TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

04/05/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Catalan Dragons - KO 5.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. Catalan Dragons (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

I thought Trinity were very good value for the win. Granted Catalans had a few injuries, but I always fancied Wakefield for this game, and I'd like to personally thank the good people at Skybet that had Trinity at 11/8 for the win.

Dean Collis was excellent, and Ben Cockayne has to be one of the best signings that Trinity have made in the Superleague era in terms of value for money.  He had no right to score a try on the right hand post, or be part of a move which put Kirmond in for his second.  He certainly puts himself about a bit.

I was pretty dissapointed with Catalans, in particular Leon Pryce who's usually on good form against Wakefield.  Yes they were missing quite a few players, but the way Wakefield executed their game plan didn't give them a prayer.  

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#22 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

Tim Smith was The Wizard tonight, his no look pass the Cockayne was outstanding and he repeated it again a few minutes later only for the try to be bombed.

Dean Collis is absolute class and has asked the club to extend his contract because he loves it at Wakefield.

Great to see Annakin and Wood playing so well as they're Wakefield Accademy products

#23 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Great to see Annakin and Wood playing so well as they're Wakefield Accademy products

Annakin has stepped into first team football this year like he was born to play it.  I think you're right to pick out Wood too, I thought that was his best game in a Trinity shirt tonight, he provided an excellent alternative kicking option and we his ball play was smart too.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#24 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Didn't Kyle Wood come from the Giants to Wakey?

#25 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Time for a clear out of the Aussies at Catalans, I cannot believe for 1 moment there is no French player who could do a better job than Blanche and Henderson.

I think they're both good players but just need to regain their form from last year.
Posted Image

#26 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Didn't Kyle Wood come from the Giants to Wakey?

Came through the Wakefield Academy, went to lower leagues joined Hudds came back to a proper club in Wakefield

#27 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

I was pretty dissapointed with Catalans, in particular Leon Pryce who's usually on good form against Wakefield.  Yes they were missing quite a few players, but the way Wakefield executed their game plan didn't give them a prayer.  

I can sympathise with the Dragons.  They have some of their best players out and that can really muck up a team, especially when the replacements are new to the elite league, as some of the Dragons' replacements were.  All good experience for them but unless the senior players stand up, things could be a real struggle for the Dragons over the next few weeks, which is a shame as they were doing well. 

As for Leon Pryce, I know from much experience that he invariably goes missing when effort is required.  He prefers to ride on the wave of a potential win rather than work hard to create the wave in the first place.  He's always been the same.

Edited by Saintslass, 05 May 2013 - 08:10 PM.

#28 Forever Trinity

Forever Trinity
  • Coach
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

Well played Trin totally dominated a big pack and it looks like we have another big lad on the way to the team from Paramatta if internet rumours are right, Justin Poore showed his class leading the pack that will get better and better.

#29 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users