Photo
- - - - -

Squad and score predictions for the widnes game.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

If we get within 20 points of them, and come out of it with a clean bill of health. I will be delighted.

#22 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

A chance for Widnes to see who we can pick up for Widnes next year.Should be a good atmosphere.Never been Workington, but looking forward to the game and hope we bring a few fans.

#23 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

We just need to enjoy the occasion as a just reward for our efforts so far and stay healthy for the bigger fish we have to fry .

#24 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Mr. Stokes returns for the Widnes match! Will he bring his camera!

Mr Consistent ?

#25 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

its an odd match, you want us to perform and even push for an upset but theres always the danger of the likes of acton or olstrum having a stormer and tweaking the vikings interest in them.i know its great for us to supply these players to super league but im a town fan above all else and i want our best young players to stay with the club for many years. getting karl on a 2 year deal looks a very good move at this point in time.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#26 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

good shout

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#27 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

Why does the Rugby League assume that we will not reach the Challenge Cup Final and agree with Premier Sports that we can play York on the Thursday night before the Wembley weekend?
I'm also really worried about how many midweek games we will be forced to play as dual Challenge Cup and Northern Rail Cup finalists - Keighley, Featherstone, Swinton, Sheffield and Batley! ........Is this really fair on our lads!
By the way, you can still get 500 -1 for the Cup, will really drop after Sunday!

Edited by Supporter, 08 May 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#28 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Why does the Rugby League assume that we will not reach the Challenge Cup Final and agree with Premier Sports that we can play York on the Thursday night before the Wembley weekend?
I'm also really worried about how many midweek games we will be forced to play as dual Challenge Cup and Northern Rail Cup finalists - Keighley, Featherstone, Swinton, Sheffield and Batley! ........Is this really fair on our lads!
By the way, you can still get 500 -1 for the Cup, will really drop after Sunday!

There's a full fixture list for the Thursday before the Cup Final.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Sky bet have town 20/1 6th favourites for the Choo- Choo Cup but you can get 33/1 with bet victor . Worth a couple of sheckles.

#30 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

There's a full fixture list for the Thursday before the Cup Final.

Sorry my mistake, but the full list does not include Super League clubs. I hope a championship club makes the final just to show the powers that be!

#31 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

i think im going to go for the cup double.easy money

#32 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

We are 12/1 for Sunday, Widnes are 50/1 ON! 33/1 the draw.

#33 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

We are 12/1 for Sunday, Widnes are 50/1 ON! 33/1 the draw.

surely town at home against one of the weaker super league sides,who struggled with donny and are rubbish away from home is worth a quid or 2. does anyone know what start town get on the coupon?

#34 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

surely town at home against one of the weaker super league sides,who struggled with donny and are rubbish away from home is worth a quid or 2. does anyone know what start town get on the coupon?

More of a case Widnes played poor on the day.If Widnes did not play ###### in their sky games we be 6th in the table now.Team not as poor as you think beating Hull,Warrington and saints.

#35 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

More of a case Widnes played poor on the day.If Widnes did not play ###### in their sky games we be 6th in the table now.Team not as poor as you think beating Hull,Warrington and saints.

I'm sure it's all tongue in cheek mate, I'm certainly under no illusions about Widnes, having said that beating Saints is hardly a feather in your cap this season!!  ;)

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#36 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

i was only joking. and any team could say if we hadnt been poor in certain games then they would be much higher. as for beating saints last week? i would fancy a lot of championship sides running them close with there injury ravaged side

#37 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

We don't seem to be getting much of a build up to the game in the N&S. Same column inches as haven, and they haven't got a game. :O

#38 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

i was only joking. and any team could say if we hadnt been poor in certain games then they would be much higher. as for beating saints last week? i would fancy a lot of championship sides running them close with there injury ravaged side

Sorry mate if read the message wrong.I have watched Widnes for a while and when on form can beat some of the top sides.Warrington I say is a decent side who we beat comfortably.We played with less men against Bradford and drew.Hock was sent off in the first half too.Just saying we are not as bad a side as last year but I do think you will give us a good game.

#39 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

You've done pretty well no doubt . I don't care how many injuries they have you can't knock a win away at Saints , or your other scalps. Great test for our guys and a great occasion for them

#40 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Anybody remember 1991 in the Lancashire Cup? :D

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users