Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New league structure

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

I may have this wrong but in 2 seasons time the RL are talking about two 12 team divisions. Seeing as there are 28 teams at the moment it seems that the bottom 4 of the championship next season will drop into championship 1.So should Hornets go up they will have to finish out of the bottom 4 or drop back into champ 1.But I could have it all wrong!

#2 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 501 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

That leaves two years for the rugby league to change their minds.

We probably wont know what the restructuring will be until after it happens.

#3 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

The RFL have had Funding slashed drastically , they hold Hornets shares in the Stadium after the RLWC do you not think they will cash there shares in ? ..... If they do what then ?
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#4 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

Even a casual search round the web will reveal that the shares of which you speak are not Hornet's.

They belong entirely to the RFL. Hornets made the mistake of using them as collateral on a loan which was never paid back.

Should the Red Hall Mob want to off-load the shares, I imagine they would, to the highest bidder, but that would have only an indirect impact on the club.
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#5 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

Reading a bit between the lines, but I'm beginning to think there will be no championship 1 by the end of the decade
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#6 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

The new structure is in today's League Express. It's very much a case of the 'Devil being in the Detail' but mainly it is thus;

Two clubs relegated from Super League to leave 12 clubs. Four clubs relegated from the, now, Championship to leave a division to be named Super League II.

This is when it gets a bit tasty and it would take a bit of explaining so I suggest you get the news off the RFL website as I doubt I could explain it fully in a forum post.

Just how much difference there will be to the distribution of the cash I don't know but it will be bad news for some lower clubs I think.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#7 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

Martin Sadler posted the following

Just to clarify on what is being proposed.

The idea, as far as I understand it, is that the two bottom teams will be relegated from Super League at the end of 2014, regardless of which teams they will be. There could even be three teams relegated if the clubs decide they want Toulouse in the competition in 2015 with a TV deal possibly on the table from BeIn Sport.

There will then be two divisions of 12 each, which will play each other once (eleven games) in the first half of the season.

In the second half of the season, those clubs will split into three divisions of eight teams, depending on finishing places in the first half of the season. The bottom four Super League clubs will be in with the top four Championship clubs (which may include the two SL clubs relegated the previous season). Those teams will play each other at home and away (14 games) in the second half of the season.

The top four clubs in the second tier, at the end of that season, will then return to Super League for 2016.

Now if that is to be the Proposed Format what happens to the 4/5 remaining Teams(whoever they may be) plus the Teams that are in Hornets Division has it currently stands as there is no mention of them ?, do they get even less funding and cast into the wilderness ? or strengthen Hornets Division etc (as it stands)

Not having a Dig just wondered what peoples thoughts are on these Proposals 

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users