TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh Community Foundation - Chairman's Statement

Club media release

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,718 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

I think he's right as well but the point remains Bolton is an area leigh must get into.

What do you mean by "get into"?

#22 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

I think he's right as well but the point remains bolton is an area leigh must get into,but first leigh needs to reconnect with the 100k people in the town and surrounding towns.Not an easy job now.

It would have been easier if the new stadium had been built in between Leigh, Atherton and Tyldsley, which would have also been much closer to Bolton.

Getting into Bolton means getting players to go into schools, setting up clubs, perhaps a shop in the market, an ontheroad game.....

#23 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

Getting into Bolton means getting players to go into schools, setting up clubs, perhaps a shop in the market, an ontheroad game.....

Without meaning to be rude thats dreamland stuff, your spending tens of thousands of pounds in that one sentance your club simply doesn't have with no idea what returns you'd get even if you did.

I'd suggest what resources available to Leigh would be better spent targetting the tens of thousands of people they have on there doorstep, if they can't mobilse a decent crowd out of that then they've no chance in neighbouring towns.

#24 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,718 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

It would have been easier if the new stadium had been built in between Leigh, Atherton and Tyldsley, which would have also been much closer to Bolton.

Getting into Bolton means getting players to go into schools, setting up clubs, perhaps a shop in the market, an on the road game.....

Well the very best of luck.

How you fund all this activity and how you persuade people who will very quickly realise the difference between Wigan, Salford and Leigh I don't know?

The only draw card a Leigh or a Hunslet has is that they are cheap to watch and appeal to local loyalties.

How do you get potential fans outside your area to be loyal to a championship club???

Let's have the formulae please then the whole championship can go from strength to strength.

#25 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,718 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Without meaning to be rude thats dreamland stuff.

That's rude, after all sport is all about dreams.

But if you bring them on here they are open to being questioned.

#26 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

BBC radio Manchester RL hour from LSV at 6pm

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#27 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

What do you mean by "get into"?

The club already has a community officer in the bolton area,bolton council contribute to this i think,it would be good if this could be extended.Also imo it needs to get involved with the amateur clubs like westhoughton lions ,bolton mets as well.I would also drop the leigh name when trying to promote the club outside of leigh.

#28 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

BBC radio Manchester RL hour from LSV at 6pm

They might as well give you your own show next week!   :P

#29 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

They might as well give you your own show next week!   :P

I heard one read out then lost the connection...got it back about 5 mins later (too late) What did they say?

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users