TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Swinton v Haven

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Crowd was given as 1400 :O  Where were they all hiding ? It looked like there were 200 max. Cox bleating on about haven getting " the hated bonus point " Why does he hate it so much I wonder !!!

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

That was a game they should have won . Swinton are very average , and that's with Warrington giving them all that help. Bit worrying for them . Nice headgear by Georgie mind , looked right out of Seal Team Six .

Edited by DavidM, 02 May 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

It was easy to see how Swinton beat Hunslet 44 - 40 as they like to be in possession of the ball and run with it but they also don't like defending so well either.    There was some very easy tries on both sides tonight.    The last 22 pass movement deserved a try but why did they kick it?    I would have kept it going to the right.    I thought Briers made a couple of bad decisions going for the drop goal on about 2nd or 3rd tackle instead of pushing for a try first.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Crowd was given as 1400 :O  Where were they all hiding ? It looked like there were 200 max.

There are 22 executive boxes at lsv holding up to 20 each. They sold most with a meal and gave 1 away I believe.

Still no evidence that DR is driving the fans away. It is more likely money constraints, bad marketing and other attractions.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#5 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

Just had a look on deluded.com and there are actually a couple of the numpties saying they are sick of Cox`s commentating because....and I can barely type this while laughing so much....because....oh god its difficult....they are sick of how biased he is against them....... :lol:

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Oh please , don't !!!!!

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Just had a look on deluded.com and there are actually a couple of the numpties saying they are sick of Cox`s commentating because....and I can barely type this while laughing so much....because....oh god its difficult....they are sick of how biased he is against them....... :lol:

You can always tell how Haven are doing in a match without knowing the score by Cox's comments!!    He starts to run the players down when they are losing but is usually very calm when they are winning.    He isn't biased either way because Radio Cumbria say so if you ask them.   :D

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

Absolutely spot on . Put the radio on , hear his tone and you know if they're winning or losing in seconds !

Edited by DavidM, 03 May 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#9 Dearham Lass

Dearham Lass
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Well, I turned off his commentary in the first few minutes when he couldn't tell Briers from Rooney!

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

Shocked we didn't get the ' he' s not a patch on Rooney ' line . I stuck with the telly comms . Dave Woods is top notch , Sky should grab him , put him with Rod Studd and Carney and drop all the rest , they're past their sell by date or are unneeded hangers on

#11 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Shocked we didn't get the ' he' s not a patch on Rooney ' line . I stuck with the telly comms . Dave Woods is top notch , Sky should grab him , put him with Rod Studd and Carney and drop all the rest , they're past their sell by date or are unneeded hangers on

Spot on.

#12 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Yes Mr Cox is every bit as "Special" as the numpties on Deludedfans.com. Biased against haven !!! Oh my word !!!! Why would you hate the bonus point Mr Cox ? without it, your team would have come away with nothing, and that would have been a travesty. (I'm going soft !) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users