going to make an offer now when fans are considering doing something to revive the club? Transparency is something people are craving, perhaps TF could lay his cards on the table and we could see if supporters could get behind him.

#56 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

Like Boro said, 10pcm with free season ticket is never going to make money!

Being able to pay for season tickets monthly however is something I've suggested for years. It happens at SL clubs and should it ever happen at Oldham, I would buy one despite not being able to really attend.

i would'nt offer free season tickets under a membership scheme....

id offer 50% off season tickets for £20 a month "gold members" & 25% off for £10 a month "silver members"

or something like that.

OLDHAM RLFC

#57 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

That's interesting, when was this? And why despite all the negative media CH has received has TF not made it public knowledge? Afterall he has obviously not had ORLFC best interests at heart when blocking teams entering local leagues etc. Is he going to make an offer now when fans are considering doing something to revive the club? Transparency is something people are craving, perhaps TF could lay his cards on the table and we could see if supporters could get behind him.

it was a few years ago...maybe 4 years ago?

the basic story was flanagan with some business partners from the middle east looked into taking over ORLFC....but despite the club being in debt CH wanted some money for the club......and that was the end of that..

OLDHAM RLFC

#58 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

it was a few years ago...maybe 4 years ago?

the basic story was flanagan with some business partners from the middle east looked into taking over ORLFC....but despite the club being in debt CH wanted some money for the club......and that was the end of that..

Right I wasn't aware of that. Does anyone know if TF is still interested? Would he possibly front some kind of takeover by the fans?

#59 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

400 fans paying £20 a month is £96,000 a year

so like i said....such a scheme could raise upto £100k a year...

I can do the Maths! I just don't think that there is the remotest chance of getting 400 people to sign up for £20 a month.

I'd bet a large amount of money the number would be nearer 40. Not that I want it to be true, just being realistic.

#60 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

The rugby league clubs support team at Red Hall are the best people to talk to......

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users