Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bank Holiday Weekend thread

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

I have absolutely no plans for what I'll be doing. But, seeing as the weather looks mighty fine for most of the country, what are we all up to?

Travelling home after two weeks working away.

Then sleep.

Then Fartown v Wire

Then a day with the little one. She doesn't know it yet, but in an idle moment in the hotel I invented ladybird biscuits. We need to make some of those. She loves ladybirds, she loves biscuits, she really loves making a terrible mess in the kitchen. I can see no flaws whatsoever in my plan.

That's me.  I'm done.

#22 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

I have absolutely no plans for what I'll be doing. But, seeing as the weather looks mighty fine for most of the country, what are we all up to? I might mosey on down to St Pancras and walk the canal to Regent's Park, which I haven't done in a while. Quite a nice stroll unless the cyclists are out in force.

And with no bells to warn of their coming! Saturday, I'll be helping out at Sue Ryder Care on one of the stalls at the summer charity event. As for Sunday with the missus working, I may take out my grandaughter Jessica in her pram. 

visit www.raygent.co.uk for football and rugby league stories. 

#23 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,611 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

A change of plans!  Going to watch Suffolk v Nigeria Exiles play at Colchester RU this afternoon.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#24 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Started the weekend by going down to my local to hang out with a load of my DJ buddies, who were playing hip-hop, funk and soul. Spent most of the evening trying to avoid the world's most irritating drunk.

Today: Off crate digging (scouring second hand record shops) in a minute, then back to watch football this afternoon. Spend a few hours going through records and probably having a bit of a mix. Off out tonight with one of my DJ mates to a couple of events, which should be fun. Attempt not to drink too much or be out stupidly late.

Sunday: DJing with three of my friends at a legendary monthly event in Bristol called Boundary Object, which takes place in a pub in Stokes Croft. We're on from 4 until it closes (probably about 1am), so it will be a long (but fun) night.

Monday: Absolutely sweet F.A, unless the weather's good, in which case I might saunter out to the country and stretch my legs.

Tuesday: Horrendous amounts of work. Again.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#25 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,953 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

St. Judes v Waterhead today, then garden wrestling for tomorrow and Monday if the the weather holds. Throw in a bit of camera type stuff in between.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#26 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Hastings will be hosting 2 events this weekend, the annual "Jack-in-the-Green" celebrations http://www.hastingsjack.co.uk/ , and the May Day Bikers run where 20-25000 bikers descend on Hastings for an annual run out to the seaside http://www.bike1066.com/ which is a load of fun. Especially on the Monday when both events are happening at the same time
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#27 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,611 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

A change of plans!  Going to watch Suffolk v Nigeria Exiles play at Colchester RU this afternoon.

A good game of rugby (deliberately not code qualified).  The only problem the Nigeria side had was that anytime they got the ball they wanted to run over the opposition rather than around them or pass the ball to another player.  All in all, a better day than I had planned as the wife went shopping on her own!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#28 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,696 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Tomorrow I shall be off to here:  http://www.lincstrus...k/reserves/gib/

and then here: http://www.skegnesss...earch-1-5054133

#29 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

A good game of rugby (deliberately not code qualified).  The only problem the Nigeria side had was that anytime they got the ball they wanted to run over the opposition rather than around them or pass the ball to another player.  All in all, a better day than I had planned as the wife went shopping on her own!

Always a positive result, Bank Holiday or not. :O

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#30 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,996 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

My eyelids are already getting heavy. I think I might have a tidy up and catch up on a few issues of RLW I've not yet read tonight and tomorrow.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#31 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Working... though today was 12 hours of double time, so not all bad.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#32 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Saturday and Sunday spent at a rally school,where the youngest had two days of rally driving,not bad for an 11 year old.Spending today recovering after staying in the worst hotel in the world, Marton Hotel and country club,Marton,Middlesbrough.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#33 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,875 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

And with no bells to warn of their coming! Saturday, I'll be helping out at Sue Ryder Care on one of the stalls at the summer charity event. As for Sunday with the missus working, I may take out my grandaughter Jessica in her pram. 

The cyclists on the Regents Canal towpath were remarkably well-behaved yesterday, the sun was hot and it was a really nice stroll, although the area around Camden Lock was very busy, as expected.

Edited by Futtocks, 07 May 2013 - 09:37 AM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#34 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,288 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

Spent the weekend helping my daughter get her new house ready for moving in
Yesterday evening at my mothers it was quite an emotional visit and I can't think why specifically
She told some new stories about her childhood including one about the lodger robbing the gas meter
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#35 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,875 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

The cyclists on the Regents Canal towpath were remarkably well-behaved yesterday, the sun was hot and it was a really nice stroll, although the area around Camden Lock was very busy, as expected.

Forgot to mention; the branch of Morrisons at Camden Lock sells League Express!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#36 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,996 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

Yeah, I didn't tidy up nor catch up on RLW reading.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#37 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

tested my liver to the limit, just practice for this weekends 3 night rockabilly festival in norfolk- roll on sailor jerry rum mmmmmmmmmmm

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#38 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

I've been working, selling bangers all weekend.  Today caught up with our chum Audois at Bar Felix in Carcassonne.  He is in fine fettle and we chewed the rugby league cud for an hour or so, sat next to what seemed like the whole of the Aude Australian RL contingent.

Bank holiday here tomorrow and Thursday.  I will be mostly snoozing and drinking red wine.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users