RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Your Options

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#121 ultimate roughyed

ultimate roughyed
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

Would be interesting to know how much it would take to buy CH out. Assuming what has been said is right in terms of debt (it's minimal) then BQ could give us an idea of the money required given he's been there before! The options to my mind are simple:-

1.) Do nothing and continue as we are.
2.) Set up a new club. Can't honestly see how this could work and could only be an amateur set up whilst the semi pro club still exists.
3.) Make CH an offer to buy the entire club subject to full inspection of the accounts.
4.) Mass Supporter boycott to ultimately send the club into liquidation and hope the RFL will allow another club to reform.

Edited by ultimate roughyed, 12 May 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#122 RoytonRoughyed

RoytonRoughyed
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Boycott? That should be à extremely last resort

#123 ultimate roughyed

ultimate roughyed
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

True but is an option though nonetheless, drastic as it may seem.

#124 Trueroughyedfan

Trueroughyedfan
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

This is what I'm saying,BQ thinks a meeting should take place with only those who wish to make a difference
A QA session can be then had with whoever after this

BQ said we need not make this a witch hunt but maybe CH can be persuaded the time has come
He may just be ready if the right plan is in place,he can then go with his head held high

As BQ said today this great historic club should never belong to one man
This club belongs to the people of Oldham,now is the time to take ownership,come together,run the
Club with an open book policy,make the fans and those who can't attend but want to help their club
Feel they all have a stake in the club,yes install a board but install the people as well

You can do it but know is not the time for the faint hearted

I think he is right,knows the time for the people of Oldham prove they love rugby league and want
This club to be the place of the future and be proud of the heritage this town has in rugby league

This club needs to feel like its apart of everyone living in Oldham we can rebuild,this town has the tools
The experience the want and most of all the people,quote from BQ,

#125 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

You can plan all the meetings you want with whoever you want and make whatever plans you want for the future.

But what criteria do you start from.

Without the basic information of where the club is in regards to the financial situation and in particular the level of debts and to whom what can you achieve.

CH has not produced this information to other parties over the last 15.5 years whether it be to fellow directors or interested parties so who thinks he will do it now.

As long as he is getting an income and support from those who seem to follow him  nothing will change.

The future could be a bed of roses right now we have a garden of weeds.

I'm sorry Harry but that all sounds a bit defeatist, and I normally agree with your posts. It strikes me that allegations have been made about financial irregularities taking place regarding the sale/purchase of shares. If something has been done illegally then, as someone in my local just pointed out, perhaps the RLF should be invited to investigate those allegations. If they turn out to be true then at the very least I would expect them to suspend CH pending further investigation. If he is proved guilty of anything illegal then the path to a takeover should be clear.

Just a thought.

#126 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

count me in at any meeting......

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#127 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 925 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

If everyone on here put as much effort into going to games as they did posting, maybe the club could do things with the extra money. I've never read such nonsense on this forum as this thread. We all know this is all talk, and not a single one of you will approach CH, and ask to take the club over.

Lets see who are the Fans,and who are the Keyboard warriors by turning up Friday night, and supporting the Under 20's against York. These lads are playing well, and deserve YOUR support. If you are fans, prove it. Stop spouting this buy out nonsense, unless you have about £450k to run the club Per Annum, and get behind YOUR team, and turn up Fri night, it's only £4 in FFS !!!
In the First 48.....

#128 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

I will turn up...
WHEN THIS CLUB IS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!
until it is I am a keyboard warrior...Get over it!

#129 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

ive got a season ticket, does that mean i can have an opinion.... i dont like the im a better fan than you malarky its not going to move the club on

#130 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Mackin89 absolutely spot on!

#131 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 925 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

Got no problem if you have a season ticket, just sick of seeing the negative posts and people spouting s h i t.

Eclectic sheep, you staying away will not change the management. That's a rather childish attitude. If you support the team, you go watch, simple as that. I heard several fans last season saying they wouldn't come again till TB went. Where are they now ?, probably on here spouting garbage all the time.

I don't pretend to be a better supporter than anyone else, just one that goes and gets behind the team, win or lose.

AS I said, not one of you who want change, will approach CH with a buy out offer.
In the First 48.....

#132 Guest_Middlefordiddle_*

Guest_Middlefordiddle_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Got no problem if you have a season ticket, just sick of seeing the negative posts and people spouting s h i t.Eclectic sheep, you staying away will not change the management. That's a rather childish attitude. If you support the team, you go watch, simple as that. I heard several fans last season saying they wouldn't come again till TB went. Where are they now ?, probably on here spouting garbage all the time.I don't pretend to be a better supporter than anyone else, just one that goes and gets behind the team, win or lose.AS I said, not one of you who want change, will approach CH with a buy out offer.

I'm a newbie at the Rugby so I can only go off what people have told me about CH. What happened with that fella who won the lottery a few years back and was going to invest?. Got told that he wanted to see the books but for some reason, nothing happened and he never got to see them. From what I can gather, that's happened to a few more people too. If CH has nothing to hide, why doesn't he put the club up for sale and let any interested parties in to see what exactly the position the club is in debt wise. By keeping quiet, it's only natural that rumours are flying around to the state of the club. To stop the rumours, he needs to communicate with the fans if he wants their continued support.

#133 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 925 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

He'll only put it up for sale, if he wants to sell. My car isn't up for sale, but if you make me an offer for it, I'll listen.
As for the Lottery winner, I was told by one of the Directors that he was stopped from putting his money in by his wife, and Camelot advised him that investing in sport clubs wont get you a return. So off he went.
As I keep saying, if you want to take the club over, approach CH, and see wether there is a deal to be done.

Edited by allroughyed, 13 May 2013 - 10:33 AM.

In the First 48.....

#134 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

allroughyed, I watched ORLFC in the 60`s 80`s (home and away) and under the Quinn era, I dont like the way the club has been run post Quinn and the quality of the Rugby seems to me at least to be on par with the local amateur scene now, Now you and a lot of others might not like to hear that, and its not all one persons doing, however taking a step or two back and looking at the 1997-2013 overview I have become convinced that there must be change at the very top to bring the progress that is plainly required. The last statement now in the public domain regarding Rugby Oldhams current stance to me suggests that they have received some communication from Chris that has given them confidence to declare some infrastructure investment in Whitebank stadium, I have massive respect for at least one dyed in the wool ORLFC and RL in general member of this organisation, and I see now that there is a growing likelihood that the Status Quo at Oldham RLFC is going to continue as Rugby Oldham state that their numbers represent a large percentage of spectators at Whitebank home games.
I cannot generate the same positive mindset at this time so I have voted with my feet.
The only way Chris is still in the position he is is plain to me,and I am not going to reward constant failure and lack of any accountability, though I am not party to any of the assurances that RO must have received and I do wish them well , who knows things might be turned around,people can change, teams do rise from the ashes...there have been some rather fascinating postings on this forum lately, I would dearly love to hear what Rodger Halstead thinks the way forward is and his view on the last few years, If he only knew how we used to devour his match reports and insightful comments and articles regarding all that once was ORLFC!

#135 Guest_Middlefordiddle_*

Guest_Middlefordiddle_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

Just had a look on www.duedil.com and according to their records, CH has 50,000 shares priced at £1 each and the Club has a book value of -£216,245.

#136 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Just had a look on www.duedil.com and according to their records, CH has 50,000 shares priced at £1 each and the Club has a book value of -£216,245.

That is on the presumption that HE as bought the shares off BQ with his Money. According to BQ the payments have not been in his name.

#137 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm sorry Harry but that all sounds a bit defeatist, and I normally agree with your posts. It strikes me that allegations have been made about financial irregularities taking place regarding the sale/purchase of shares. If something has been done illegally then, as someone in my local just pointed out, perhaps the RLF should be invited to investigate those allegations. If they turn out to be true then at the very least I would expect them to suspend CH pending further investigation. If he is proved guilty of anything illegal then the path to a takeover should be clear.

Just a thought.

I am not being a defeatist ex Scrum half the fact is no one knows the true situation because CH is not forthcoming with information.

I have only set out the situation as I see it in regard to the financial aspect and in relation to what others have said.

Only CH can provide the majority of the answers that the fans are asking for.

If he chooses not to then the club maintains the status quo which does not bode well for the future.

It is not being defeatist to ask for the full situation to be clarified in order for the club to move in a different direction it is being realistic.

#138 cassandra

cassandra
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

Admire your desire to do something Oldham13 and I'd attend any meeting you arrange.

However, would it be an idea for you or some one else to contact CH to see what he would want to sell up? in the past he has said - on more than one occasion - that he would. Despite that my information is that two credible bidders have been rebuffed in the past.

If he won't go it won't happen (with or without BQ)

#139 oldhambear7

oldhambear7
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

And as has been said before, he won't go because it pays his salary, I know I wouldn't give up my salary in this climate and I'm damn sure he won't. It will be run into the ground no matter how little fans turn up. I admire everyone's enthusiasm for change but if he won't give it up you can't have it. Quite telling to see how many posts this thread has had for the disillusioned as opposed to the few that trickle out from the dwindling band of 'loyalies'.

#140 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

I am happy to arrange the meeting and handle the agenda. We need the support of Rugby Oldham tho. I understand BQ will attend a meeting but I need to establish if rugby league are willing to attend and support this project.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users