Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Any good pubs

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

A coach load of Hunslet fans are coming up on Sunday to have a drink in your Town , Weatherspoons as been mentioned , but what other pubs can you recommend for food and drink , Cheers Rick............

#2 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

Bounty is decent for grub, there's a bar at the ground and station road working men's club on the way to the ground.

#3 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

Keswick it is then

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#4 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 864 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

Keswick if you have a bit of cash and stick your nose up but it's 45 mins away and isn't a rugby league place really!!

#5 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

We always go to Keswick but for some reason  were givin it a miss and going straight to worky Town centre...........

#6 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

Bounty is decent for grub, there's a bar at the ground and station road working men's club on the way to the ground.

I went to The Bounty for Sunday carvery once. Worst sunday dinner I,ve ever had, and that includes our lasses!

#7 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Its not sounding to good this town centre trip :O

#8 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 864 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

Bounty is awful unless u wanna pizza n there moderate

#9 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,000 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Waverley Hotel, good bar and good food, 5 mins walk from the ground

#10 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

Waverley Hotel, good bar and good food, 5 mins walk from the ground

It's where I'll be.
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#11 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

Station Rd club 200 yds from the ground for cheap drink. Or those of you looking for something a bit different, you could try the Steam Packet on the Quayside quite near the ground. You always get a good crack in there. It might just appeal to your Nautical tastes Blackbeard. :)

#12 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Station Rd club 200 yds from the ground for cheap drink. Or those of you looking for something a bit different, you could try the Steam Packet on the Quayside quite near the ground. You always get a good crack in there. It might just appeal to your Nautical tastes Blackbeard. :)

Oh arrrh shipmate , cheers for the info

#13 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 345 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

Always thought the drink tasted a little queer in there

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#14 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 345 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

Always thought the drink tasted a little queer in there

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#15 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Henry Bessemer is where we are heading

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#16 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Commercial Inn seems to get good reviews.

#17 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

My advice is get to Weatherspoons (Bessemer)for some cheap scran then walk straight down the road to Station Road working mens club. Only a minute from ground then.

See you all on Sunday