Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New coach

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

If the new coach is to be John Bastian then this has been sorted out very quickly

Are the club jumping the gun and should as I believe the post been advertised so we could see who was interested in taking the job on How will we know if we have the best man if no ones had the chance to apply

#2 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

They were mentioning Andy Hay on Radio Leeds after the game?

#3 Bazzer

Bazzer
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

Sorry but we need a coach to keep us going forward, dont think Andy Hay is the right man

#4 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Well you can keep your paws off Paul Rowley now he's got us playing a decent game style ( for now )

I hope your dip in form continues untill after our NRC match up ;)

#5 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

Well you can keep your paws off Paul Rowley now he's got us playing a decent game style ( for now )

Dip in form? We have just beaten 2 of the top 5 teams in 2 weeks I would say its quite the opposite. As for rowley I think your safe on that account.

#6 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

You can just hear the whistle of Faisal and Mark's lear jet rushing over the M62, to hot pot land, to try and land Rowley. It's all the cappers have talked about for the last two years is landing Rowley. I hope we are not beaten to it for his signature by Kells or Thatto Heath.

What a toilet.

#7 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

Dip in form? We have just beaten 2 of the top 5 teams in 2 weeks I would say its quite the opposite. As for rowley I think your safe on that account.

Your right there last three games we have been getting back too it with the better weather

Back to the coach. If the new coach doesn't go one step further this year with the team will he be classed as failure because if so there will be alot of pressure on him as he will have to win all 3

#8 towngoingdown

towngoingdown
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

could possibly look at danny orr as your coach.would be good to mould another good english coach.or possibly steve mccormack who,s a great coach. 

#9 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

Think the coach has already been decided!!!!

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Your right there last three games we have been getting back too it with the better weather

Back to the coach. If the new coach doesn't go one step further this year with the team will he be classed as failure because if so there will be alot of pressure on him as he will have to win all 3

It just depends how you look at it JT. I mean I doubt any coach would match DPs win/lose ratio. By the looks of it that doesn't matter to the BOD they want trophies so on that basis whoever gets the job if he wins 2 finals in 2 seasons then the BOD would see it as an improvement on DP. Its an hard one really because in one sense the new coach as got four seasons to win 2 finals then in the BODs eyes he will of done better than DP did whatever his win/lose ratio is. Just depends which way you look at it really but that's looking at it from the BODs point of view not mine that's why I can understand what's happened doesn't mean I agree with it though.

#11 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

TG surely they will look on year on year progression so last year we won league and lost in two finals so this year to improve on that it must be league and win at least one of the finals and get to the other there's alot of pressure there for someone don't you think

#12 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

If John Bastion is coming........why? He has made his name as a youth coach, does he come highly recommended? Do the BOD know something we don't know? Do they expect him to step up to the job with ease, or do they expect him to develop promising youngsters into top class players? We haven't given youngsters much of an opportunity lately, is there a bigger picture, maybe surrounding Destination SL?

#13 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

i've been watching fev for at least 55years and i don't ever recall being asked for my opinion on who the next coach should be. the people putting the money in will call the shots, and rightly so.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#14 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

TG surely they will look on year on year progression so last year we won league and lost in two finals so this year to improve on that it must be league and win at least one of the finals and get to the other there's alot of pressure there for someone don't you think

I see what you mean JT but what happens if the new coach comes in and our season goes belly up.( when I say belly up I mean just win the league like we have been because that's classed as not good enough anymore lol). Would you give him another season as he's only had half a season to settle In? or would you ship him out? I personally think you can't win whatever you do unless he comes in and takes everything before him which would be remarkable given the circumstances really. As for the pressure JT yes it's massive it will either make or break our next coach hopefully its the former.

Edited by thundergaz, 07 May 2013 - 07:18 AM.

#15 Morleydog

Morleydog
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

Gaz, surely you mean the former? (make...break).

#16 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

Gaz, surely you mean the former? (make...break).

Yes of course lol.A senior moment.

Edited by thundergaz, 07 May 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#17 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

I was told the press conference announcing departure of Daryl and our new coach is at 9am this morning

The best news I have heard all weekend if true is that we get to keep Ryan Sheridan as assistant as Danny Orr is assisting Daryl in his new job. 

Ryan must be our unsung hero at Fev and definitely an important cog in the wheel of Destination SL

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#18 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

Back to the new coach. Justin Morgan for me.

#19 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Fans forum this Thursday evening, I am pretty sure all questions regarding Daryl and the new coach will be answered in the mean time good luck to Ryan and all the best to Daryl...Up the Rovers.

http://www.featherst...le.php?id=11269

#20 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Suitable and available coaches are like rocking horse --------- , IMO at this moment in time. We have been caught with our pants down over this issue and it will take a lot of effort to steady the ship. If DP elects to take players with him, it will be all hands to the pumps. We will get over it, but at what consequence?.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users