Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

most improved player this season

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 slowdive

slowdive
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

i dont think thats a fair benchmark for 'most improved'. He can only be compared to his peers and how he is doing, not what is happening in a comp on the other side of the world.

Let's not go down the route of challenging every bit of praise for a player with the 'could he do it in the nrl' question.

Fair do's..I think giwildgo summed up what I was pondering about Farrell, apologies for wandering off thread!
"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

#42 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

I think Farrell would make a solid centre IMO, not sure how good his ball skills are though.

#43 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

Have Wigan been on tv that much this year? I dont seem to have seen too much of them.

Oo, oo, sir! Sir! I know, I know.

Warrington (H), R2

Leeds (A), R7

Widnes (H), R8

St Helens (H), R9

At least I think that's all of them... :unsure:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#44 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,101 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

Oo, oo, sir! Sir! I know, I know.

Warrington (H), R2
Leeds (A), R7
Widnes (H), R8
St Helens (H), R9

At least I think that's all of them... :unsure:

heres another one then! In those games, who got MOM?
I assume it was Farrell as if I had only seen somebody play 4 times he'd have had to blow me away to merit some plaudits he's getting!

#45 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

heres another one then! In those games, who got MOM?
I assume it was Farrell as if I had only seen somebody play 4 times he'd have had to blow me away to merit some plaudits he's getting!

Dunno about that, I hang around to watch sky MOM and where the £100 goes, but I don't note them down like I do for the sky games. (I'm obviously not a proper fan!) Either Farrell or Tomkins usually.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#46 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,456 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Nick Scruton got the Bulls MoM against Leeds. He had a good game but was not first choice amongst any of the groups of people I stand with ...quizzical looks all round.

For the previous couple of seasons,  the Bulls MoM was decided on live txts from the spectators, but i don't think ths happens anymore. It would be interesting to see who chooses it.

A few times, I got coprporate hospitality every year at Valley Parade from a waste disposal company who always sponsored the first Bradford City home game in the Johnson Paint / Sherpa Vans Trophy. We did a poll (~50 guests and company employees) to pick the MoM between us. So the nomination of a MoM can be fairly subjective.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police