Photo
- - - - -

Can't believe nobody's mentioned this....

Featherstone Rovers

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Daryl Powell is said to have resigned from Featherstone Rovers last night, with the obvious next step being his appointment at Castleford.

Rumours have been around for a long time that his relationship with Mark Campbell the Rovers chairman.  

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#2 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Where you been? That's old news now. Rumours now are we've already got his replacement.

#3 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

Where you been? That's old news now. Rumours now are we've already got his replacement.

I'm just a little surprised that there isn't a 20 page thread on it given the recent trend with Featherstone Rovers related posts.  Still at least we've been spared the tiresome "'owd cock" footnotes offered up by some  :rolleyes:

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#4 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

Fev lose Cas gain we will move on just hope we get someone with experience because they will have to be good to get a better win ratio than Powell. Some people don't realise what they got until its gone

#5 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Maybe Steve McNamara has resigned from England and Daryl Powell is taking over on a full time basis.

One can only hope.

#6 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

I'm just a little surprised that there isn't a 20 page thread on it given the recent trend with Featherstone Rovers related posts.  Still at least we've been spared the tiresome "'owd cock" footnotes offered up by some  :rolleyes:

We only put good news stories on here Larry and this definitely isn't one
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#7 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

Daryl Powell is said to have resigned from Featherstone Rovers last night, with the obvious next step being his appointment at Castleford.

Rumours have been around for a long time that his relationship with Mark Campbell the Rovers chairman.

It's all too depressing for words.

The Fev facbook site is in freefall.

If it's true, I'm gutted and bemused. I can't understand what has gone on behind the scenes to make DP* want to go, but whatever it is I hope the BOD know what they're doing.

* Top tip for the day, never google DP when your sat next to the Mrs

#8 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

lol.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#9 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

Too true, Dorothy Perkins is so passé.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#10 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

Apparently (according to twitter) Powell has just confirmed he is leaving Featherstone Rovers. Refused to comment on the Cas vacancy.

Very sad day indeed, Powell has been an amazing coach for us.

I wish him well in his future career.

Favourite to take over is ex Rovers player John Bastian, currently head of youth at Warrington. He was in the stand at Batley today.

#11 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,839 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

Apparently (according to twitter) Powell has just confirmed he is leaving Featherstone Rovers. Refused to comment on the Cas vacancy.

Very sad day indeed, Powell has been an amazing coach for us.

I wish him well in his future career.

Favourite to take over is ex Rovers player John Bastian, currently head of youth at Warrington. He was in the stand at Batley today.

Actually it was announced a few weeks back that Bastian was leaving Warrington, so might be something in that. Real shame for us because he did a fantastic job.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#12 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Actually it was announced a few weeks back that Bastian was leaving Warrington, so might be something in that. Real shame for us because he did a fantastic job.

I don't know much about him but strong rumours he's our next coach. Can you shed any light on him? And how you think he would go being a full time coach? Cheers

#13 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

So Cas nicked our coach and will now take Fevs, when both of us are stuck helpless in the second division?

#14 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,699 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

Wasn't aware Bastian was an actual coach tbh.

#15 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

Wasn't aware Bastian was an actual coach tbh.

He isn't, he was the head of youth development at Warrington, but resigned mid April.
I remember him when he played at Fev in the late 80's
Sad to see Daryl go, he is a Gentleman and as remained a true professional to the very end, even turning up today to support Fevs community gala day, posing for photos and signing autographs etc.
Im Fev and im proud

#16 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,257 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

I'm just a little surprised that there isn't a 20 page thread on it given the recent trend with Featherstone Rovers related posts. Still at least we've been spared the tiresome "'owd cock" footnotes offered up by some :rolleyes:

it'll all sort its sen out owd cock! It'll be reight! :lol:

Edited by Robin Evans, 06 May 2013 - 08:54 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#17 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,608 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

As they say in Ackworth, all is for the best in this, the best of all possible worlds

#18 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,257 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Time to move on John. Like I said, taking the mick aside.... I honestly think we'll be reight!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#19 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,608 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

I'm agreeing with you!

#20 outlaw13

outlaw13
  • Coach
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Edited by outlaw13, 07 May 2013 - 02:48 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Featherstone Rovers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users