TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Whitehaven match

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Great game and a big relief to get a win. I've seen matches before that have been in the balance up to the final hooter, but never one that was still in the balance 2 minutes AFTER the final hooter!

#22 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

It could have continued the Whitehaven player panicked and kicked when they had numbers on the right!

#23 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

They'd tried moving it a number of times, the defence held firm! Top work from Martin Ainscough to knock it dead right at the death.

#24 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Ainscough had some of his friends in the crowd
They were singing
Hes blonde
Hes fast
He also teaches maths
Ainscough Ainscough

Ha ha

Top top player.

#25 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Just lacks pace to be a truly top class player in my opinion.

#26 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

They used to say that about Tommy Frodsham
He'll do for us ...

#27 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

i think without briers we would of won the game pretty easy but thats dr for you

Proof why Haven fans are called deluded!!!

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#28 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Great to see Gary Chambers looking very smart in his pristine white Lions polo shirt with his bald head especially polished working with his team of coaches at pitch side.  Was this prompted by a couple of posts on another topic on this very forum or more likely a bid for television stardom?!  Well done to him and all the coaching team let's hope it's the first step on a sustained climb to safety in this division.       

#29 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

TIM !

LINESMAN !!!

Wash your mouth out we have Touch Judges in RL. They hate being called Linesmen. They are for the fairies game :-)

Riggy

Spot on Riggy! A 'linesman' is the man-with-the-flag in association football (soccer) or "ref's assistant" as the PC brigade would have it.

In the game of rugby football (union and league) the term is 'touch judge' - and always has been.

#30 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

...but never one that was still in the balance 2 minutes AFTER the final hooter!

So very true Steve, it was a nailbiter AFTER the hooter.

#31 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

Just lacks pace to be a truly top class player in my opinion.

Agree. He's got lots of footballing skills but just lacks that bit of pace which makes all the difference.

#32 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

Is it only me that thinks his defense needs some work?
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#33 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

He may be a bit lightweight when up against some of the big powerful centres that are favoured by many teams these days but he's worth a place in the side no doubt.

#34 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

As I have said before - for me Ainscough should be starting every game at stand off ..............

#35 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Spot on Riggy! A 'linesman' is the man-with-the-flag in association football (soccer) or "ref's assistant" as the PC brigade would have it.

In the game of rugby football (union and league) the term is 'touch judge' - and always has been.

Doesn't really matter to me they are all blind and useless .

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#36 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Got to agree agree (other than the use of the word defense rather than defence! ;) )

Early in the season we seemed to have solved most of the prior defensive issues. We looked good under the high ball, solid tackling and even seemed to have a "tactic" of holding up the opposition over the line. That said, we looked flat in attack throughout and other than Keighley were not winning games like that.

In more recent games we have looked to be more expansive in attack and the defence seems to have crumbled back to where I never fancy our chances of defending two sets of six. In these circumstances penalties kill us everytime.

Just wait until we have Josh Barlow and Dale Cunniffe in the team!!! :O

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#37 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

Thought Barlow had a good game and managed to be much more disciplined than I've seen him before. Always gives good applause and acknowledges the fans when being subbed or coming off at the end....simple things like that can make a big difference to supporters.

#38 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

Just wait until we have Josh Barlow and Dale Cunniffe in the team!!! :O

A penalty competition:  ;)  but on a serious note it will be great having Dale back in the side. All we need now is Morty and Morrison! 

I also think Ainscough should be at stand-off, I wouldnt go as far as to say hes wasted at centre as he still does a great job IMO but something I think weve missed in recent games is his passing ability in the middle of the park.

Edited by Furryenzo, 05 May 2013 - 08:00 AM.

Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#39 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Well after this weekends results, it seems we only move down one spot (below Worky) into 8th place. The result on Thursday just got even better!...now to win at Batley.

#40 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Well after this weekends results, it seems we only move down one spot (below Worky) into 8th place. The result on Thursday just got even better!...now to win at Batley.

Yes, but we have a run of hard games approaching and Doncaster's win means we are only 3 points off the bottom with a poor points difference. It remains extremely tight at the bottom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users