Nigel Wiskar

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,893 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

The RL journalist who didn't get that memo about talking the game down at every opportunity. A good, fun read.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Good stuff.

It's decades since i bought the mirror - I might have to give it another go. Miles better than miserable Andy Wilson.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#3 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

He writes these blogs quite regularly and they're always a good read.

#4 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,753 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Great read!

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

I like reading stuff like this. Match reports bore me tbh, especially after a TV game.

More please!

#6 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Good, positive stuff, but ... 

We haven't played Wakefield at home yet this season! Surely it should say "Castleford" rather than "Wakefield", as Catherine Tyldesley carried the match ball out to M.Allibert before last weekend's game. She was accompanied by Anthony Cotton, in case anyone wanted to know.

RL journo in "Not doing homework" shocker?

Sorry, Mr Wiskar, but it had to be said.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#7 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

Good stuff.

It's decades since i bought the mirror - I might have to give it another go. Miles better than miserable Andy Wilson.

You won't be disappointed with the Rugby League coverage you get in the mirror trust me compared to some other papers. By the same token Andy Wilson does write some good stuff at times.

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

You won't be disappointed with the Rugby League coverage you get in the mirror trust me compared to some other papers. By the same token Andy Wilson does write some good stuff at times.

True, but it's usually about cricket nowadays.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Good, positive stuff, but ... 

We haven't played Wakefield at home yet this season! Surely it should say "Castleford" rather than "Wakefield", as Catherine Tyldesley carried the match ball out to M.Allibert before last weekend's game. She was accompanied by Anthony Cotton, in case anyone wanted to know.

RL journo in "Not doing homework" shocker?

Sorry, Mr Wiskar, but it had to be said.

I really like his stuff, although I'd like to see a bit more variety.  I'm pretty bored of the "sofa sidekick" references, and the Fui Fui Moi Moi name thing being shoehorned in at least once a month.

I wish there were a few more like him, his love for the game comes through really strongly and that's really refreshing when compared to the bilge turned out by the likes of Chris Irvine.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users