Your Options

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#141 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

I am happy to arrange the meeting and handle the agenda. We need the support of Rugby Oldham tho. I understand BQ will attend a meeting but I need to establish if rugby league are willing to attend and support this project.

Pretty Clear an unequivocal statement from Rugby Oldham on 10th May on here

http://www.totalrl.c...m/#entry2696670

This post is to remind rugby supporters in the town that information on Rugby Oldham, its aims and objectives and its activities can be found on the Rugby Oldham website.

The website has been updated this week after technical difficulties had meant little new information being posted for a few months.

Click on Newsletters to see the information we have provided to our membership. And remember the easiest way to stay in touch is to become a member yourself if you are not already. You can download an application form from the website.

If you are a Co-op member you can help boost Rugby Oldham's funds by donating all or part of your dividend to Rugby Oldham. You do this from the Co-op membership site where Rugby Oldham is listed among the good causes to which you can send dividends. A number of members already do this (myself included) and it is a quick and easy way to help a cause you believe in.

At one time it was also possible to contribute to Rugby Oldham via the 'Buy at' button whereby purchases at a large number of online retailers resulted in a percentage of the purchase price being donated to Rugby Oldham. In this way I was once able to donate £126 to our funds at no cost to myself as a result of booking a family holiday with Thomson. Unfortunately this opportunity no longer exists as the scheme has closed.  The 'Buy at' button will be removed BUT we are in the process of joining a new scheme with similar benefits and I will update you as soon as this is operative. 

Now, speaking personally and in view of the recent traffic on this forum, I would say that I/we are aware of supporter disillusion with the state of professional rugby and with the desire of some to do something about it. The position of Rugby Oldham, put simply, is that Chris Hamilton is the owner of Oldham RLFC (1997) Ltd. and is recognised as such by the RFL. Therefore it is impossible to form an alternative club and gain admission to the League. Furthermore, if you have checked our constitution, you will note that Rugby Oldham was not set up to run a professional rugby club nor to buy shares in the existing club. Despite comments made on this Forum over the years that that was our purpose it has NEVER been part of our remit. At this moment in time Rugby Oldham's commitment is to assist Chris Hamilton in the development of Whitebank with funds to help provide terracing. Until anything changes that remains the position.

#142 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

so everyone just go back to sticking their heads in the sand

no wonder we've lost most of our fans..

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#143 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Oh dear back to square one for the negative brigade lmao, what a set of pie in the sky clowns you are with your big proposals. Now perhaps you could keep your negativity off the messageboards and we true supporters of Oldham RLFC can get on with supporting our club and team. You have been told the Trusts point of view now so get behind the club and dont worry who runs it, BQ did such an amazing job didnt he lol, time for you to either prove you want a RL club in Oldham and pay your money at the gate to increase our turnover then something may be done with the ground etc, or go back to your knitting and gardening. Thanks for your wonderful support of our proud club and goodbye ;)

Taff

#144 exiledyed

exiledyed
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Been there done that ,didn't work

Oh dear back to square one for the negative brigade lmao, what a set of pie in the sky clowns you are with your big proposals. Now perhaps you could keep your negativity off the messageboards and we true supporters of Oldham RLFC can get on with supporting our club and team. You have been told the Trusts point of view now so get behind the club and dont worry who runs it, BQ did such an amazing job didnt he lol, time for you to either prove you want a RL club in Oldham and pay your money at the gate to increase our turnover then something may be done with the ground etc, or go back to your knitting and gardening. Thanks for your wonderful support of our proud club and goodbye ;)

Taff

#145 cluedo

cluedo
  • Coach
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Roughyed34 I guess you are happy for the club to carry on in it's present form then, does it not worry you that the crowds dwindle every season a worrying stat is that the biggest crowd at a rugby game this year in oldham was at a amateur game, stop slagging people because they have chosen not to go anymore, why not try to find a positive way of enticing them back, I myself no longer go to watch mainly because after many years watching home and away I am no longer prepared to pay out to watch a second rate outfit with a owner who alienates people like CH does, next time you see Mr. Hamilton feel free to ask him why two major sponsors and lifelong fans don't even attend games now, can I finish by asking how long you have been supporting the club and honestly tell me where you think it will be in 5 years time

#146 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

Fine i accept the fact you dont want to go,but dont call yourselves supporters of OLDHAM RLFC because the club is bigger and more important than the fact people dont like CH or the ground. If it wasnt for CH we wouldnt even have a club. I admit that things should be more open and the facts of the shares issue, accounts etc should be made available and then i think people would see where the money goes instead of having to resort to speculation, im just sick of the negativity of people on the board.For your information i and a group of us are trying to help the club so watch this space. As for enticing people back just out of interest how many of the stayaways would actually attend a game if some sort of offer was suggested? Thats no criticism just asking your opinion. I  have been going home and away for 36 years for what its worth. As for slagging people off its like a firing squad on here with people sniping at CH, the ground or anything which takes there fancy so thats a case of pot calling kettle black.

I dont know why you say second rate outfit? This team of lads we have stick together and try their best for Oldham, if you had been to Hemel you would have seen what the win meant to them and the supporters who travelled. The league we are in i think has surprised people (including me) with the exception of Gloucester. The rugby the new sides have played is not bad and tbh NW Crusaders look a class above at the moment including there off field set up.

In 5 years time i would hope we have a united fanbase back as frankly we need as many people through the door as possible, the ground to have a main stand and terracing down the Whitebank Road side (if we stay there), in terms of the finances it would be good to have a board back to provide a stable base to build from with perhaps a fans representative on that board. On the field (as it stands) to have a side capable of holding their own mid-table/playoff place in the Championship. Obviously i would prefer these things sooner than later!!

Taff

#147 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

You will get none of those things whilst the megalomaniac remains in charge!
Things need to be forced and a boycott by fans arranged.
Let's face it, anyone who can derive pleasure from watching the current side must be a masochist and it's hard staying away after watching for over 40 years but if we don't do something then the team and club will remain a sick joke and laughing stock!

#148 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

You will get none of those things whilst the megalomaniac remains in charge!
Things need to be forced and a boycott by fans arranged.
Let's face it, anyone who can derive pleasure from watching the current side must be a masochist and it's hard staying away after watching for over 40 years but if we don't do something then the team and club will remain a sick joke and laughing stock!

I'm sorry but I can't agree after seeing those lads and coaching staff flogging their guts out all through the winter and giving it their. I am not about to desert them. We all want something better but the team shouldn't suffer. We have a real chance of going up this season and if we get behind them the chances are greater. 

#149 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

There's nothing wrong with the current side, they are a set of lads who want to win, and have a lot of respect for the fans. If you don't want the "meglomaniac" in charge, then do something about.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#150 cluedo

cluedo
  • Coach
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

Roughyed34 thanks for your answer, with regards whitebank where else could we play, I have seen numerous comments on this forum regarding the showers etc at whitebank so I doubt if promotion would be allowed it is a criteria of north west counties even that warm showers have to be provided, a lot of people complained about BP but the crowds where good there, sadly a return there wouldn't happen. I don't doubt the players are putting a stint in the sad fact remains that they are still not good enough it is a sorry state of affairs when a town with our rugby history is struggling in a predominantly development league. In 5 years without change the club will not exist, I very much doubt with the debts it is carrying we will last two, good luck with helping the club perhaps you will succeed where others have failed but remember don't ask too many questions.

#151 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

No problem Cluedo, I agree with a lot of the sentiments on here about the ground, it will be the stumbling block on promotion (if it happens), the shower question is disgraceful tbh, thanks for the good luck message :) just trying to keep a bit of faith in the Club thats all. Hope some people may come down and watch a game and have a pint and a natter with us, even if it is only for one game. All the best.

Taff

#152 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

In response to Roughyed34 I would say that it is not being negative to want the club to improve, move on and move up, even if that means a change at the top if that can be achieved. Personally I would call that being positive about the club.

As for attendance then for someone like me, who attended from 1954 to 2006 at every game home and away, every A Team game at home and many away and practically every Colts team game that included the likes of Goodway and Worrall; etc., seeing the club in it's present predicament is very hard to swallow, especially when you have been as passionate about the club as I was, and you cannot see any real light at the end of the tunnel. It is also very hard to bear when you believe all the hype about the new season, with new players and the new coach and then you go to four matches, thinking maybe this is the time to start going again, and see three losses and come away highly disappointed and with the view that nothing much has changed in reality. They had a chance to get people back this year but at present it isn't happening is it?

Obviously you are now the one who is very passionate about the club and clearly I wish you well with it, especially if you have plans to help the club out. I hope things work out and I genuinely do wish you luck. I've not finished going yet by the way. All I want is to see some improvement both on and off the field to bring back the passion.

Finally Cleudo asked you to honestly say where you thought the club would be in 5 years. You answered by telling him/her where you hoped they would be. Please try and tell us where you THINK they will be if there are no changes at the top, HONESTLY?

#153 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Totally agree with you 'roughyed 34', 'Tosh1960' and 'allroughyed'.  Oldham RLFC is, whatever it is at any one time and the current players and coaches at both 1st team and U/20'S level are fully deserving of our support and they are to be commended for their total commitment to the club. They train at some of the best facilities available to rugby league players anywhere and they train long and hard with tremendous enthusiasm. Considering the drastic reduction in the RFL funding this season, in particular to clubs who failed to make the Championship, the club has assembled a squad of very talented young players, but it was always going to take time to develop a level of consistency required to have all the answers against teams consisting with more experience. By 'getting on their backs' at every opportunity can soon knock the confidence of young players - give them a chance and plenty of support and we give them the best chance for success this season. Don't forget that, they are not the reason for us failing to get promoted in previous seasons - we have been badly let down by all sorts of people and circumstances in the past and those are TOO numerous to mention.

Of course, if you only have a 'short memory' or wish to use rumour or conjecture to blame just one person for our current position that is a very niave mind-set. Starving the club of income by

not attending matches/ functions or contributing to the efforts of the Oldham Roughyeds Supporters Association as part of 'this blame culture', is the real reason for the lack of progress - now is the time to rally round and show that you really want a future for Oldham RLFC by supporting the team and helping them get out of the lower tier. If anyone has the 'real' money to help, let them approach the club and see what materialises but to continue the 'rabble rousing' will serve no purpose and cause a lot of misery to those who really DO have the club at heart.

A good start would be tomorrow night, with the U/20's match against York down at Whitebank. Enjoy!

COME ON YOU ROUGHYEDS!!

#154 cluedo

cluedo
  • Coach
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

Logic there are a lot of people to blame for the failure of the old club fact is though CH runs ORLFC now and in the whole has mainly done so on his own, various parties have vested interest over the years but got nowhere with CH fact not hearsay, the sad fact of the matter is that over the years the club has lost around 2000 fans surely they can't all be wrong, another question for you all if the rugby league stop paying for clubs to have a chief executive how long would CH stay

#155 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

so it seems we need to form a trust/group with the sole aim of taking over the club...

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#156 RoytonRoughyed

RoytonRoughyed
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

I will be going to the Gateshead game, i dont mind going to the games. I can even accept if Oldham arnt a good side. (im an Oldham Athletic fan aswell). I dont even have a problem with the ground so much ( the pitch i hate) but its below RFL standards and we need to get it to that standard. How much will it cost? we could do it bit by bit. He was asking to sponsor the pitch id give £10 for the pitch to be sponsored but it dont trust the money would be used in the way its meant so with a baby on the way its better in my pocket. How much would it cost for 10 or so rows of terracing 100 yards down a pitch?

Id just like to see the club progress more off the field, just one single positive. Thats all im asking for.

On the field like i said in another post we are going to be one of 6 teams in the playoffs and we can win 2/3 games to get us promoted.

I dont even want to oust CH i jusy want the club to move forward.

Id love the club to be run 50/50 fan and private ownership like the German Football Teams.

If you think im being negetive then thats fine, but i can see the positive, the potential to have a club that id be proud to wear the shirt around town of no matter how bad ot how good they are.

If the fans dont fight for the club, the current trend of them leaving bit by bit will continute then we will be in trouble.

#157 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Again we are in the situation where if you put a negative comment on the site others refer to you as not a true supporter Oldham Supporter and they should get behind the team.

People like Cluedo, Ex Scrum Half, Ultimate Roughyed and others have supported the club for many years and ARE loyal fans. There are very few posts on here giving adverse comments about the players or the coaches and I am sure they all wish them success.

No, the common denominator is just the way the club as been run. The way sponsors, investors and supporters have been treated in the past.

I appreciate that it is a Private Limited Company and it is up to the management to give out information as they seem.

But if the club want people to support them they should be more open with the fans, as it is they who keep the club going and have done so over ever since the club was reformed in 1997.

The financial status of the club is a mystery to most fans unless you go on companies house web site and then it does not make good reading.

Fans who have been supporting the club for many years are entitled to be frustrated at what is happening to it today.

Oldham Rugby used to be known as a friendly family club run by the fans who were passionate about the club and where the committee were ready to talk to them at all times.

Now it is run by one person who prefers to be silent on most things and runs the club like a secret society.

The club is bigger than any one man or it should be.

If people don't want to go for whatever reason respect their right to do so.

If something his not broke don't fix it. In Oldham Rugby's case it is seriously broke and needs fixing.

#158 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 691 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

I am hoping to confirm the location of a public early next week!

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#159 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

I am hoping to confirm the location of a public early next week!

Good man. You can definitely count me in.

#160 cluedo

cluedo
  • Coach
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Excellent post by Harryruby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users