Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Halifax v Barrow

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,703 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

I'm afraid our defence has lapsed again.They scored too many soft tries.
Fax were too quick and strong for us, there is no disgrace in that as they aren't one of the teams we have to compete with. We can take heart from the points we scored.

The problem now bearman is that of the 9 teams in the mini league Barrow only have 3 of those to play at home (Hunslet Keighley & Town) which is where most teams would hope to pick up points.   Barrow still have away games at Dewsbury, Doncaster, Swinton, Whitehaven and York of the bottom 9 and will need to win some of these games.

Dewsbury have 7 of the 9 teams to play at home, Haven have 6 to play at home, Town, Doncaster and York all have 5 to play at home, so it is going to be a real battle for the raiders in the second half of the season.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#22 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

First result - Halifax 52 - 6 Barrow
Two weeks later - Halifax 56 - 30 Barrow
In my opinion that's a big improvement in two weeks

#23 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

First result - Halifax 52 - 6 Barrow
Two weeks later - Halifax 56 - 30 Barrow
In my opinion that's a big improvement in two weeks

yeah its a big improvement, but if you concede over 50 points then your not getting anything from a game, so it really dosent make much difference if you score 6 or 30.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#24 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

yeah its a big improvement, but if you concede over 50 points then your not getting anything from a game, so it really dosent make much difference if you score 6 or 30.

But at the start of the game I wouldn't of expected us to put 30 points in them at there own ground

#25 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

But at the start of the game I wouldn't of expected us to put 30 points in them at there own ground

if you score 30 points you really should be winning the game, or at the very least getting a bp.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#26 GIBSON SG

GIBSON SG
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

But Barrow totally caved in the second half

#27 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

if you score 30 points you really should be winning the game, or at the very least getting a bp.

Yes I'm awake of that but I wasn't pointing out the part of losing, I was pointing out about the improvement we have made in 2 weeks... Not scoring 30 points and getting nothing out of the game

#28 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

Yes I'm awake of that but I wasn't pointing out the part of losing, I was pointing out about the improvement we have made in 2 weeks... Not scoring 30 points and getting nothing out of the game

improvement is one thing but it didnt bring home 3 points, or even 1 point!

were second from bottom and have played 2 extra games than the bottom side, were in the brown stuff, up to our necks id say

#29 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Holty must be doing something right, you seem to have no problems scoring points even against the big guns. Just need to tighten up in defence. Let's hope you get it sorted for your next league game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users