Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Giro D'Italia

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,278 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Not looking at all good for Bradley.

:(

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#22 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

highlight of today's stage was the spectator falling down the bank when there was about 4k left of the stage. :lol:

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#23 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,127 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

highlight of today's stage was the spectator falling down the bank when there was about 4k left of the stage. :lol:

The bloke next to him certainly had a good chuckle about it.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#24 Student Ram

Student Ram
  • Coach
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

Plenty of the riders were smiling too when he fell down the hill!

Saw the finish to the California stage on Monday night. Looked beyond brutal. Hope no major damage done. Haven't seen highlights since, anyone dropped out since??

Struggle to see how Team Sky's/Wiggins generally conservative approach is going to trouble Nibali/Evans. Over this next week or so.
"Fev - It's life on the edge" LA'M Nov 06
"Ermm, I think it needs an x-ray!"

#25 stimpo-and-kat

stimpo-and-kat
  • Coach
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

Plenty of the riders were smiling too when he fell down the hill!

Saw the finish to the California stage on Monday night. Looked beyond brutal. Hope no major damage done. Haven't seen highlights since, anyone dropped out since??

Struggle to see how Team Sky's/Wiggins generally conservative approach is going to trouble Nibali/Evans. Over this next week or so.

Cant see Wiggins winning this now. With the only TT distance being 20km I dont think he can stay in touch in the climbs.

Doubt he'll win the Tour either. With Sky backing Chris Froome its dead on no chance if Wiggins tries to go it alone. Think Froome will win the Tour more than once with his climbing ability.

#26 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Cant see Wiggins winning this now. With the only TT distance being 20km I dont think he can stay in touch in the climbs.

Doubt he'll win the Tour either. With Sky backing Chris Froome its dead on no chance if Wiggins tries to go it alone. Think Froome will win the Tour more than once with his climbing ability.

It's a 20km mountain TT.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#27 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,278 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

All is not lost. apparently he's been suffering from a slight cold.

#28 amh

amh
  • 11,071 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

3 stage wins for Mark Cavendish!! 100th of his career - and a really tough weather day - bet they're all ready for a bath

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#29 amh

amh
  • 11,071 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

I wish the commentators would talk realistically about Wiggins - yes he's brilliant, and the TDF was a landmark victory - and yes, he and his team set the Giro as a target. But, ill or otherwise, it's a flippin long race, all sorts can happen, and they should not talk about it as if it's a disaster. 

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#30 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,574 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

The armchair experts are, no doubt, rushing to their computers to opine that they knew Wiggins was rubbish all along. :rolleyes:

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#31 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,127 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

3 stage wins for Mark Cavendish!! 100th of his career - and a really tough weather day - bet they're all ready for a bath

You go off to Italy for three weeks, hope to get some sun on your back and look what happens.

Very good win for Mark Cav, he's a tough little man all right.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#32 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,278 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

Bradley Wiggins has withdrawn from the race.

Come on, Rigoberto!

#33 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,127 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

Bradley Wiggins has withdrawn from the race.

Come on, Rigoberto!

That announcement shouldn't surprise anybody. Yesterday looked like sheer purgatory for him. What little morale he had left must have disappeared completely when he got up and looked out of the window.

#34 amh

amh
  • 11,071 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Another masterclass from Cav - really tough day, and to go that length at the end - 4 Stages now under his belt

#35 Student Ram

Student Ram
  • Coach
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Enjoying the Giro.

I'm watching Tour of California as well at the moment and the coverage is provided by the same French team that do TdF. I find it much easier to watch and follow that & TdF than the Giro and Veuleta based on the TV production and camera work. Appreciate it may just be me, but it does make a difference when watching.

Weather looked horrible today and significant change in course due to weather!
"Fev - It's life on the edge" LA'M Nov 06
"Ermm, I think it needs an x-ray!"

#36 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,645 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Cavendish wins the final stage and wins the points jersey. Rigoberto Uran came second for Sky but what a Giro by Nabili. The uphill time trial was incredible. Bring on the Tour.
Fides invicta triumphat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users