RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

town beat the hawks

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

That's ok. Keep offering us 4 a week , we'll take what we want . Be worse when they're offering us nothing ! At least when we get injuries or for whatever reason we need a player or two we have that option , that's what it's there for ( or should be ).

Edited by DavidM, 05 May 2013 - 09:39 PM.

#42 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

one was mcgraff leuluai, and i know one was hulme. not sure on the other 2 though
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#43 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

I think one was gore don't no about the other one

#44 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

It's a good cushion to stop you getting into holes with injuries . I'd only be really tempted if they offered a good level quick , try scoring centre . We're getting most if not all other bases covered when fit . It's worked pretty much as it should for us , as an aid to our own squad when needed . If you need a like for like replacement you're getting a good one and you're not weakened . Good to have the fallback and good that's it's your call

Edited by DavidM, 05 May 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#45 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 774 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

As the season progresses I'm sure we will need one or 2 so widnes will be happy with it and respect we are our own club and will help them out when we can! They have jack Gaskell so we all good

#46 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

It's a good cushion to stop you getting into holes with injuries . I'd only be really tempted if they offered a good level quick , try scoring centre . We're getting most if not all other bases covered when fit . It's worked pretty much as it should for us , as an aid to our own squad when needed . If you need a like for like replacement you're getting a good one and you're not weakened . Good to have the fallback and good that's it's your call

Hulme is one mate you just put him on the wing !!! he might just show you all next week ?? anyhow great win today guys just what the doctored ordered. Roll on next week you might just cause an upset ;0 ) 

#47 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

Hulme is one mate you just put him on the wing !!! he might just show you all next week ?? anyhow great win today guys just what the doctored ordered. Roll on next week you might just cause an upset ;0 )

He is much better at centre and I think Marsh and phelps will be the centres unless we rest a few players.Declan Hulme is never a winger and I am looking forward to my trip to Workington.We should bring a 1000 supporters.

#48 Ben10

Ben10
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

It's nice to see a couple of people praise Peter Lupton when he has played well. There's always plenty wanting to have a dig at him when he hasn't had a good game.

#49 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:31 AM

It's nice to see a couple of people praise Peter Lupton when he has played well. There's always plenty wanting to have a dig at him when he hasn't had a good game.

To be honest I think peters hardly had a bad game this season, he guides us round nicely, and it looks like we now have a partnership at h/b.

#50 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

Somebody let bkm know.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#51 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

No.    Fifty maximum.

Thats funny seeing as we had a coach with 50 on plus a minibus and people who drove? See how many you bring to Hunslet.

#52 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Some pretty nasty stuff from the Hunslet fans so the second half and that last BP eliminating try made the win all the sweeter. Didn't think Hunslet looked a bad side just up against a good 'team'. As has been said keep playing like that and we needn't fear anybody. Looking forward to next week and hopefully a better humoured encounter with the widnes fans.

#53 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

Funny seeing the hard man March thinking he was playing football with his pathetic play acting, squealed like a little girl. Horrible little #####.

#54 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Gotta agree with that ben10 . The guy was playing busted last year but has really stood up this year , been our creative and controlling force in the middle and really put his hand up week in week out .

#55 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 774 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Ha seems these hunslet clowns thought they were gonna come and turn us over and went sore when it didn't go too plan!! Lucky for them big Jamie acton didn't get much time to destroy them!! Silly clowns will show them when we take a few fans with us!!

#56 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

The one quote from their forum that caught my eye was ' looking at our team sheet there's no way we should have been beaten ' .
So us having a good side doesn't come into it then ??

Edited by DavidM, 06 May 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#57 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

The one quote from their forum that caught my eye was ' looking at our team sheet there's no way we should have been beaten ' .
So us having a good side doesn't come into it then ??

let them all keep underestimating you , they might all wake up come playoff time  :D

#58 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

i actually think there the worst fans to venture up to derwent park. yeah they were noisy and supported there team for about 60minutes, but all we heard was bad language when there were kids within eatshot, singled out a town fan for abuse,complained and sulked about every aspect of the game and gave thacks some personal abuse only for him to ram it back down there throats. ah well hopefully we upset them more in a fortnight and there playing gateshead and hemel next year.

#59 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Family sport is right , I had a good craic with a couple from hunslet in the main stand . That's as it should be in our sport ,good craic and banter but no more . This ain't football where fans can't turn up without swapping vile abuse , and it isnt a minority !!Always bemused by that .

Edited by DavidM, 06 May 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#60 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Family sport is right , I had a good craic with a couple from hunslet in the main stand . That's as it should be in our sport ,good craic and banter but no more . This ain't football where fans can't turn up without swapping vile abuse . Always bemused by that .

what they were singing about thacks was out of order and i think thats why the town fan made tbe gesture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users