Team of the year so far.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

Nearly half through the season so what would your team of the season so far be?

I'll go:

Brett Kearney
Tom Lineham
Joe Wardle
Ben Crooks
Keiron Dixon
Jarrud Sammut
Danny Brough
Jamie Peacock
Paul Aiton
Alex Walmsley
Sia Soliola
Liam Farrell
Jason Baitieri

What does everyone else think?

Edited by barrowraiderskid, 02 May 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#2 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Tomkins
Monoghan
Lineham
Moon
Hall
Brough
Myler
Crabtree
Lunt
Peacock
Soliola
Farrell
Ferres (I know he's a 2nd rower but these days it's almost the same thing and he's better than the other options at 13 this year so far)

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#3 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Tomkins
Lynham
Collis
Moon
Cockayne
Green
Brough
Crabtree
Lunt
Crosby
Farrell
Soliola
O'Loughlin

#4 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

hanbury is garbage and doesn't deserve to be in anyones team.........................lol
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#5 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

hanbury is garbage and doesn't deserve to be in anyones team.........................lol

Where would you play him on current form?

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#6 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

Do you ever post anything constructive? At least give your reasons for why you think he is a better full back than Tomkins and Kearney on this season's form so we can discuss them. How can you expect someone to reply to that? I considered Hanbury but chose Kearney ahead of him and would also put Tomkins ahead of him. I'd have Hanbury third choice if that matters to you.

#7 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

it is a joke old lad, have you had a humour bypass,

the less people raving about rhys means we have a better chance of keeping hold of him!!
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#8 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

how on earth can everyone leave out cory paterson? the guy has been a revelation this season and is streets ahead of soliola.

#9 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Patterson's been good but Soliola has been great in a poor team. Not much in them though.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Second row berths are between Paterson, Soliola, Farrell and Ferres. But not necessarily in that order.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,595 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

Keiron Dixon?  Oh deary me, possibly the worst defender in the league.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#12 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,733 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Nearly half through the season so what would your team of the season so far be?

I'll go:

Brett Kearney
Tom Lineham
Joe Wardle
Ben Crooks
Keiron Dixon
Jarrud Sammut
Danny Brough
Jamie Peacock
Paul Aiton
Alex Walmsley
Sia Soliola
Liam Farrell
Jason Baitieri

What does everyone else think?

I think this is the problem with picking a team based on 'form' - which is all people ask for when it comes to Internationals.

Give me this team:

Tomkins

Monaghan

Watkins

Atkins

Hall

Sinfield

Myler

Griffin

Monaghan

Crabtree

Hock

Grix

O'Loughlin

over your team any day. No apologies for any Wire bias, it's the team I have seen most this year. This isn;t my form team selection.

Edited by Dave T, 03 May 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#13 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Tomkins
Hall
Watkins
Moon
Charnley
Sinny
Brough
Peacock
McIllorum
Perry
Faz
Patterson
Soliola
Off the top of my head, but v conscious I have seen far too little of most teams (inc Wire, have they been on TV less than usual?).

#14 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

I think this is the problem with picking a team based on 'form' - which is all people ask for when it comes to Internationals.

Give me this team:

Tomkins
Monaghan
Watkins
Atkins
Hall
Sinfield
Myler
Griffin
Monaghan
Crabtree
Hock
Grix
O'Loughlin

over your team any day. No apologies for any Wire bias, it's the team I have seen most this year. This isn;t my form team selection.

Oh I agree your side would beat mine. But team of the season should be based on the form from that season. Form for one season doesn't decide how good a player is. Internationals should be chosen on form over the last 1 - 3 years IMO, not 13 games like my side has.

If I was picking my strongest SL side I'd go;

Tomkins
Hall
Watkins
Hardaker
Monaghan
Briers
Brough
Crabtree
Roby
Mossop
Westwood
Hock
Ellis

Would that side deserve to be in the team of the season at the half way stage? Probably not, do most of those players warrant international selection, yes.

#15 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Keiron Dixon? Oh deary me, possibly the worst defender in the league.

I remember the cognoscenti saying the same about a certain M Offiah...
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#16 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,595 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

I remember the cognoscenti saying the same about a certain M Offiah...

If he had the same kind of class that Martin Offiah had then I think I'd find room to forgive him.  Offiah was a phenomenon with the football, he was incredible.  Is there an outside back that is so poor at positional play in defence as Dixon?

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#17 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

If he had the same kind of class that Martin Offiah had then I think I'd find room to forgive him.  Offiah was a phenomenon with the football, he was incredible.  Is there an outside back that is so poor at positional play in defence as Dixon?

There was a rumour thread a couple of weeks back on Southstander that Leeds were interested in him. This didn't go down too well. I can't actually remember any Leeds fan saying they would want him. It was also in the lead up to a Leeds/London game and after the rest saw Dixon's 1 on 1 efforts against Kallum Watkins I cant imagine any Leeds fan would ever like to see him wear the Blue and Amber. It's not just his lack of defensive ability, he is tiny! Any average winger with a bit of size to them will run over the top of him. Brown at Hull KR springs to mind.

Yes, he has speed, but he isnt even as good as Penny from what I have seen and look what happened to him. There is no room for any player who can't defend in SL these days. They get found out and dont last very long.

#18 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

If he had the same kind of class that Martin Offiah had then I think I'd find room to forgive him. Offiah was a phenomenon with the football, he was incredible. Is there an outside back that is so poor at positional play in defence as Dixon?

Exactly the same mould as Kev Penny. Needs working with closely to fulfil potential

#19 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

I think it is a bit of a myth that Cory Paterson is an amazing player having an amazing season, apart from a couple of games he hasn't done much at all. 

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#20 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Patterson's been good but Soliola has been great in a poor team. Not much in them though.

Yeah, I mean Hull KR are really playing fantastically this season aren't they? Sorry about the sarcasm but you did ask for it.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users