Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Your Options

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#81 Trueroughyedfan

Trueroughyedfan
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

I think you are missing the point here. The point and the widely held view on the club.
I've stuck with this club through thick and thin, even tho' I believe the running of it is shambolic. I've kept putting my hand in my pocket in the hope that we can rise out of this division, at least to championship level. Sadly, like many others, I now believe that this club is simply our leaders cash cow/pension fund. It's not a fund that I feel able or willing to contribute to any more. 
If I felt like the owner engaged the fans in any meaningful dialogue, with a view to driving the club forward, I would have some sympathy.
The sad fact of the matter is that we are treated like mushrooms. In fact, we aren't even treated that well because no one even bothers to feed us s**t!!!
It is because I support the club that I feel the only way it will ever be able to move forward is with a change of ownership. It might be difficult but I'm willing to give it a try because quite frankly, I just don't enjoy going any more.

#82 Trueroughyedfan

Trueroughyedfan
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

I have not posted for a while but I have recently spoke to bq and he would be willing to come back,
He would only come if the fans wanted him if there was a complete new board made up of a fans representative
A board made up of like minded people who are not there to take out but put in which can be done in many ways not just cash
Make the people of Oldham stake holders in the club so they can demand to be kept in the picture at all times

He would also want to engage with fans to answer any questions on why he went and to answer a lot of questions people may want
To ask as he has nothing to hide,I think your all in for a shock or maybe not

He did tell me he had a meeting with RO in secret to try to find away of pushing the club forward and was prepared to let go of his shares and thought he could trust the people involved,the very next day CH was able to tell BQ who was there and what was said word for word,so he lost faith and let CH buy his shares but that's another story,did CH buy his shares?

#83 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

The above post is enlightening and it may be a positive move in the right direction!

Working in partnership with BQ, Oldham Trust and a Fans Buy Team, we could establish if the club is for sale?

If BQ is willing to be part of the project that would provide a degree of financial stability, Oldham Trust is a good institution that already as a good line of communication with the current Oldham Board, the Fans Buy proposal still needs members to commit to the project.

Would BQ and Oldham Trust be prepared to discuss the project with supporters at a public meeting?

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#84 Trueroughyedfan

Trueroughyedfan
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

I can tell you BQ would be prepared to answer any questions as he only has the best interests of the club
He explained he has been approached by several clubs but he loves Oldham and the fans and felt he was letting them down if he went to another club,he thinks Oldham has more potential than any other club if they get the backing of the fans but the board have to open the club up to the town,once this has been done the town will get behind the club,if you remember he said on many occasions he was only the caretaker of the club and if the club is set up correctly then it will be there when were all sadly departed,it needs more people with this vision

I can tell you CH did not buy BQ shares,if he has any heart he should hand the club over to a new board with whom he knows will drive the club forward

Also he does not believe the club has the debts reported that's just to keep interested parties away that's why no one will ever see the books?

#85 RoytonRoughyed

RoytonRoughyed
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

How does CH own those shares then? If BQ wants back in the club actions speak loader than second hand words

#86 Trueroughyedfan

Trueroughyedfan
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

This is not the place to explain all,if you want BQ to give you the answers then set up a meeting and ask him yourself,
I don't think he needs to justify what he wants with actions I would of thought it would be more what the fans want
And if they want him then he will come if not then I don't think he will be to worried,I'm sure he has plenty of other things to get on with
But who else will give this club the help it needs?

#87 RoytonRoughyed

RoytonRoughyed
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

I'm sure the fans would welcome him with open arms. 50/50 between Quinn and a Fans Trust would be à dream come true I'm sure

#88 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Okay!!!

The forum is a great place to exchange ideas but action is needed.

Trueroughyedfan can you contact BQ and establish if he would attend a fans meeting.

The Oldham Trust also needs to attend

Supporters who want to financial support a fans buyout need to come along.

We clearly need a strong agenda to move this project along.

I will identify a location and a date!

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#89 RoytonRoughyed

RoytonRoughyed
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Excellent ill be there with my £100 to contribute to the cause

#90 Trueroughyedfan

Trueroughyedfan
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

I have just spoke to BQ and yes he would be willing to help,he has expressed to me that he held a confidential meeting with members of rugby Oldham and others to try to come up with a plan before he sold his shares and some one at that meeting ran to CH who the next day repeated word for word what was said,the people who attend any meeting need to be there for the good of the club,it's very difficult given the situation on having to come up with the correct way of taking control of this club with out showing your hand to early?

#91 ultimate roughyed

ultimate roughyed
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

Who were these 'others' at the confidential meeting then?

#92 ultimate roughyed

ultimate roughyed
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Has Hamilton actually bought all of BQs shares back or does he still own some?

#93 ultimate roughyed

ultimate roughyed
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

I would be extremely surprised if it was a RO official who blabbed the contents of the meeting to Hamilton as relationships between the 2 parties have been non existent historically! Just read the past newsletters on the RO website to see what i mean. I personally witnessed him slagging off the trust at a game last season.

#94 Trueroughyedfan

Trueroughyedfan
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Ultimate roughed who was slagging off RO and what game ? BQ was not at a single game so which one was it?
This is why people like BQ must be mad to get involved I actually think he should never go back!if your saying it was BQ your a liar and
Tell him to his face what he said and when make your self known if there is a meeting!i doubt you will
Do you people want this club to stay where it is??

#95 Trueroughyedfan

Trueroughyedfan
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

There were several RO people there and was held in solicitors office in Oldham town centre
I did not say it was a RO member but it was some one at that meeting
BQ did his best and was let down in more ways than anyone knows but he is now ready to give his side and believe
Me no one would of stayed at that club after the way he was conned by his fellow share holder at the time and the lies

Maybe this is not the time for BQ to try to help as I said in my posts he is only interested if he has the full backing of the fans
He is very upset at all the money he pumped in to see the club in free fall!if CH had gone on and pushed the club forward then
He has said you would then have to say no matter what he has done he has improved the club situation
He knows what needs to happen but with out the people there is no club and soon there will be no club if it continues
As it is at present,
I have just checked he was at no match last season?anymore lies?

#96 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

I would be extremely surprised if it was a RO official who blabbed the contents of the meeting to Hamilton as relationships between the 2 parties have been non existent historically! Just read the past newsletters on the RO website to see what i mean. I personally witnessed him slagging off the trust at a game last season.

Ultimate roughed who was slagging off RO and what game ? BQ was not at a single game so which one was it?
This is why people like BQ must be mad to get involved I actually think he should never go back!if your saying it was BQ your a liar and
Tell him to his face what he said and when make your self known if there is a meeting!i doubt you will
Do you people want this club to stay where it is??

I think UR was trying to say that CH was slagging off RO, no mention of BQ at all......

#97 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 700 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:31 AM

Excellent ill be there with my £100 to contribute to the cause

Same here....our club needs a change and the sooner the better.

#98 ultimate roughyed

ultimate roughyed
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

I was referring to CH not BQ!

#99 ultimate roughyed

ultimate roughyed
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

http://www.totalrl.c...32350-the-fans/

Read my post in the above topic last year to see what i was talking about Trueroughyedfan.

#100 ultimate roughyed

ultimate roughyed
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

What's the current situation with the shares then Trueroughyedfan as this could be key!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users