Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Question

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

would any offer for the whitehaven v barrow game encourage more barrow fans to make the trip

#2 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

Yes.

#3 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Even if they had to purchased before the game as a resold ticket

#4 Dibble

Dibble
  • Coach
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Even if they had to purchased before the game as a resold ticket

Can you repeat that in English?
Posted Image

#5 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

would any offer for the whitehaven v barrow game encourage more barrow fans to make the trip

Looks like they are desperate to swell the crowd.

#6 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

If you offered 3 pts & no BP for you lot i'm sure many more would travel, but we'd want it in writing ;)

#7 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Sorry that should have said presold,in other words have to buy them before the day of the game.Lots of our fans think the barrow game is ideal to put an offer on to increase both home and away fans ,unfortunately I doubt the BOD will do anything

#8 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

How about make kids a fiver for the game and give tickets to amateur clubs and schools in Whitehaven and Barrow with some sort of incentive such as a days coaching from one of the two teams to whoever reaches the highest amount of pre-sold tickets for the game?

Pro clubs nowadays think all they have to do is fix a price and open the turnstiles but there not getting there fans of the future to games and feeling an association with the club

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#9 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

Arrange some Junior games between Barrow and Haven sides before hand? I'd imagine some of the parents of the kids playing will attend.

#10 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

How about make kids a fiver for the game and give tickets to amateur clubs and schools in Whitehaven and Barrow with some sort of incentive such as a days coaching from one of the two teams to whoever reaches the highest amount of pre-sold tickets for the game?

Pro clubs nowadays think all they have to do is fix a price and open the turnstiles but there not getting there fans of the future to games and feeling an association with the club

I agree,millom Askam area would be the ideal area to try something with a few players from this area on show for both clubs

#11 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

put a train on. or play on a saturday.that roads a killer for a fan iether way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users