Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Workington v Hunslet

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Abysmal performance. Lack of professionalism in the teamd arrival ttime. Eaton well past his sell by date no motivation from him and nepotism in his team selection. Worst half backs in Hunslets history. Coach with a strong squad and a worst record than Graham Hallas. Says it all.

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

your kicking game is awful, worst ive seen at dp in a long long time. as for david march, deserves an oscar for his drama and immitation of a rugby player
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

your kicking game is awful, worst ive seen at dp in a long long time. as for david march, deserves an oscar for his drama and immitation of a rugby player

I thought we were watching wwe?

#4 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Think eaton is overrated.squad decent on paper.our kicking game is horrible and as been for last few seasons..

#5 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Abysmal performance. Lack of professionalism in the teamd arrival ttime. Eaton well past his sell by date no motivation from him and nepotism in his team selection. Worst half backs in Hunslets history. Coach with a strong squad and a worst record than Graham Hallas. Says it all.

apart from that you were superb :D :D B)

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#6 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

well done town .

Edited by bomber is god, 05 May 2013 - 06:46 PM.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#7 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

I'm waiting for the classic "town were the best of two bad teams". Can't believe you are criticising your halves. That lad i think it was Luke halliwell played very well today.

#8 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Town were the best of 2 bad teams

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

It's funny how it's always losers that say that, isn't it?    :)  :)  :)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,402 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Kicking game is difficult on our pitch , very firm . Even lots of our kicks which looked perfect scooted out . Our bombs were good though.The number 7 ran the show first half but faded as the pack stopped making inroads . Hunslets fitness looked suspect as the game progressed , they lost their oomph .

Edited by DavidM, 05 May 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#11 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

thanks sgt pepper.

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,402 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Not in the 2nd half , very good showing !!

#13 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

:lol: :lol: hahahahaven

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#14 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

It's funny how it's always losers that say that, isn't it? :) :) :)

if you read the post above mine you might just twig that i was being sarcastic

#15 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

What time did the team arrive i must have missed something

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,402 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

But your first half was best anyway , so it wasn't a slow start .

#17 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

We got beat because with a gale force wind behind us in the 1st half we never used it, going in just 6 points in front was never going to be enough with Town using it well in the 2nd half through Peter Lupton who controlled things like a good stand off should.We missed Grimmer badly today not just for his ability to break the line but his rock solid defence - the way Carter just went passed Ansell to score in the 2nd half was pretty poor as was Waine,s try when 3 players had hold of him on the line and somehow got the ball down.For us Hellewell had his best ever 40 mins setting up the 1st and 2nd tries and scoring the 3rd, if only Grimmer had been alongside it would have been differant but thats how things go when your main man is out.The failure to get the bonus point off the last play of the match was sickening, a high bomb was dropped by Chisholm on the line and Town dropped on it, it was Batley all over again and thats 2 bonus points dropped off the last plays of games, lets hope they dont come back to haunt us at the end of the season.

Posted Image

#18 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

We got beat because with a gale force wind behind us in the 1st half we never used it, going in just 6 points in front was never going to be enough with Town using it well in the 2nd half through Peter Lupton who controlled things like a good stand off should.We missed Grimmer badly today not just for his ability to break the line but his rock solid defence - the way Carter just went passed Ansell to score in the 2nd half was pretty poor as was Waine,s try when 3 players had hold of him on the line and somehow got the ball down.For us Hellewell had his best ever 40 mins setting up the 1st and 2nd tries and scoring the 3rd, if only Grimmer had been alongside it would have been differant but thats how things go when your main man is out.The failure to get the bonus point off the last play of the match was sickening, a high bomb was dropped by Chisholm on the line and Town dropped on it, it was Batley all over again and thats 2 bonus points dropped off the last plays of games, lets hope they dont come back to haunt us at the end of the season.

they could well come back and haunt steve , some of the hype ive read on here well u were gonna do this and gonna do tht , it seems the wheels have well and truly fell off , by the way the knives come out , not havin a go at the club players or fans , just an observation , another point its all well and blaming the coach and his assistants but the players need to look at themselves , good luck for the rest of the season guys

#19 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

Can't comment on the game as I wasn't there. Having read the postings from those who were I have to say that I feel sorry for our supporters who spend good money following the team, when was the last time they saw us win away from home ?

For the second time this season I say looking at our team on paper theres no way we should have been beaten. Something isn't right..Again John Oakes not selected ( thanks for the private message on this ) and in the absence of Grimmer I would have liked to see Callum Windley given a run at half back if only for his pace and enthuusiasm.

#20 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 876 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

So then, some bitter-tasting food for thought for those who failed to recognise last week's win merely papered over several cracks ...

1st half performance with the wind -> borderline acceptable
2nd half performance againt the wind -> total and utter garbage
mistakes and errors of judgement -> same old favourites, with one or two new ones dreamt up
defence in our own 20 -> astoundingly naive
tactical kicking -> an alien concept; a contradiction in terms
substitutions -> mystifying, based on what is happening on the pitch
Ansell, Chisolm -> not good enough for this level. If Grimmer wasn't fit then Windley should have played no.6. Send Chisolm back to Leeds
Helliwell -> sole candidate for MOM. Scored one try, set up two others and an amazing tackle on Stack in the first half
Workington -> decent team, especially Olstrum, Carter, Lupton. Organised and well coached

Our coach -> time to go ???????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users