Ref today

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 GoldDog

GoldDog
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

Could anyone please expalin to me why Ben Black was called back from playing on after a Featherstone knock on at the end of the first half, whilst Liam Finn was allowed to play on from one of ours at the end of the second ?

What was the difference ?

#2 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

Good question... i can only asdume batley must habe knocked on too!? but i didnt see that and am as baffled as you gd.

#3 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

Big mistake by Leatherbarrow.

#4 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

He has actually been one of the best referees at Championship level for a while now, but he had an absolute shocker today.

#5 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

I thought the ref did OK uptil then and was gpbsmackef when he let fev away down field with what looked like the same circumstances!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#6 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

He actuallysaid sorry to jk when he should of let black play

#7 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

He has actually been one of the best referees at Championship level for a while now, but he had an absolute shocker today.

agreed 100%
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#8 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Good question... i can only asdume batley must habe knocked on too!? but i didnt see that and am as baffled as you gd.

he simply ballsed up and we caught a good un. Black should've been under our sticks.
Wasn't the only mistakes he made yesterday its just we got a couple the type of which results are decided by in a tight game.

Edited by Robin Evans, 06 May 2013 - 07:32 AM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#9 GoldDog

GoldDog
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

He actuallysaid sorry to jk when he should of let black play

Oh well thats okay then.

Those 6 points wouldn't have made much difference . . . . NOT

#10 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

Oh well thats okay then.

Those 6 points wouldn't have made much difference . . . . NOT

I heard , he apologised at half time , saying he had blown whistle too early , not much good tho when blackie was away with JC on his shoulder

#11 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

That was a huge mistake by the ref..we also need to look at why Bostocks try was disallowed in the second half presumably for knocking on from a ripped ball but only the DVD will tell us that; A very entertaining match by two excellent teams;

#12 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

He obviously doesn't learn from his mistakes -  did exactly the same thing with us last week, bringing back play from a worky knock on with the rams breakaway player all but under the sticks. Would have put us 18 points clear and won us the match. Problem for us is that his decision could cost us far more dearly at the end of the season than yesterdays will the dogs - and he didn't apologise. 

I heard , he apologised at half time , saying he had blown whistle too early , not much good tho when blackie was away with JC on his shoulder

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

He obviously doesn't learn from his mistakes -  did exactly the same thing with us last week, bringing back play from a worky knock on with the rams breakaway player all but under the sticks. Would have put us 18 points clear and won us the match. Problem for us is that his decision could cost us far more dearly at the end of the season than yesterdays will the dogs - and he didn't apologise. 

When the players start apologising for their mistakes is what I look forward to.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

A mystifying decision, which at least he acknowledge after.

A ref should not be engaging in banter with the crowd, however other than the black decision I don't think he had a bad game overall. And certainly not the reason we didn't win.

With the greatest respect to Fev that was there for the taking for both sides, but once again against a top 4 side we fell just short. Frustrating.

#15 Morleydog

Morleydog
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

How come we are always playing downhill first half?

We either have a rubbish 'tosser', or we choose to play downhill.

Every game, I waith with expectation as the teams come out, only to be disappointed again.

I don't know what the overall stats are, but just lately (and especially in the big games) we always seem to be downhill.

Couple this with our penchant for giving the opposition a try or two start, and it makes for an uphill struggle (litterally).

#16 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Every game, I waith with expectation as the teams come out, only to be disappointed again.

I don't know what the overall stats are, but just lately (and especially in the big games) we always seem to be downhill.

Couple this with our penchant for giving the opposition a try or two start, and it makes for an uphill struggle (litterally).

Leave piggy alone - you can't blame everything on him. ;) Now I have to admit it - I really feel for you guys. Back to back defeats to two of the weakest teams in the championship, languishing in fifth place with a fairly useful squad that has the potential to be one of the most potent attacking sides in the championship - it's a wonder you aren't all reaching for the exit pills. Boy am I glad we Rams supporters don't have the same worries. :rolleyes:

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

I resemble that remark GOR and as a matter of fact I am a damn fine tosser and holder of the under 23 stone Och manutie caber tossing championships at the Ecllefeckinghell games in Scotland 2004 ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#18 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

I resemble that remark GOR and as a matter of fact I am a damn fine tosser and holder of the under 23 stone Och manutie caber tossing championships at the Ecllefeckinghell games in Scotland 2004 ;)

:lol:  :lol:  :O

#19 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

This has been a ploy that we have employed since the glory days of Gary Thornton.

From memory it was because we always play better uphill.

I think JK was on record as saying, a team has to run up the hill to when defending, when going down the slope, so it is beneficial to defend down the slope-easier to retreat to defensive line.

Personally I think we should go uphill in the first half, keep things tight for the first 50-60 and then try and blow them away when they tire.

#20 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

I couldn't agree more Vito.

Playing downhill first half also adds pressure as you know more often than not that you need a decent lead to have a realistic chance to win, even though we do seem to play reasonably well uphill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users