RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Kingstone Press Championship - Round 13

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game are you most interested in? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game are you most interested in?

1. Swinton Lions v Whitehaven (2 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Sheffield Eagles v Dewsbury Rams (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

3. Voted Batley Bulldogs v Featherstone Rovers (12 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

4. Doncaster v Keighley Cougars (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

5. Halifax v Barrow Raiders (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

6. Workington Town v Hunslet Hawks (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

7. York City Knights v Leigh Centurions (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

good game this

#22 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Decent first half that....nice to see Smithy still going well at 9.....will always be fondly remembered at Widnes

#23 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,528 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

They'd just said that Briers hasn't had the biggest impact and bang, interception try!  :lol:

#24 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

that is the best final play I've ever seen!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#25 amh

amh
  • 11,071 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

3 passes before the hooter, 19 after then the final kick - wonderful but wish it had ended in a try for Haven

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#26 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Really enjoyed the game. Whitehaven nearly snatched the greatest try I'd have ever seen at the end. 1400 in attendance as well with a few from Cumbria and plenty from Warrington. The Swinton fans around me where very happy with the crowd - I guess Briers playing had something to do with it. Well done Swinton; a great evening out.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#27 amh

amh
  • 11,071 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

If there were 1411, half of them must have been hidden well

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#28 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Most of them were in the stand where the cameras are located so you didn't see them very often although they were filmed often enough for anyone watching the match to know they were there.  The side opposite the cameras was the fullest I've seen it when watching Thursday night games.  1,400 is a decent enough crowd for a Championship fixture, especially when the home team started the night second from bottom.  Perhaps Briers helped somewhat but I know too that Bolton Wanderers and Warrington were promoting the match along with Swinton and they offered tickets for a fiver to get people to go.  The weather will no doubt have been an extra bonus.

I really enjoyed the game and that last play from Whitehaven was epic!  22 passes and a kick, and they came very close to scoring but just missed the ball.  Amazing.

The refcam was fun too.

Edited by Saintslass, 02 May 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#29 JOHNNY83

JOHNNY83
  • Facebook
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Most of them were in the stand where the cameras are located so you didn't see them very often although they were filmed often enough for anyone watching the match to know they were there.  The side opposite the cameras was the fullest I've seen it when watching Thursday night games.  1,400 is a decent enough crowd for a Championship fixture, especially when the home team started the night second from bottom.  Perhaps Briers helped somewhat but I know too that Bolton Wanderers and Warrington were promoting the match along with Swinton and they offered tickets for a fiver to get people to go.  The weather will no doubt have been an extra bonus.

I really enjoyed the game and that last play from Whitehaven was epic!  22 passes and a kick, and they came very close to scoring but just missed the ball.  Amazing.

The refcam was fun too.

Really????? Im sure Swinton only rent one stand for fixtures at LSV????!!!!!!

#30 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

There was only one stand open but there were plenty of people in it and it made for a good atmosphere as the match was good, entertaining and competitive.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#31 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 601 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

The refcam was fun too.

The camera would have been situated in the East Stand which would not have been open. The only stand for Swinton games open is the West stand, which the camera was aimed towards.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#32 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 601 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

I think they were including people in Morrisons, Park Inn, Swimming pool etc as well. ;)
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#33 amh

amh
  • 11,071 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:24 AM

I think they were including people in Morrisons, Park Inn, Swimming pool etc as well. ;)

Perhaps it was the glare from then sun reflecting the West stand, so it looked like there was double in sunny Leigh 

#34 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,123 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

Why belittle a good crowd??

Only on rugby league

#35 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

Good game,some great tries,i am sure Warrington "A" will rise up the table when they get Morley back.

#36 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

Putting aside the questions over Briers and the crowd :rolleyes: , that was a cracking match - one of the better ones this season. Just a shame that last play didn't end in a try.

#37 amh

amh
  • 11,071 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

Crowd was 1141 - not belittling, just getting the facts right

#38 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

The crowd was good for our struggling team
The belittlers and small mindedness of people like b s are so so sad.

#39 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

So sad in fact Mr Smyth started a whole thread on the leigh forum belittling our efforts

I doubt this person has ever been taught about sportsmanship.

The rugby league family is letting itself down with clowns like this person

#40 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,123 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Belittling

Crowd was 1141 - not belittling, just getting the facts right

Factual

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users