Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

03/05/13 - Wigan Warriors v Salford City Reds - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Wigan Warriors (11 votes [84.62%])

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

2. Salford City Reds (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

46 - 0. Still time for more.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#22 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

TRY TO SALFORD!!!!!!!

Right on the death.

Wane will be happy - not.

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

#23 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Full time score. 46 - 6.

We weren't nilled! Take the positives, however small.

#24 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Lets face it - we were NEVER going to win this one tonight. To be fair, Wigan are by far the most impressive team this season and have put a lot of points on better teams than us this year - 62 - 4 v Widnes recently and they are having a great season.

Onwards.

If Wigan don't win the Grand Final this year ................ I don't know when.

#25 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Decent performance from Wigan, Salford didn't give up but were clearly out classed. Most disappointing (apart from Smith's injury from a late Griffin shoulder charge) was the performance of Child plumbing the depths of awfulness. I've never seen a referee get such a high proportion of decisions wrong in one game and the TJs were just as blind - it affected both teams through the course of the game. If Child gets a game next week, then there is clearly no analysis or expected standard of performance for RFL pro officials.

Edited by giwildgo, 03 May 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#26 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

I see that the R.F.L.'s new rules on shoulder charges don't apply to instances where the attack is on a Wigan player - nothing ever changes does it? While ever the Hetherington gang is in charge at the R.F.L. (stands for "Rooting For Leeds")then Wigan will be subject to this kind of dreadful treatment from match officials and will win nothing.

The same official couldn't get the red card out quick enough last week for a "nothing" challenge by Luke Robinson but in this instance Child opts for the "on-report" cop-out and Smith's assailant gets to stay on the field. This official should be at least "rested" for a couple of rounds, better still he should be removed from the roster of Superleague referees completely.

The same official last season sent McIlorum straight off for a poor challenge on Lafrancchi which resulted in a three match ban at the season's most crucial point - Lafrancchi got up immediately and completed the game - Wigan's challenge for the title was derailed completely. The whole handling of this incident by the match officials and through the disciplinary process was disgraceful, indeed corrupt in my opinion, so much so that it caused me to give up my season ticket. After last night's challenge, Smith was left seriously injured and he will probably be out for a number of weeks yet his assailant gets to stay on. Where is the consistancy?

Anyone who thinks that Cummings' departure will improve the standard of referees is going to be disappointed, nothing will change until there is a total and complete root-and-branch clear out at Red Hall. Rugby League has rarely been well-served by its administrators and officials but the present crop are the worst in living memory. The game has become a laughing stock in the hands of these self-serving clowns with standards going through the floor. Personally, I think that the pro game is in its death throes and it won't be long before the few financially viable clubs in this country are off to RU anyway.

#27 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

I see that the R.F.L.'s new rules on shoulder charges don't apply to instances where the attack is on a Wigan player - nothing ever changes does it? While ever the Hetherington gang is in charge at the R.F.L. (stands for "Rooting For Leeds")then Wigan will be subject to this kind of dreadful treatment from match officials and will win nothing.

The same official couldn't get the red card out quick enough last week for a "nothing" challenge by Luke Robinson but in this instance Child opts for the "on-report" cop-out and Smith's assailant gets to stay on the field. This official should be at least "rested" for a couple of rounds, better still he should be removed from the roster of Superleague referees completely.

The same official last season sent McIlorum straight off for a poor challenge on Lafrancchi which resulted in a three match ban at the season's most crucial point - Lafrancchi got up immediately and completed the game - Wigan's challenge for the title was derailed completely. The whole handling of this incident by the match officials and through the disciplinary process was disgraceful, indeed corrupt in my opinion, so much so that it caused me to give up my season ticket. After last night's challenge, Smith was left seriously injured and he will probably be out for a number of weeks yet his assailant gets to stay on. Where is the consistancy?

Anyone who thinks that Cummings' departure will improve the standard of referees is going to be disappointed, nothing will change until there is a total and complete root-and-branch clear out at Red Hall. Rugby League has rarely been well-served by its administrators and officials but the present crop are the worst in living memory. The game has become a laughing stock in the hands of these self-serving clowns with standards going through the floor. Personally, I think that the pro game is in its death throes and it won't be long before the few financially viable clubs in this country are off to RU anyway.

You haven't mellowed at all, have you? I'm not sure the mods will be happy with accusations of corruption. You might want to rephrase that bit.

#28 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

I wasn't too impressed with Wigan at the pre-season game or when they won at Salford in Round 1.On that performance,though,they continue to be the benchmark.( I blame that fella Graham Lowe ! He started it ! ) :mellow:

From a view point behind the sticks the Darrell Griffin challenge on Matty Smith did not appear to be a shoulder charge just slightly late after quick hands from Wigan.However there is no doubt Matty Smith was unhappy about ;it but that reaction was not shared by other Wigan players who were not slow,throughout the game,to give their opinions to the referee. 

From a scoreline perpsective the two sides are getting closer since Round 1. :) Pleased Matty Smith missed all his conversion attempts.

As was already known in January,when Dr Koukash described a Salford v Wigan encounter as 'Men against boys' Salford are starting from a nadir of almost going out of existence and we now await a decision from Red Hall on 2 matters - 14 men and a shoulder charge allegation.

Things can only get better.

Closing the huge gap between the clubs,on and off the field,has to be the target over the coming months and years.

#29 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users