Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The George

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Not seen this elsewhere on here.

The George has been sold hopefully to reopen as a hotel. No mention of what might happen on the RL side of things.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-leeds-22351470

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

Good news that it'll survive anyway.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,038 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

There's no way that it will open again as a hotel in the foreseeable future. The smart money is on even more student accomodation - something that's really scarce in Huddersfield.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#4 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

It's my now ex dentist, who's practice has not been the best and I now go elsewhere. However my money has obviously helped him make his brass. As has been said, he has a student property development company, although it does say 4 star hotel ambitions in the paper.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#5 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

its britain today, boarded up pubs , tradition thrown to the dogs in favour of "sheriff fatmen"

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#6 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,653 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

its britain today, boarded up pubs , tradition thrown to the dogs in favour of "sheriff fatmen"

nurse, nurse,..he's doing it again!  :lol:

#7 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Indeed. In truth the real fact is that pubs/hotels have always opened up and closed down in England for as long as I can remember. New licensing laws, demographic changes and fashions in entertainment are all to blame, if indeed 'blame' is the appropriate word.

Still, another version of the 'Britain's going to the dogs' argument, is always worth throwing in to the mix...

Edited by Bulliac, 03 May 2013 - 10:00 AM.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users