• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,560 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

Another idol with feet of clay.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,378 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Genuinely shocking.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#3 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,378 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

And should hopefully make those whose first reaction is to cast about looking for reasons to discredit those who've come forward STFU for a bit.

- Severus, July 2012

#4 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

I used to enjoy watching It's a Knockout but that's yet another childhood programme memory that has been sullied by a perve. Glad he has finally been caught even if he has managed to enjoy most of his life free from accountability.

#5 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

Very unexpected. Other than the number of accusations it's difficult to see what evidence could have been compelling enough for a conviction after all these years. For that reason, I was expecting all accused of these historical offences to plead not guilty. I can only guess that despite the passage of time physical evidence still exists.

LUNEW.jpg

#6 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Very unexpected. Other than the number of accusations it's difficult to see what evidence could have been compelling enough for a conviction after all these years. For that reason, I was expecting all accused of these historical offences to plead not guilty. I can only guess that despite the passage of time physical evidence still exists.

Or possibly he genuinely felt sufficient remorse to wish to save the women the trauma of court. Note, this does not exonerate his actions at all.
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#7 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

Is there anyone left?

#8 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Other offences were "left on file" and not presented for the court case. Sounds like a deal was done.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#9 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Or possibly he genuinely felt sufficient remorse to wish to save the women the trauma of court. Note, this does not exonerate his actions at all.

It's possible I guess but I think someone who commits such acts would be less selfless. I nearly added something else suggesting that he might be wanting to 'clear his conscience' before he departs this mortal coil. A more self serving motivation.

LUNEW.jpg

#10 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,060 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

So, why is he on bail?  I thought bail after a guilty plea was only usable for those who have a realistic prospect of no jail time.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#11 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Other offences were "left on file" and not presented for the court case. Sounds like a deal was done.

the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) would not be proceeding with the rape charge as the woman who made the allegation no longer wished to give evidence in light of the guilty pleas.

Edited by Shadow, 02 May 2013 - 11:32 AM.

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#12 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,378 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

So, why is he on bail?  I thought bail after a guilty plea was only usable for those who have a realistic prospect of no jail time.

Vote Ukip to end this madness.

- Severus, July 2012

#13 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

No, many people who plead guilty are given court bail for pre-sentence reports etc to be prepared. Given his age I doubt if Hall will get a custodial sentence anyway.

#14 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

It's possible I guess but I think someone who commits such acts would be less selfless. I nearly added something else suggesting that he might be wanting to 'clear his conscience' before he departs this mortal coil. A more self serving motivation.

You are probably correct but the last act he is being prosecuted over was many years ago so he may have decided to belatedly do something right. As people say, lengthy custodial sentence is unlikely anyway.
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#15 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,060 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

No, many people who plead guilty are given court bail for pre-sentence reports etc to be prepared. Given his age I doubt if Hall will get a custodial sentence anyway.

Would the judge seriously have any alternative?

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#16 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

If he's guilty he should be locked up, sod how old he is.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#17 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Would the judge seriously have any alternative?

They always have an alternative option unless the offence carries a mandatory sentence, eg life for murder etc

They have sentencing guidelines but it is at the judge's discretion as to the actual sentence passed down, they are not obliged to stick to the guidelines if they think an alternative sentence is more appropriate.

#18 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

If he's guilty he should be locked up, sod how old he is.

Yes, why bother with a trial?

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#19 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,060 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Yes, why bother with a trial?

Don't need one if he says "guilty" when asked to plea!

#20 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 520 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Many years ago Hall, went into the travel business, he was going to  call it STUART  Hall  International Travel

Well hes really in it now.

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users