Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Super League 2 leagues of 12

• Please log in to reply
561 replies to this topic

#561 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,863 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

I would never dream of forcing clubs into SL and if a club did not want it, I have no problem with that.  But I do think that the system is helpful in that it allows those who want to, to give it a go and if it does not work the drop does not have to be financial suicide.  It just feels like a system that allows clubs to play at the level they are comfortable with without arbitrarily putting a barrier in place.

That's fine, but Superleague is what keeps the game alive and is the only vehicle we have to take the game forward, worrying about clubs that may want to give it a go, and if it doesn't work, worry about their finances is very insular and inward looking.

The very survival of the game as a serious mainstream sport depends on concentrating on developing the product that sells. Like Warrington.v.Hull tonight.

And it ain't about managing failure......IMHO of course....

#562 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,585 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

By the way, if you can explain it and make it sound, I'll believe you.

Bump!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users