RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

03/05/13 - Bradford Bulls v Leeds Rhinos - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford Bulls (5 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

2. Leeds Rhinos (7 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Everyones said everything I'd bother saying from a Bradford POV (well played Leeds BTW, very enjoyable stuff even if we were on the wrong end), so I thought I'd pick up on this.

I agree Walker should go, he's a liability in defence. Diskin should also be offloaded now. He's a wise old head and he's still got the RL brain, but the body just ain't doing it. For me, L'estrange was our Man of the Match by a country mile. Diskin did next to nothing in the first 20, and when Heath came on he was massively responsable at us getting anywhere near close to the Rhinos later in the game. The fact Cummins left Heath on for the rest of the match and just brought Diskin on elsewhere (loose forward?) later speaks volumes about what Diskin can (or can no longer) do in bigger matches. Similar thing happened at Headingley a few weeks back too.

Scruton I'd keep personally and I'd probably gamble on Lulia too. I thought he went well last season but I agree this year he's been lacking. You don't become bad overnight, but maybe it's something behind the scenes and he'd wwant to leave anyway.

Agree with all your keeps too - strangely this time last year I would have probably said get shut of Langley but he's had a new lease of life this year.

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

Lulia is a good player, but I'm not on the least bit impressed by his work rate. If he worked half as hard as Elliot Kear then he'd twice the player he is at the moment.

I really think we need a strike centre and a top draw prop as clear priorities.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#62 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Keith Lulia looks a stone overweight.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#63 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,101 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Why was that not an 8 point try?

Nobody?

Buy the official Rovers 2013 Yearbook, out now!!!  ;)

http://feathers.rlstore.co.uk/product/2013YEARBOOK

#64 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,520 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Nobody?

you should ask that one on twitter.

#65 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,101 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

you should ask that one on twitter.

Im not much of a twitterer but I took a look at this

http://therfl.co.uk/...feree/asktheref

and it's better than nowt I suppose

Buy the official Rovers 2013 Yearbook, out now!!!  ;)

http://feathers.rlstore.co.uk/product/2013YEARBOOK

#66 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

Did anyone else think it odd that Danny McGuire didn't get his marching orders for his failed attempt to punch a Bradford player in the head?  Just because his attempt was rubbish does not take away the intent. Justin Poore got red carded for putting Liam Farrell on the turf the other week as a retaliatory/defensive act, and yet McGuire was the aggressor and conceded just a penalty.

#67 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

Nobody?

Because the high tackle happened 5 metres out while Evans had the ball planted in his chest. He broke through the tackle and reached out to score. Had he have been hit high as he was touching the ball down (in the act of scoring) then the possibility of an "8 point try" would have been looked at. As this was not the case, Silverwood played the advantage, Bradford scored, and he warned the (wrong)Leeds player after he awarded the try.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#68 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Did anyone else think it odd that Danny McGuire didn't get his marching orders for his failed attempt to punch a Bradford player in the head? Just because his attempt was rubbish does not take away the intent. Justin Poore got red carded for putting Liam Farrell on the turf the other week as a retaliatory/defensive act, and yet McGuire was the aggressor and conceded just a penalty.

No it was pretty typical of how Leeds are reffed to different rules to other teams

Same goes for Kylie who by the context of other games in the last few weeks was a straight red as well

#69 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

No it was pretty typical of how Leeds are reffed to different rules to other teams

Same goes for Kylie who by the context of other games in the last few weeks was a straight red as well

Re watch the incident. The main contact for me looked to be Achurch.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#70 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Re watch the incident. The main contact for me looked to be Achurch.

I watched it too this morning, Achurch had the worst impact but Leulaui was also high initially, bit of a double-whammy.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#71 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Bulls didn't play in the first half; no aggression, no speed and no defence. Not for the first time we've only go into the game after the first twenty minutes and you just can't do that against quality teams. Leeds did what they needed to do and ran hard and straight and tackled as though they meant it, though I don't accept they were exceptional at all, they simply did the basics very well.

What's happened to Danny Mcguire? He was a total wonk on Friday night, constantly looking for trouble and his apparent go for Heath L'Estrange's eyes ought to result in an enquiry as it was totally unacceptable.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#72 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

If I was Francis Cummins I'd be straight on the phone to his former mentors and colleagues Smith and McDermott for tips and advice to try and sort out our defence.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#73 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

To be honest, I don't think it was the 'mechanics' of the defence which was particularly at fault, and for me the structure seemed, well, more or less, intact - it was making the tackle stick after initial contact which let us down. To be frank, Leeds sauntered through our line. We got hands on them but, particularly in the first half, we failed to put them down. I know some of our better tacklers were missing from the pack [Langers and Donno for two] but failing to hit hard and keep hold is schoolboy stuff which they should all be capable of at this level.

#74 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Leeds get rub of the green,refs give games to Leeds,blah,blah,blah,blah blah.

Only decent posts about the game have been from a few Bradford fans.Bradford under Francis Cummins will be a very,very good team.By the time the playoffs come around ,they could be the team to beat.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#75 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

It's hard for me to say [as you might guess B) ]but Leeds were the better side by a country mile. There's no point in denying it.

#76 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users