Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Giro D'Italia

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Hope Wiggo goes well and Team Sky, big ask but if anyone can..

and good luck to Mark Cavendish - he hopes to win a stage

If Bradley does it, then the chat about him V Froome will carry on....no matter what Team Sky media  put out. I'm sure Bradley is behind Chris, but people like to stir the pot, especially the media looking for dirt

British Eurosport for live coverage - starting 1pm today

Edited by amh, 04 May 2013 - 12:04 PM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#2 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Hope Wiggo goes well and Team Sky, big ask but if anyone can..

and good luck to Mark Cavendish - he hopes to win a stage

If Bradley does it, then the chat about him V Froome will carry on....no matter what Team Sky media  put out. I'm sure Bradley is behind Chris, but people like to stir the pot, especially the media looking for dirt

British Eurosport for live coverage - starting 1pm today

Highlights every day on Sky Sports and Eurosport too. Going to be cycling overload for me for the next three weeks.

Good luck to Wiggins, I'm really pleased he's going all out to win the Giro. Winning the Giro and the Tour is the mark of a real champion.

Going to be fascinating when the TdF comes round, Froome is in superb form so far this season.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#3 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

Wiggins TT bike is worth more than I earn a year :(

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#4 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

There's me thinking Team Sky will say Foome is the only team leader and the aim is for him to win the TDF...then they say on their own live chat

• Re: Stuart. Right now we can't really afford to think any further ahead than the next three weeks, but Brad will be aiming to start the Tour in as good a condition as possible, that's for sure.
    by Team Sky 1:42 PM
    •  
    •  
    •  
  • default.png
    Will Brad go for the double if he wins the Giro?

#5 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,570 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Brad Wiggins is more reliable for Sky  than Chris Froome, who has got a medical condition and has never had the pressure of wearing the yellow jersey for days on end. Two things can be fairly safely guaranteed

-  both, barring injury will start the TdF

- Wiggins won't be asked to bury himself by working for Froome; the team might need him to take the reins if Froome blows up.

It's quite interesting to note that neither Edvaald Bosen Hagen, Richie Porte nor Geraint Thomas has been picked to ride the Giro; they are obviously being saved for self sacrifice duties in the TdF.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#6 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Mark Cavendish at 7/10 to win the stage with 12km to go.

I'm tempted.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#7 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

:D

#8 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

:D

#9 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

Some enjoyable harum scarum descending today with the almost inevitable associated screw ups.

#10 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,570 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

That last descent was like a Hollywood film.

#11 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

Great stuff, love my cycling now. Interesting to see Hesjedal having a couple of goes so early on. Was it a case of him being fed up with the talk being about Wiggins and Nibali and wanting to remind people who is wearing no. 1?
Fides invicta triumphat

#12 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

The roads were like an ice rink on parts of todays stage. Riders crashing all over the place. Wiggins just took a tumble and didn't look happy.
Fides invicta triumphat

#13 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

The roads were like an ice rink on parts of todays stage. Riders crashing all over the place. Wiggins just took a tumble and didn't look happy.

Well actually it all started rather well in San Salvo bright sunshine, oh and it passed work just about dinner time so we nipped out to see it pass.

Orica team stayed in our hotel spend the night watching the team prepare the bikes for the stage, great stuff

Would have loved to have been at the top of he climbs though the hills around here are Uk-esque in their gradient

I know do you just hate people who happen to be working away when a major sporting event is going on.

#14 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Well actually it all started rather well in San Salvo bright sunshine, oh and it passed work just about dinner time so we nipped out to see it pass.

Orica team stayed in our hotel spend the night watching the team prepare the bikes for the stage, great stuff

Would have loved to have been at the top of he climbs though the hills around here are Uk-esque in their gradient

I know do you just hate people who happen to be working away when a major sporting event is going on.

Lucky so and so :D. Orica Greenedge are one of my favourite teams, they seem to have a good feel to them and their youtube videos are funny as well as informative.
Fides invicta triumphat

#15 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,570 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

Time trial today. Wiggins needs to put two minutes into Nibali.

#16 faithfulbyname

faithfulbyname
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Unfortunately not to be. Think that Sky have their work cut out now to deliver Wiggins a GC victory. 

However, will be interesting to see how Astana cope with defending the Maglia Rosa rather than attacking it - which is Nibali's forte.  Plenty of fun to come when they hit the high mountains.

Will be great to see them do Galibier next Sunday - I still have nightmares from doing Galibier as part of La Marmotte last year....

#17 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,570 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

Let's hope Brad has had a good rest day. He needs to do well tomorrow to get his confidence back.

It's no surprise he got nervous and cautious on those steep descents in the wet.

http://velonews.comp...edium=whats-hot

#18 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Let's hope Brad has had a good rest day. He needs to do well tomorrow to get his confidence back.

It's no surprise he got nervous and cautious on those steep descents in the wet.

http://velonews.comp...edium=whats-hot

"The 36-year-old former Giro stage winner suffered three broken ribs, a wrist fracture, a damaged left shoulder, and bruising to his right side during the crash on Sunday...He managed to finish the stage in Florence in 177th position at the back of the peloton."

They're tough guys these pro cyclists!

LUNEW.jpg

#19 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,570 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

Today's stage of the Tour of California was absolutely brutal.

The course incorporated five hours in the mountains at temperatures in the forties. Riders were literally staggering off their bikes after they'd crossed the finish.

I think the teams  will be up in arms about the stage not being shortened because of the heat.

#20 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

Today's stage of the Tour of California was absolutely brutal.

The course incorporated five hours in the mountains at temperatures in the forties. Riders were literally staggering off their bikes after they'd crossed the finish.

I think the teams  will be up in arms about the stage not being shortened because of the heat.

Jeez, you're not kidding.

Fides invicta triumphat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users