Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Results 04/05/13

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#61 standooffhalf

standooffhalf
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

Here we go again with some idiot comparing amateur rugby to Super League. I used to coach an under 14s team and it can be a nightmare trying to control parents. It would be good if we had stewards and security like they do at SL but we don't and amateur clubs work hard to make their grounds a safe place for players and spectators alike.

As for not playing 16 year olds what do you suggest, do you say you can only play first team rugby if you're over 18 built like a brick sh**house and can fight. Or do you say you're only 16 but have played rugby since you were a kid, never miss training and are good enough to be in the first team so I'm not going to deny you that just because of your age. What about the young TJ are we going to say they have to be over 16 too ? Where do you stop ?

I was at this game yesterday and neither Warriors or Mayfield did themselves any favours. Mayfield players instigated the trouble but the young Hunslet kid you're talking about certainly seemed to give as much as he got so I wouldn't be unduly worried about him. Mayfields tall lad the number 6 had been itching for it throughout the game and Warriors number 6 was just as bad. Warriors officials could have done nothing to stop the lads father running on, I talk from experience when I say you have to have eyes in the back of your head, he was only on for a minute and didn't touch anyone from what I could see,
but once a spectator enters the field of play, the ref has little option than to abandon the game. It was a shame because it had been a good game up until then with Warriors I thought the far better team.

firstly iam not an idiot ???????? and iam sure mr lowes will deal with it in the proper way and if iam not mistaken didnt this happen a few years ago at hunslet against the same team ?oh yes it did and it was not hunslets fault it was the ref again ? iam sure they got booted out of the leauge for some thing same as this ? can you remember this or again was this the refs fault ? iam not here to argue or get called names iam here to give my views and if you dont like my views dont come on the site have a great day tally ho my friend !!! 

#62 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 432 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Anyway, back :rolleyes: to the original topic, any other match reports

No, no . Keep it on the warriors,

I'm enjoying this

#63 dobber

dobber
  • Coach
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

It's not as simple as that though because those judgements affect the reputations of clubs and players and now stockman will have to justify his judgement. In a match report in which he can write anything he wants and its taken as gospel

Its like a Long playing record from Hunslet Warriers, Queens & Fryston it's the refs fault, anybody's but ours.

#64 too strong

too strong
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

Its like a Long playing record from Hunslet Warriers, Queens & Fryston it's the refs fault, anybody's but ours.

How can you compare them other teams to the Hunslet warriors??

Since re joining the ncl they have had a brilliant above average discipline record for the past 3 years, which I bet is better than mayfields.

Also lets not forget the warriors were easily winning the match so why would they just start a mass brawl??

Mayfield left the warriors straight away and was laughing that they got the match abandoned instead of losing the game.

Edited by too strong, 05 May 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#65 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

I reckon in situations like this we are better off just keeping our mouths shut, and just let the powers be

sort it out after looking at the referees report, It can make matters worse sometimes, for both clubs.

Edited by hairywombat, 05 May 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#66 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

i wonder if the 16 year old was playing in super leauge  and a brawl started out his dad would jump on the pitch ??? dont play 16 year olds if this is what is going to happen its a mans game and if hunslet want to put kids on well thats there problem it still does not excuse people running on the pitch ? 

IMO you are wrong, if a 16 year-old is good enough and can physically play at that standard he should be allowed to play, being involved in fighting is a completely different kettle of fish completely, if it wasn't I'd fancy my chances at playing again 14 years after my last game.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#67 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

Leigh Miners 18 v 36 West Hull

Leigh Miners suffered their first home defeat of the season yesterday afternoon after being well beaten 36-18 by a well drilled more enthusiastic West Hull side to leave Miners just above the bottom three in eleventh and Wests in tenth after yesterday's victory. It was the home side who started the brighter of the two sides and were in front after only a few minutes when Scott O'Brien's cross field kick was plucked out of the air by Jonny Youds who sent winger Andrew Hodson over in the corner to give the score 4-0. West Hull replied with a converted try before Miners scored a second try which was a carbon copy of the first with O'Brien's cross field kick again finding Jonny Youds who dived over to score, Youds scored his second try of the game soon after but like the other two Miners tries it was scored wide on the left and Youds was unable to convert and the score stayed at 12-6. The visitors scored their second try in the left corner to get them within two points at 12-10 with just over twenty minutes played and just before the break they retook the lead going through some poor Miners defending to score at the side of the posts, the kick surprisingly going wide to give the half time score 14-12 in Wests favour.

West Hull increased their lead a few minutes into the second half with their fourth try of the game and when their prop went straight through a huge gap from a tap penalty to score their fifth on fifty five minutes Wests were in control leading 24-12. With ball in hand Miners attack was poor and was nowhere near creative enough to cause a confident West Hull side any problems, Wests added two further tries to increase their lead to twenty four points leading 36-12 before Scott O'Brien scored a late consolation try for Miners, Youds adding the extras to give the final score 36-18 and leave Miners with a lot of work to do in both attack and defence.

Next week Miners are at home to Ince Rose Bridge in the Conference Challenge Trophy.

Miners team - Jimmy Muir,Andrew Hodson, Sean McDonald, Jonny Youds, Ryan Monaghan, Steven Marsh, Scott O'Brien, Danny Jackson, Tom Farrimond, Darryl Kay, Adam Thomason, Liam Coleman, Todd Appleby SUBS = Joe Harrison, Danny Jones, Luke Murfin, Semisi Cocker

Miners MOM -Tom Farrimond

#68 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

firstly iam not an idiot ???????? and iam sure mr lowes will deal with it in the proper way and if iam not mistaken didnt this happen a few years ago at hunslet against the same team ?oh yes it did and it was not hunslets fault it was the ref again ? iam sure they got booted out of the leauge for some thing same as this ? can you remember this or again was this the refs fault ? iam not here to argue or get called names iam here to give my views and if you dont like my views dont come on the site have a great day tally ho my friend !!! 

Had a great day my friend thank you. My oh my you don't like anyone else but you to have an opinion do you, sorry for calling you an idiot maybe it would have been better had I said it was idiotic to compare Super League with the amateur game. It was also idiotic to say 16 year olds shouldn't play and it was certainly idiotic to indicate that I in any way blamed the referee - infact my posting says the exact opposite and states that the ref had no option but to abandon the game. Reading your bitter comments, I would say your big problem with me was the fact that I said Warriors were the better team on the day, backed up by the score at the time the game was stopped, but if you were there and think otherwise then you're more than entitled to your opinion. It's a great shame you have an obvious hatred of Hunslet Warriors and an even greater shame that you feel a need to drag up the past to malign a club who have worked hard to produce a first class amateur rugby league team. Like you I am sure that the incident will be dealt with in the proper way and as I know that the NCL disciplinary will be fair and unbiased (unlike you) both sides will no doubt pay the price.

#69 standooffhalf

standooffhalf
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

Had a great day my friend thank you. My oh my you don't like anyone else but you to have an opinion do you, sorry for calling you an idiot maybe it would have been better had I said it was idiotic to compare Super League with the amateur game. It was also idiotic to say 16 year olds shouldn't play and it was certainly idiotic to indicate that I in any way blamed the referee - infact my posting says the exact opposite and states that the ref had no option but to abandon the game. Reading your bitter comments, I would say your big problem with me was the fact that I said Warriors were the better team on the day, backed up by the score at the time the game was stopped, but if you were there and think otherwise then you're more than entitled to your opinion. It's a great shame you have an obvious hatred of Hunslet Warriors and an even greater shame that you feel a need to drag up the past to malign a club who have worked hard to produce a first class amateur rugby league team. Like you I am sure that the incident will be dealt with in the proper way and as I know that the NCL disciplinary will be fair and unbiased (unlike you) both sides will no doubt pay the price.

its obvious you have not read my comments proply ????? go back and read them infact i was sticking up for warriors and if again iam not mistaken didnt you have a problem at oldham in the challenge cup ? thats was a couple of years ago and i was at that game and your fans were a discrace on that day not all but a good few and i belive the police got involved i dont hate warriors at all but some of your comments dont add up to what ive said anyway bored of this now good luck at the hearing hope you dont get booted out of leauge  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D tally ho 

Edited by standooffhalf, 05 May 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#70 SWM87

SWM87
  • Twitter
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

Let’s get a few things straight here. First of all it is always a tasty game between both sides, this is obviously a good watch for all is it not???

However Hunslet were digging all game regardless off the fact they were in front. They were the better side in the 1st half however Mayfield started the stronger side in the 2nd half. There were a few tasty tackles but is that not what we want to see???

Mayfields number 6 tackled the Hunslet winger which unfortunately ended up in the dugouts. The response to this is what caused the game to be abandoned, the Hunslet bench were pushing and shoving Mayfields 6 etc and punches from both teams were thrown, the whole Hunslet team plus 1 Hunslet sin binned player and 2 Hunslet fans were rallying around and throwing punches at the Mayfield team. Not all the Mayfield team were involved and when some of the Mayfield players tried pulling players away punches were then thrown at them. The Mayfield coaching staff DID NOT run onto the pitch they walked on and walked off once the game was called off. It was all Hunslets fault - FACT.

Hunslet even had a Joining Jack Charity representative, in all the attire offering the Mayfield centre a separate fight on the car park when the teams were walking into the changing rooms. What kind of example does that set and how does that look for such a well known and respected charity?

There is always an issue up at Hunslet and this is not just my opinion but the opinion of many other players/fans. Even a committee member for Hunslet said "all our lads wanted to do was fight" - Need i say more.

Hunslet should get some sort of punishment, weather that is a fine or a point deduction, not kicked out off the league.

#71 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

Let’s get a few things straight here. First of all it is always a tasty game between both sides, this is obviously a good watch for all is it not???

However Hunslet were digging all game regardless off the fact they were in front. They were the better side in the 1st half however Mayfield started the stronger side in the 2nd half. There were a few tasty tackles but is that not what we want to see???

Mayfields number 6 tackled the Hunslet winger which unfortunately ended up in the dugouts. The response to this is what caused the game to be abandoned, the Hunslet bench were pushing and shoving Mayfields 6 etc and punches from both teams were thrown, the whole Hunslet team plus 1 Hunslet sin binned player and 2 Hunslet fans were rallying around and throwing punches at the Mayfield team. Not all the Mayfield team were involved and when some of the Mayfield players tried pulling players away punches were then thrown at them. The Mayfield coaching staff DID NOT run onto the pitch they walked on and walked off once the game was called off. It was all Hunslets fault - FACT.

Hunslet even had a Joining Jack Charity representative, in all the attire offering the Mayfield centre a separate fight on the car park when the teams were walking into the changing rooms. What kind of example does that set and how does that look for such a well known and respected charity?

There is always an issue up at Hunslet and this is not just my opinion but the opinion of many other players/fans. Even a committee member for Hunslet said "all our lads wanted to do was fight" - Need i say more.

Hunslet should get some sort of punishment, weather that is a fine or a point deduction, not kicked out off the league.

IF what you say is true? They should be thrown out!! Anybody in any administrative capacity at the club should be banned! As I say IF!

#72 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Mayfields number 6 tackled the Hunslet winger which unfortunately ended up in the dugouts. The response to this is what caused the game to be abandoned, the Hunslet bench were pushing and shoving Mayfields 6 etc and punches from both teams were thrown, the whole Hunslet team plus 1 Hunslet sin binned player and 2 Hunslet fans were rallying around and throwing punches at the Mayfield team. Not all the Mayfield team were involved and when some of the Mayfield players tried pulling players away punches were then thrown at them. The Mayfield coaching staff DID NOT run onto the pitch they walked on and walked off once the game was called off. It was all Hunslets fault - FACT.

Thats absolute rubbish. I've had the pleasure of watching the video of the game and if I were on the warriors comittee I would post it on here so everyone could see what actually went on. Seems to me that Mayfield are just trying to throw a lot of mud in the hope that some sticks.
The reason the fight started is because the Mayfield number 6 pushed the winger in to the side of the brick dug out after the tackle had been completed and when the warriors winger reacted angrily 6 threw a punch.

Not all players get involved most are trying to break it up. (Warriors 6 and Mayfield 8 having a right ding dong).

Sin binned players only action is to hold his own team mate back and this is only because the fracas happened right on the warriors dug out.

No spectators were involved in any fighting. One does step over the barrier but just points at the Mayfield number 3 who has just thrown a side winder and spat in the direction of the fans who remonstrated against his cowardice. The same player then re ignites the situation after it has calmed by throwing a wild hayemaker and knocks his own player down.

Both clubs deserve punishment and a few individuals from both sides as well but to say it was all Hunslets fault is ludicrous and a lie.

As for the joining jack rep thats also a total fabrication.

Furthermore to say there is always an issue at Hunslet is rubbish. Their disciplinary record since their return to the NCL speaks for itself. Like I say mud slinging.

Finally I think its worth noting that after the referee blew the whistle to end the game both sets of players shook hands and walked off the field together. No malice from any spectators can be seen.

#73 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

you need to read the ref report butterbean not good reading for you lot

#74 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

I've seen video pal thats good enough for me. Like I said in an earlier post the referee needs to justify the abandonement and Hunslet are an easy target and thats what Mayfield are playing up to.

#75 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

How come youve seen the referees report and Mayfield nor Warriors have.

Edited by LONGMAN, 07 May 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#76 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

Because he's in the"clique"?

#77 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Because he's in the"clique"?

Can you explain what thats implying please?

#78 wiganstjudes

wiganstjudes
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

WIGAN ST JUDES 34-26 WATERHEAD

Judes maintained their unbeaten league run in a scrappy game, it was end to end stuff as the game was played at a furious pace but both sides were guilty of bad handling and bad decision making when carrying the ball. Waterhead crossed first on five minutes after soking up some Judes pressure they worked their way up the field and scored a good converted try it wasn’t long before Judes replied when Paul Pendlebury put Darryl King away and he outstripped the cover Gareth Thomas added the goal they stretched the lead when good approach work from the half backs saw Scott Robinson crash over for the first of his hat trick of tries and three minutes later he was striding over again thanks to some good handling he added the extras right on the stroke of half time Waterhead reduced the lead winning the race to a kick and adding the goal 16-12 at the turn round.

Judes started the second half at a good pace and Dean Hunt had finished off a good backs break and Robinson goaled then came the try of the match Waterhead kicked deep into the Judes territory and M.O. M. fullback Nathan Jones fielded the ball and scythed through the kick chasers to run sixty metres before handing on to the supporting Darryl King who went over by the posts Robinson converted to give Judes a 16 point cushion but the visitors were not lying down and back they came forcing there way over from close range but the kick sailed wide, Judes advanced up the field and applied pressure to the Waterhead line and Dave Carney through out a wide ball to find the solitary Robinson who strolled over and added the goal, it looked like game over with ten to go but a string of penalties from Judes gave the visitors good field position and they took full advantage going in for two tries of which one was converted to round off the scoring.

#79 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

you say Mayfield started the second half the stronger was this before or after the Warriors had gone the lengh of the field to score a try in which six Warriors players were invoved which made the score 28-4.?

#80 one shot

one shot
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Can you explain what thats implying please?

Certain clubs/officials are in the clique! To see a referee report before either team is tantemount to cheating and surely explains itself! Hunslet Warriors have always been seen by the ncl as undesirable, and when they turn up at the disciplinary the outcome will already be decided!