TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Membership

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Gregory

Gregory
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Does anyone know how many members the Hornets currently have? Just interested to know

#2 SPOTLANDHORNET

SPOTLANDHORNET
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Spread betting I'd go for 45-65

#3 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

My bet would be 100+ Hornets have a 'hard core' of genuine supporters, and many of them believe that membership helps.
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#4 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 806 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

It's considerably more than that, but you have to be a member to find out.Ha Ha!!

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#5 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

Poor for a Semi Pro Club !
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#6 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Poor for a Semi Pro Club !

Compared to which other semi pro club?

Which has more/less/the same?
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#7 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Well considering that an Amateur Club in Town has a hell of a lot more without its Youth set up I would say it was Poor !
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#8 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Its comercially sensitive information so it will not be released to the public, just  like the date of the meeting where members were able to vote on the St Helens link and the outcome of that vote - not for public consumption.

#9 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Well considering that an Amateur Club in Town has a hell of a lot more without its Youth set up I would say it was Poor !

think you should concentrate on things at your own club than worrying about Hornets
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#10 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

We take care of that no problem ! , you want to know anything just Ask ' Boro' we are OPEN & TRANSPARENT ! , sound familiar ?

#11 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

But amateur clubs are not the same model as semi pro, which semi pro teams are you comparing Hornets with. How many members do the Roughyeds have?. How many members do Swinton have? Do Hornets have more or less and if they have more how can you say it's poor for a semi pro club?

I'll bet Oldham St Annes have more members than the Roughyeds but its not the same model and I'll bet Crossfields have more than Swinton but you get the picture, though you'll no doubt claim you don't.

Edited by PooingDog, 04 May 2013 - 09:14 PM.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

#12 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

We take care of that no problem ! , you want to know anything just Ask ' Boro' we are OPEN & TRANSPARENT ! , sound familiar ?

but I don't want to know anything about your club I have no interest and not a member i might very occasinally watch one of your matches like i do other local community clubs but i also dont slag of your club or commitee as i know they work hard to keep the club going , there is room for all RL clubs at all levals within the town and i wish them all success.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#13 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

The concept of the membership scheme is a good one, where it falls down at Hornets is that apart from parting with cash, your never allowed input on the strategic direction of the club.

#14 Gregory

Gregory
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

I've just been looking at the Gateshead Thunder website and they offered their supporters an incredible deal at the start of the season: For £100 (adults) or £70 (concessions) you got a season ticket, team shirt and for the first fifty applicants, a ticket to the Challenge Cup Final! It's amazing that they can afford to do this, but what a fantastic way to encourage support and generate revenue before the start of the season. Surely something like this would be preferable for the Hornets than the current membership scheme. Can supporters really be expected to pay up to £500 for this and, from what I've been reading on here, have relatively little input into how the club is run?

Well done to Thunder on their win yesterday by the way.

Edited by Gregory, 06 May 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#15 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

The Gateshead Thunder concept was so good that a massive 161 turned up at Blaydon yesterday.

And yes, very well done to the Thunder and their loyal band of followers. Its been a long time between drinks

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#16 Gregory

Gregory
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

Perhaps such an initiative would work better in a more traditional Rugby League town such as Rochdale. Selling a large number of season tickets surely has to be the key to success on the field: more money before the season starts means a greater player budget. Hopefully Thunder's attendances will improve when they get back to the International stadium. On the positive side, Hornets' attendance against North Wales Crusaders yesterday was the highest of the season so far in Championship One.

#17 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

So have we got a figure?

#18 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

So have we got a figure?

Yes
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

#19 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

I presume that it's not in anyone's interest to know.

#20 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

I presume that it's not in anyone's interest to know.

Have you not seen the thread devoted to people who have questions for the club? It details how to find the answers you seek instead of keep asking on here.

I hope this helps.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users