Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Your Options

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#101 Trueroughyedfan

Trueroughyedfan
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

I am sorry,shouldn't be on to late at night,all I can tell u is when BQ bought his shares the money went to the directors personally and the money was never put into the club,he was also told as part of the deal all directors loans would disappear ,he also gave up his right to money he put into the club under directors loan,he did not want the club to be under that pressure he also gave CH over two years to pay him for his shares,this has now been done but CH did not buy the shares like BQ did,again CH has used money that was not his and was not put in his control to buy shares with,just another example of CH taking out of the club at no cost to .

#102 Trueroughyedfan

Trueroughyedfan
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Oldham 13. BQ very happy to attend a meeting with like minded people
This is not a witch hunt it is not about individuals,there should not be opposition it should be about if a consortium
Made up of whoever with the right package to move the club forward,CH should be put under pressure by RFLP,council,media and maybe the legal system to relinquish control for the good of rugby league in Oldham

With what I have been told I think CH is frightened to let anyone see the books,why I ask myself?
We must come up with the right answers to move forward?

#103 cassandra

cassandra
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

There is an agenda going on here and people are being slighted. Why does BQ need someone on here speaking on his behalf? If he has something to say or wishes to call a public meeting he can post on here himself and act for himself.

What has been said so far destroys trust between parties interested in protecting the future of ORLFC. Rumour and inuendo are no way to conduct discussion of a serious topic.  

One easy question: did BQ sell his shareholding to CH or CH/SW jointly and has he been paid in full?

Second easy question: if so does he have a concrete proposal to put regarding the future of ORLFC?

If so can we have it from the organ grinder and not his mischievous monkey?

#104 ultimate roughyed

ultimate roughyed
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

I think you can determine from TRFs post that BQ has been repaid for his shares so he no longer owns any part of the club.

2nd point is that the club is clearly giving CH a sustainable living so he isn't going to relinquish that without a nice 6 figure payout. I don't begrudge the guy a wage as no doubt he works very hard given he does practically everything!

The problem is though we clearly haven't got spare funds to progress the ground redevelopment at a pace that will allow us to qualify for promotion if we should happen to achieve that ambition. Even if that did happen I don't think we could then afford to put up a competitive team in the division above. So maybe it suits CH to stay in this division?

Edited by ultimate roughyed, 12 May 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#105 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Bill Quinn stated many times when he was the majority shareholder and chairman that the club was not his but belonged to the fans as well.

In regard to the shares they should have been purchased by cheques from the personal account of CH or CH/SW if they both purchased them.

BQ no longer holds any shares in OLRLFC (19997)Ltd as he has been paid money for them

However, its how or where or from which/whose bank account the money to purchase BQ 's shares have come from. According to BQ ( and he should know ) they were paid for with cheques from Oldham Rugby and  Oldham Rugby development fund. As a limited company is not allowed to buy back their own shares from directors those shares are now cancelled and can/should not be in the name of another director.

Therefore the share capital of the club must now be The original share capital of 1997 + any additional issued shares - the amount of the shares held by BQ ( which are now cancelled as explained )

What does puzzle me however is the following.

If as Trueroughyed fan as stated that the debts are not  stated but have been shown to ward off potential investors is a little strange.

According to the accounts at Companies House the debts were around £200,000.

If this figure is not correct and as been inflated for whatever reason then surely false accounts have been submitted to Companies House.

I cannot believe that any director of a Limited Company together with their accountants/Auditors ( because they would have prepared them ) would submit accounts to Companies house knowing they are not a true set of accounts as to do so would be subject to committing a serious act. which would bring about a investigation into the club.

The problem is that no one has seen the books as CH will not disclose them to anyone.

I know for a fact that neither Melvyn Lord ,Stuart Hardacre , Bill Quinn and other potential big investors BQ brought to the club where not shown the books by CH. 

The Question is WHY? WHY? WHY?  NOT

I do not know what the situation is like the next person but lately there have been so many innuendo's , rumours and suggestions made about the club that it his time for the sake of the club, its fans and its future for the truth to come out.

The amount of this type of publicity which must not have gone unnoticed by people of authority within the RFL or HMRC can only be damaging to the club.

It is time everything was brought into the open irrespective of it being a Private Limited Company or not as the club,its history and its future is bigger than any set of directors.

Directors come and go as do fans but the clubs existence is paramount.

#106 Trueroughyedfan

Trueroughyedfan
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

Cassandra
Your correct there is an agenda,the agenda is to save ORLFC
Regards BQ coming on here he has no intention of spilling all on an open forum,he has been approached by several fans and is prepared to help if wanted and if that has to start with questions many fans may have then he is to be applauded for being
Open and honest,some thing were all short of
He does not and has not said he wants to set up a meeting that has already been suggested by others on other posts

Harryruby,at last he is getting the picture,time to come cleanCH

I have posted certain info which BQ did not ask me too,I'm doing this to progress matters as I fear for the clubs future

#107 cassandra

cassandra
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Cassandra
Regards BQ coming on here he has no intention of spilling all on an open forum,he has been approached by several fans and is prepared to help if wanted and if that has to start with questions many fans may have then he is to be applauded for being
He does not and has not said he wants to set up a meeting that has already been suggested by others on other posts

I have posted certain info which BQ did not ask me too,I'm doing this to progress matters as I fear for the clubs future

So what exactly do you expect to happen now? If you want a public meeting arrange a venue, set a date and publicise it.

You then need to set an agenda and invite any interested parties.

Lot of posts on here but no-one taking any action

.All mouth and no trousers.

#108 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Cassandra

At the end of the day I don't think anyone is asking BQ to provide any information on this forum, and it is understandable that he would not want to, however if he were to come on here himself and confirm that he is ready and willing to work with us as a supporters group then TRFs postings would be more believable.

He could also express a willingness to attend a meeting which supporters could then set up and provide him with an invite to attend. In my opinion we don't need details of what has gone on in the past, it is the future that counts. His attendance at a meeting to tell us what he can do to help and what he is prepared to do is all we want for now. At the moment there appears to be quite a lot of people who want to see changes, me included, but we are currently running around like headless chickens.

May I suggest that BQ comes on here and states, himself, that he is ready and willing to help us, that's all he needs to do. I do not like third party statements therefore I am a bit sceptical about TRFs postings, which seem to me to be doing a bit of back tracking as things appear to be gaining momentum, and comments like "I have posted certain info which BQ did not ask me to" worry me slightly.

Edited by Ex-scrumhalf, 12 May 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#109 davewd

davewd
  • Facebook
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

well I suppose its better than (all trousers and say knowt)

#110 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Any meeting will have an agenda to move this project forward.

The purpose of the meeting will be to identify investment to support a fans / consortium buy out and to discuss the fans membership scheme.

The meeting will solely focus on creating a realistic consortium (including fans membership)to approach the current board about the prospect of buying the club or buy a percentage of the club shares. The meeting will not be soundboard to criticise CH or the current board.

I will identify a suitable location and post details on the forum and in the local newspaper and rugby league trade press.

(should we invite Dr K from Salford, he has a few bob to spare) ha ha ha.

As per stated in early posts, this process will be a difficult road to travel on especially if we do not secure the necessary funding from Fans, local businesses and a majority financial backer.

I would like BG and RO to speak and outline their intentions in relation to moving this project forward.

Agenda items can be submitted via myself

Regards

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#111 herbie

herbie
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Great stuff O13

#112 Curly Wurly

Curly Wurly
  • Coach
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

If BQ comes back to the Club, I`ll start going again and I`m sure quite a few more would too!.

Still a Roughyed despite what some people might say!!!

#113 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

We need fans financial support also Curly wurly!

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#114 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

if some one can lead a plan and get the wheels in motion il be happy to back it

#115 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

Read Newsletter 15 (dated 19/05/2013) on the Rugby Oldham website...
Read it carefully, inwardly digest its content!

Oh to be a fly on the wall at that meeting of minds!

All the very best Geoff!

#116 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 772 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

should you not also invite the current directors out of courtesy even if they dont turn up .After all without them agreeing nothing else can happen how ever much you want it to
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#117 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Rugby Oldham have a great structure in place to support this project, Any meeting would need the Rugby Oldham Representatives to be present along with BQ. it is necessary to establish if Rugby Oldham will be a major part in this project.

If Rugby Oldham agree to this project they already have an accredited membership scheme in place, they have a good open line of communication with Both BQ and the current board of directors. RO are a none profit community trust, which have the best interests of Oldham rugby league and the local rugby league at heart.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#118 Curly Wurly

Curly Wurly
  • Coach
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

We need fans financial support also Curly wurly!

And it will happen Oldham13. My husband and his business partner used to be shirt sponsors until certain things happened. All our friends know why we withdrew the sponsorship. I myself, would back BQ and any associates of his 100% if he decided to come back to Oldham. I know he would come back like a shot if the opportunity was there, he`s told us plenty of times. :)

Still a Roughyed despite what some people might say!!!

#119 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

You can plan all the meetings you want with whoever you want and make whatever plans you want for the future.

But what criteria do you start from.

Without the basic information of where the club is in regards to the financial situation and in particular the level of debts and to whom what can you achieve.

CH has not produced this information to other parties over the last 15.5 years whether it be to fellow directors or interested parties so who thinks he will do it now.

As long as he is getting an income and support from those who seem to follow him  nothing will change.

The future could be a bed of roses right now we have a garden of weeds.

#120 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

If we do not try we will never know.

If we do not succeed at least we tried.

we can do nothing and stay be in the same position or we can try to make changes.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users