RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Results 04/05/13

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#41 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Bruce they haven't been at the Club for over 3 years !

My apologies, I said a few years must have been more, it's my age. Either way they were a discarce, just my opinion!

#42 standooffhalf

standooffhalf
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

As I saw it mayfields number 6 threw the 1st punch and then players from both teams got involved which is unacceptable. A spectator did enter the field and seemed angry about something but did not get involved in any fighting and was ushered off quickly. I've seen a lot worse and if ref would have sent off who he thought instigators were game could have carried on

i heard the same thing but heard warriors num 6 was also involved so yes i think its some thing that will be dealt with by mr waite probly heavy fines for both teams and players who if any were sent off banned and same for the fan who run on the pitch good debate just hope it does not happen again this season at any other games we dont need it in our game !!!

#43 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

i heard the same thing but heard warriors num 6 was also involved so yes i think its some thing that will be dealt with by mr waite probly heavy fines for both teams and players who if any were sent off banned and same for the fan who run on the pitch good debate just hope it does not happen again this season at any other games we dont need it in our game !!!

Here here.

Don't think anyone got sent off though

Can they be cited after the event?

#44 standooffhalf

standooffhalf
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Here here.

Don't think anyone got sent off though

Can they be cited after the event?

i think so with video evidence 

#45 too strong

too strong
  • Coach
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

So we should take responsibility for Spectators and Sin Binned Players entering the Pitch ? And a Brawl we never started ? .

Ha ha a brawl you never started??

I watched the mayfield 6 and 3 beat a 16 year old winger up, and then the 3 ko his own player, and yes the mayfield bench and coaching staff was straight over getting involved, the spectator entering the field was the 16 year old wingers father trying unsuccessfully to reach his son who was getting set about by the mayfield players.

To be fair to both teams it could have been played on and certain players sent off, but the ref was a bit dramatic in abandoning the game

#46 Artful Dogger

Artful Dogger
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

at the game to day and wondering if the referee was worth his fee surely a couple ov cards yellow/red would of sorted it???

#47 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

Who was the referee out of interest? A few years ago my team had an abandonment at Hunslet, yet not one player had been sin binned or sent off. It was a young referee, officiating in the NCL for the first time. There was a brawl and the lad panicked, but to his credit he went on to higher standards. He was referee at Wigan .v. Leigh in the Challenge cup recently.

#48 Dessie O'Hare

Dessie O'Hare
  • Coach
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

Who was the referee out of interest?

Paul Stockman, selby society
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

#49 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

at the game to day and wondering if the referee was worth his fee surely a couple ov cards yellow/red would of sorted it???

Both teams should be disciplined, end of. That not coached by the respective coaches??

#50 Ryan hair

Ryan hair
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

Who was the ref?

#51 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 705 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

Paul Stockman, selby society

A very experienced ref who I doubt panicked

If spectators & coaching staff & sin binned players enter the field to what sounds like a mass brawl there are v few options left & a couple of cards probably wouldn't have sorted it

#52 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

It is amazing how many situations end up as being the ref's fault. He made a judgement which is what referees do every time they take the field, get over it.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#53 standooffhalf

standooffhalf
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

Ha ha a brawl you never started??

I watched the mayfield 6 and 3 beat a 16 year old winger up, and then the 3 ko his own player, and yes the mayfield bench and coaching staff was straight over getting involved, the spectator entering the field was the 16 year old wingers father trying unsuccessfully to reach his son who was getting set about by the mayfield players.

To be fair to both teams it could have been played on and certain players sent off, but the ref was a bit dramatic in abandoning the game

i wonder if the 16 year old was playing in super leauge  and a brawl started out his dad would jump on the pitch ??? dont play 16 year olds if this is what is going to happen its a mans game and if hunslet want to put kids on well thats there problem it still does not excuse people running on the pitch ? 

#54 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

It is amazing how many situations end up as being the ref's fault. He made a judgement which is what referees do every time they take the field, get over it.

It's not as simple as that though because those judgements affect the reputations of clubs and players and now stockman will have to justify his judgement. In a match report in which he can write anything he wants and its taken as gospel

#55 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

i wonder if the 16 year old was playing in super leauge and a brawl started out his dad would jump on the pitch ??? dont play 16 year olds if this is what is going to happen its a mans game and if hunslet want to put kids on well thats there problem it still does not excuse people running on the pitch ?

Correct. But it is hard to stop if they are going to do it.

#56 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

Just want to point out that I simply asked who the ref was and in no way was I trying to implicate him for what happened at Hunslet. Paul Stockman is a very experienced referee so I don't expect he would have taken the decision to abandon the game lightly.

#57 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

It's not as simple as that though because those judgements affect the reputations of clubs and players and now stockman will have to justify his judgement. In a match report in which he can write anything he wants and its taken as gospel

OK, you don't like referees and you must be annoyed that you need them.  You use the phrase 'reputations of clubs and players' are these not gained by the attitude of clubs and players rather than referees?  If a referee has to make a report he will do it honestly and will be reporting what happened rather than justifying his actions, there is nothing to be gained by doing otherwise. If you think differently then you think referees cheat, you should shouldn't be watching sport, you should be staying at home and shouting at the TV.

Edited by once a ref always a ref, 05 May 2013 - 10:36 AM.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#58 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

OK, you don't like referees and you must be annoyed that you need them. You use the phrase 'reputations of clubs and players' are these not gained by the attitude of clubs and players rather than referees? If a referee has to make a report he will do it honestly and will be reporting what happened rather than justifying his actions, there is nothing to be gained by doing otherwise. If you think differently then you think referees cheat, you should shouldn't be watching sport, you should be staying at home and shouting at the TV.

Your assuming a lot of things about me there ref. Stop getting so angry I just made a judgement get over it

#59 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

i wonder if the 16 year old was playing in super leauge  and a brawl started out his dad would jump on the pitch ??? dont play 16 year olds if this is what is going to happen its a mans game and if hunslet want to put kids on well thats there problem it still does not excuse people running on the pitch ?

Here we go again with some idiot comparing amateur rugby to Super League. I used to coach an under 14s team and it can be a nightmare trying to control parents. It would be good if we had stewards and security like they do at SL but we don't and amateur clubs work hard to make their grounds a safe place for players and spectators alike.

As for not playing 16 year olds what do you suggest, do you say you can only play first team rugby if you're over 18 built like a brick sh**house and can fight. Or do you say you're only 16 but have played rugby since you were a kid, never miss training and are good enough to be in the first team so I'm not going to deny you that just because of your age. What about the young TJ are we going to say they have to be over 16 too ? Where do you stop ?

I was at this game yesterday and neither Warriors or Mayfield did themselves any favours. Mayfield players instigated the trouble but the young Hunslet kid you're talking about certainly seemed to give as much as he got so I wouldn't be unduly worried about him. Mayfields tall lad the number 6 had been itching for it throughout the game and Warriors number 6 was just as bad. Warriors officials could have done nothing to stop the lads father running on, I talk from experience when I say you have to have eyes in the back of your head, he was only on for a minute and didn't touch anyone from what I could see,
but once a spectator enters the field of play, the ref has little option than to abandon the game. It was a shame because it had been a good game up until then with Warriors I thought the far better team.

#60 labsy

labsy
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Anyway, back :rolleyes: to the original topic, any other match reports

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users