Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New coach

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Suitable and available coaches are like rocking horse --------- , IMO at this moment in time. We have been caught with our pants down over this issue and it will take a lot of effort to steady the ship. If DP elects to take players with him, it will be all hands to the pumps. We will get over it, but at what consequence?.

i've got a feeling the decision has already been made Bob

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#22 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

Every confidence in Ryan Sheridan, cant see the game plan changing one bit. Cant see it being more than 48hours before the new coach is announced

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#23 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

correct Bill..every confidence in Shez,assisted by Danny...respect. ;)

Every confidence in Ryan Sheridan, cant see the game plan changing one bit. Cant see it being more than 48hours before the new coach is announced

#24 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Suitable and available coaches are like rocking horse --------- , IMO at this moment in time. We have been caught with our pants down over this issue and it will take a lot of effort to steady the ship. If DP elects to take players with him, it will be all hands to the pumps. We will get over it, but at what consequence?.

That's what I'm worried about too bob. It would surprise me if he didn't try and take at least a few with him the likes of Finn and Ellis just to name a few and then theirs the best pack in the league and probably the best centre. I think we could of dropped an almighty clanger myself.I doubt c@s could afford any of our contracted players though so get them all signed up as soon as possible.

Edited by thundergaz, 07 May 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#25 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Papers are saying Bastien as though it is nailed on.

#26 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

Papers are saying Bastien as though it is nailed on.

Or could it be Bastien as no.2 to Ryan Sheridan?

#27 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

John Bastian left the Warrington job for a shot at being a head coach. No way is he being the assistant to be honest.

#28 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

If it is bastian its a brave move. Could be a stroke of genius or it could be a disaster/massive gamble. I would like to see someone with experience come in maybe Justin Morgan or someone like that. But if it is bastian I would be disappointed but whoever comes in as got the same goals its a big pressure job and if bastian thinks he's up to the challenge then why not give him a go.

#29 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

That's what I'm worried about too bob. It would surprise me if he didn't try and take at least a few with him the likes of Finn and Ellis just to name a few and then theirs the best pack in the league and probably the best centre. I think we could of dropped an almighty clanger myself.I doubt c@s could afford any of our contracted players though so get them all signed up as soon as possible.

I'm sorry but Finny ain't SL class. Superb at Dews and even better at Fev but not SL. I agree with "almighty clanger" and that is DP taking a SL position and Cas even appointing him. I hate to say it but he isn't in the same class as Ian Millward or John Kear for that matter .Going from being a coach in a very good position, with a go forward club and funds available  to coaching a side who are always going to struggle in SL. Sorry DP ,it ain't gonna turn out to be a story with a happy ending.   

#30 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

According to the rumours he hadn't much choice.

#31 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

This has to have been the worst kept secret in Rugby :angry:  and i sympathise 100%

DP based his success on cherry picking the best talent available to him, within his budget ofc.

At this level history has proved it is a recipe for disaster.

Dewsbury (2000)

Barrow (2011)

Doncaster (too many yearrs to mention)

Leigh (oh wait, the prodigal son is absolved from sin, along with Widnes :blink: )

The coaches departure resulting in a mass exodus :unsure:

Edited by John North, 08 May 2013 - 12:34 AM.

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#32 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

This has to have been the worst kept secret in Rugby :angry:  and i sympathise 100%

DP based his success on cherry picking the best talent available to him, within his budget ofc.

At this level history has proved it is a recipe for disaster.

Dewsbury (2000)
Barrow (2011)
Doncaster (too many yearrs to mention)
Leigh (oh wait, the prodigal son is absolved from sin, along with Widnes :blink: )

The coaches departure resulting in a mass exodus :unsure:

Your a right bundle of Joy you aren't you. Didn't you star in a 1970s TV public information film about a deep murky pond?

#33 feaverpitch

feaverpitch
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

I personally think Ryan will take over until the end of this season,If john Bastion does come to fev,its likely to be at the end of the season.Looks like his position was advertised in yesterdays RL press. Ryan will want to put his mark on the remainder of this season and i wish him every success.Maybe a few new ideas?

Just a thought Maybe he was always coming to FEV,for next season Hence why Darrel decided on the chance to coach at SL level.

#34 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

Officially Steve Hankins has now withdrawn his application, he's got an airport run.

#35 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

and chico?

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#36 peterworth

peterworth
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Just a thought Maybe he was always coming to FEV,for next season Hence why Darrel decided on the chance to coach at SL level.

That's just what I fear has happened.

#37 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

My guess would be Crossley, England and Lockwood for starters. I do not want to get bogged down in all the nitty gritty aspects of this issue, but the one problem I have is the fact that one minute Cas are looking around for funding and struggling to keep their heads above water and the next minute they are paying for a coach of DPs standard plus deciding to retain Chase, along with his reportedly massive salary. Could it be that Feisal is now financing two RL clubs?.

Edited by Bob Crowther, 08 May 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#38 feaverpitch

feaverpitch
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

According to probiz guru feisal he has enough money to buy any club in super league-There again he could always use another toilet so cas would fit the bill.

#39 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

My guess would be Crossley, England and Lockwood for starters. I do not want to get bogged down in all the nitty gritty aspects of this issue, but the one problem I have is the fact that one minute Cas are looking around for funding and struggling to keep their heads above water and the next minute they are paying for a coach of DPs standard plus deciding to retain Chase, along with his reportedly massive salary. Could it be that Feisal is now financing two RL clubs?.

Rovers have reported that they've begun the process of extending players contracts, starting with Ian Hardman, so hopefully players who wish to resign will.

What would Feisal be financing two clubs?? He's pledged himself to us, he's a major shareholder now
Im Fev and im proud

#40 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Rovers have reported that they've begun the process of extending players contracts, starting with Ian Hardman, so hopefully players who wish to resign will.

What would Feisal be financing two clubs?? He's pledged himself to us, he's a major shareholder now

Just thinking about the Hetherington family, Maureen, ie; Hull and Leeds.

NB; there is always Gordy Long at Sharlo.

Edited by Bob Crowther, 08 May 2013 - 07:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users