Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Workington v Hunslet

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

So then, some bitter-tasting food for thought for those who failed to recognise last week's win merely papered over several cracks ...

1st half performance with the wind -> borderline acceptable
2nd half performance againt the wind -> total and utter garbage
mistakes and errors of judgement -> same old favourites, with one or two new ones dreamt up
defence in our own 20 -> astoundingly naive
tactical kicking -> an alien concept; a contradiction in terms
substitutions -> mystifying, based on what is happening on the pitch
Ansell, Chisolm -> not good enough for this level. If Grimmer wasn't fit then Windley should have played no.6. Send Chisolm back to Leeds
Helliwell -> sole candidate for MOM. Scored one try, set up two others and an amazing tackle on Stack in the first half
Workington -> decent team, especially Olstrum, Carter, Lupton. Organised and well coached
Our coach -> time to go ???????

where's helliwell from? Local amateur or signed from another club or DR???

#22 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

KEIGHLEY

#23 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Listen folks, barring your kicking game and the insistence of playing through Mr March most plays I thought you had a dangerous team especially around the fringes. The scrum half was your MOM, who played very well. IMO the town pack got the better of the Hawks pack which told when you played against the wind in the second half. Maybe you expect more from your team than us Town fans who are happy to be where we are and realise we are in a scrap to stay up.
It's never easy travelling up here and we have the same when we travel almost every other week.
Hope to see you all in a fortnight, I've learned not to wish any of you a safe journey after the match though as I nearly had my head bitten off yesterday!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#24 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

KEIGHLEY

good player and would be even better behind a stronger pack (no disrespect intended).

#25 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

good player and would be even better behind a stronger pack (no disrespect intended).

i really dont rate him

#26 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

Those 3 mentioned from town are excellent , but Jamie Acton has been our stand out prop , Jarrad Stack and Ellliot Miller are top notch , Callum Phillips is a GB amateur , and Mattinson is our best player who's coming back from injury . And Brett Phillips , our best prospect for SL , and Calderwood who's been on fire this year were injured , so we're building a very handy side up here with a nucleus of Cumbrian talent to build around with outsiders like Thacks who decided yesterday to have his best game since last season !!
You guys looked very good for 40 and have talent and power to worry teams with no doubt , those two props off the bench were beasts !! All the best .

Edited by DavidM, 06 May 2013 - 08:27 PM.

#27 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

DavidM, one thing i noticed yesterday was the big improvement on Derwent Park, from the new seats in the main stand to the new bar in the  corner of the other stand ( the poor lass who was serving bashed her head on the counter and hope shes ok ) the new electic scoreboard and the toilet block on the open end, it really is a tidy little ground now and you,ve a good set up there.At least it didnt rain but that wind was always gonna make it tough for us in the 2nd half.A big Up too to the Truckstop at Carnforth on the M6 best breckfast ive had in ages.Even better Hawkeye paid for it... 

Posted Image

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

That's right pal , that's thanks to the World Cup . Haven pulled out of hosting the two allocated games due to the non appearing new stadium , and we got £ 450,000 to improve our ground when granted the games , so it was all positive news . We have a tidy set up now ( it needed it ) and we get to see Italy and the much vaunted Tonga ,so all good stuff !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users