Mayday Gala

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Surprised nobody has posted this excellent day out...I assume all bars and food outlets are open Livo?

Can someone from Raiders expand on the day’s events?

Attached File  GalaFlyer.pdf   120.94KB   31 downloads

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#2 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Surprised nobody has posted this excellent day out...I assume all bars and food outlets are open Livo?

Can someone from Raiders expand on the day’s events?

attachicon.gifGalaFlyer.pdf

The event is not a Raiders event Mike; it is organised annually by the B&D Juniors.  There will be mini rugby gala all morning / early afternoon followed by three cup finals - U12s, U14s, U16s.

It is a really good day out.  I'd imagine the bars and food outlets will be open.

Posted Image

#3 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

yeah realise that Keith but its good PR for the club and hopefully make some money from the food outlets and bars. Also gets people through the gate where they can see the improvements who wouldntb usually turn up for a Raiders match. It is an ideal time to promote the club to the juniors ie a free game pass to the next match if accompanied by a paying adult for each player involved. Directors walking around alongside the B&D guys talking about the club. Or players available in kit to discuss the game and the Raiders to kids waiting for their game.

Just push the club in general without putting the B&D nose out of course.

Edited by soss, 03 May 2013 - 12:51 PM.

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#4 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Good post Mike, PR is always good :)

#5 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

Sorry Mike. A bit of complacency might of crept in there. I just thought it was the norm and everyone knew. The Food and Beer outlets will be open all day. Its a great day to see how the young un's play. These are are future!!!!

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#6 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

yeah looking forward to it..low fat burger and something with diet coke for me please...lol

#7 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Sorry Mike.... not serving Vodka cause it's a bank holiday. You'll have to make do with coke.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#8 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

Well shower and changed ready for the finals. Sorry I couldn't make it this morning but I was a little under the weather..lol

Lovely day for it.

#9 Deep

Deep
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

What a fantastic day, the weather was kind, the rugby entertaining, catering staff were run of their feet, praise where praise is due, well done to one and all.

#10 Gaffo

Gaffo
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Well shower and changed ready for the finals. Sorry I couldn't make it this morning but I was a little under the weather..lol

Lovely day for it.

#11 Gaffo

Gaffo
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

Did you have a good day then mike ?

#12 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

great day out..the rugby was great and it was fantastic to see so many there. the level of skills was very impressive and I thought the dicipline instilled into the teams was fantastic. The refs were great with very little for the crowd to complain about. All in all a fantastic day of entertainment; I even found a passion for tea again...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users