Your Options

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#161 Gregory

Gregory
  • Coach
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

I will be going to the Gateshead game, i dont mind going to the games. I can even accept if Oldham arnt a good side. (im an Oldham Athletic fan aswell). I dont even have a problem with the ground so much ( the pitch i hate) but its below RFL standards and we need to get it to that standard. How much will it cost? we could do it bit by bit. He was asking to sponsor the pitch id give £10 for the pitch to be sponsored but it dont trust the money would be used in the way its meant so with a baby on the way its better in my pocket. How much would it cost for 10 or so rows of terracing 100 yards down a pitch?

Id just like to see the club progress more off the field, just one single positive. Thats all im asking for.

On the field like i said in another post we are going to be one of 6 teams in the playoffs and we can win 2/3 games to get us promoted.

I dont even want to oust CH i jusy want the club to move forward.

Id love the club to be run 50/50 fan and private ownership like the German Football Teams.

If you think im being negetive then thats fine, but i can see the positive, the potential to have a club that id be proud to wear the shirt around town of no matter how bad ot how good they are.

If the fans dont fight for the club, the current trend of them leaving bit by bit will continute then we will be in trouble.

It seems that just over 12 months ago, CH was willing to listen to offers.

http://www.oldham-ch...for-all-seasons

Edited by Gregory, 17 May 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#162 diehard 1

diehard 1
  • Coach
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

Again we are in the situation where if you put a negative comment on the site others refer to you as not a true supporter Oldham Supporter and they should get behind the team.

People like Cluedo, Ex Scrum Half, Ultimate Roughyed and others have supported the club for many years and ARE loyal fans. There are very few posts on here giving adverse comments about the players or the coaches and I am sure they all wish them success.

No, the common denominator is just the way the club as been run. The way sponsors, investors and supporters have been treated in the past.

I appreciate that it is a Private Limited Company and it is up to the management to give out information as they seem.

But if the club want people to support them they should be more open with the fans, as it is they who keep the club going and have done so over ever since the club was reformed in 1997.

The financial status of the club is a mystery to most fans unless you go on companies house web site and then it does not make good reading.

Fans who have been supporting the club for many years are entitled to be frustrated at what is happening to it today.

Oldham Rugby used to be known as a friendly family club run by the fans who were passionate about the club and where the committee were ready to talk to them at all times.

Now it is run by one person who prefers to be silent on most things and runs the club like a secret society.

The club is bigger than any one man or it should be.

If people don't want to go for whatever reason respect their right to do so.

If something his not broke don't fix it. In Oldham Rugby's case it is seriously broke and needs fixing.

hi harryruby

you make  excellent points with your post, but you must rememmber that roughyed34 and allroughyed, and others who try to protect the club also have excellent points, that is what makes our great club great, i cant make it cos of money problems, just like most people i guess, but i still am and always will be a ORLFC fan.

To everyone who has put there OPINIONS on this board well done it still shows you all have this great and wonderful club in your hearts.

ORLFC FOREVER.

#163 cluedo

cluedo
  • Coach
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Gregory he might listen to offers but sometimes you have to be reallistic, you can't expect a payout and someone to take over your debts with no assets as such

#164 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 700 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

Yeah I agree fantastic post by Harryruby...
Count me in to the meeting too

#165 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

I agree with your comments diehard 1 about roighyed34 and allroughyed. Everyone is entitled to their opinion its when one person starts insulting another because of their views that annoys me.

In regard to the public meeting that will be fine  for the people to voice their opinions about the future of the club to express their feelings about the present situation. 

But the main question you should ask yourself is.

Will CH attend to listen and comment or will he care about your meeting.

From experience the answer to both will be NO which is the problem.

If such meeting takes place I hope he proves me wrong.

#166 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

It seems that just over 12 months ago, CH was willing to listen to offers.

http://www.oldham-ch...for-all-seasons

I read that article with interest.

To say that he would be willing to offers and walk away is fine but what is needed for that to happen is for CH to open up the books to potential serious people who either want to invest or take the club over.

He as never done this to other original directors or BQ who came on board later.

For any chairman, financial director ( call him what you like ) not to show or refuse  fellow directors the books when asked is very unprofessional in whatever type of business. This is not me just saying this it is a fact.

So the article is a little one sided and just represents his views many of which the fans share.

When the four directors reformed the club in 1997 as the article says they refused to get involved with the Oldham bears and wanted a fresh start.

WHY ? Because they were not prepared to take on whatever debts  the bears had at that time

Just what is the difference today.

The club has debts but no one knows  exactly  who is what as the accounts at companies house are abbreviated and the clubs management wont reveal the facts.

So why should anyone invest in the club or take over the club and its debts at this time.

People are just doing and saying what CH , SW and the other two directors did and said in 1997.

#167 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

I may have missed something, but what did happen to Roger Halstead?

He was media Manager for ORLFC, and on here, then suddenly disappeared it seemed to me.

#168 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

I have not seem Roger for a while as well. Unlike him to miss games. as he is passionate about Oldham Rugby.

I think he has a son  or daughter who lives in either Australia or New Zealand so he may have gone to see them as he does sometimes,

or he could be ill.

#169 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

That would be the same Roger Halstead that I saw at the U/20's on Friday night....and at Hemel Hempstead last weekend....and every match home and away!!

#170 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

Greedy sod grabbed the last two pies on Friday night.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#171 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Glad to here he is out and about.

#172 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

He had 2 pies and peas at the Oxford game,what an appitite :sarcastic: 

Greedy sod grabbed the last two pies on Friday night.

Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#173 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

Allroughyed,

Can you check BQ availability for Thursday 13th June 2013!

I am trying to obtain a venue for the meeting, I will see if St Anne's RLFC will let us have the function room free if the bar is open.

Regards

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#174 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Eh ? What are you on about oldham13 ?

Edited by allroughyed, 24 May 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#175 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

I was under the impression you where in contact with Bill Quinn with regards to the public meeting?

I used have made a mistake with the user name.

Apologise for the confusion.

Enjoy the Game !

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#176 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Allroughyed,

I am trying to obtain a venue for the meeting, I will see if St Anne's RLFC will let us have the function room free if the bar is open.

Regards

I really wanted to attend a meeting to see what can be done to sort out our problems but unfortunately I am on holiday that week and will be unable to come along. Clearly I cannot expect a change of date just to suit me but I would ask that you publish the full details of what is said at the meeting and what is planned for the future. If you would do that I would be extremely grateful.

#177 BOLTON ROUGHYED

BOLTON ROUGHYED
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

Allroughyed,

Regards

This all rather died a death didn't it......!?

#178 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

BQ will never be involved with ORLFC again. A member of staff told me they will all walk out the day that happens.

See you all Sunday at Wrexham for the biggest challenge of the Season so far. Up the Yeds!!!!!!!

#179 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 907 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

I doub't St Annes would faciliate the meeting, and more so for BQ to attend there.

#180 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

BQ will never be involved with ORLFC again. A member of staff told me they will all walk out the day that happens.

See you all Sunday at Wrexham for the biggest challenge of the Season so far. Up the Yeds!!!!!!!

Never say Never is a long time. If he did come back or any one else came in it would then be up to the staff up to decide if they wanted to stay or new owners wanted them.

A company can always get new staff.

The present staffs view point is not really relevant they are a small section of the supporters.

The bigger question is. Would the majority of Oldham fans be glad if BQ came back and replaced CH?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users