Dale / Hornets

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Given the fact that Rochdale AFC is run so well and the mess we are in - the vitriol surrounding RAFC's bid to take over the running of Hornets back in 2009 seems rather misplaced now

#2 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 478 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Agreed they should have been allowed to take us over, would have saved all this embarrassment

#3 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

Have either of you any evidence to back up such sweeping statements? Balance sheets of both clubs? If so then please supply the details and we can all make up our own minds as to the skills at running a spots club.

This could turn into a very interesting thread!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#4 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Rochdale AFC run so well :( :( :(  Err, is languishing in the bottom division of the football league for a record length of time a well run club??

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#5 hitman hornet

hitman hornet
  • Coach
  • 345 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

You have miss understood Ornet4ever,
Being well run, is meant by not in debt'
Look at all these football clubs in liquidation, rochdale is a very well run football club.
Not in debt, and live by there means.
100% league 0% union

#6 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

just like Hornets are doing
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#7 hitman hornet

hitman hornet
  • Coach
  • 345 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

I never said they wasn't boro hornet'
Just putting my view across on the football club pal.
100% league 0% union

#8 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Yeah I'd agree with both Hitman and BH, the Dale is well run. They live within their means and it can limit success doing so. I suppose if they wanted to go out on a limb they might be more successful but look at the mess Bury and Stockport are in chasing that dream.
It's easy to run up debt chasing success but not so easy paying that debt off when it doesn't materialise.

I wouldn't like to see rugby club run by the soccer club tho', we'd be the first to go if they were ever to find themselves in trouble.

Edited by PooingDog, 07 May 2013 - 01:43 PM.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#9 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

I never said they wasn't boro hornet'
Just putting my view across on the football club pal.

not saying you were HM but others seem to be when both are doing their best with limited resources If the Dale had the money im sure they would put it into the football team rather than Hornets so it just would not have worked .I have my suspicions why they put the bid forward but thats all
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#10 mozzer

mozzer
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

have hornets in the last couple of seasons sold any players for a transfer fee , Rochdale seem to do on a regular basis, I suppose this keeps them in the black and healthy ,

#11 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

Yes I agree,Dale are a well run club fiscally,not that a lot of their supporters would agree,but you can`t become mega rich on crowds of less than two thousand. So selling players is a must for them,it`s the only way to keep the club going and now that the Messiah is back,I`m sure he`ll be finding the next Dawson or Buckley to sell on. But I wouldn`t want them to take over Hornets,their fans would only want to see the back of Hornets asap,such is the vitriol most of them feel for the "egg chasers" using their hallowed turf. They`d love to see Hornets` demise,but the way league is going these days,perhaps the powers that be at RFLHQ want to do it themselves. This latest "expansion" is a joke,if they don`t play the game in the schools or have a history with the game,they`re wasting their time. Still,beggars can`t be choosers,so Hornets will just have to battle on until it becomes obvious that there`s no more interest in the club. Us baby boomers are slowly disappearing now,we the diehards who still remember the good old days,do the next generations really care anymore??

#12 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

Yes I agree,Dale are a well run club fiscally,not that a lot of their supporters would agree,but you can`t become mega rich on crowds of less than two thousand. So selling players is a must for them,it`s the only way to keep the club going and now that the Messiah is back,I`m sure he`ll be finding the next Dawson or Buckley to sell on. But I wouldn`t want them to take over Hornets,their fans would only want to see the back of Hornets asap,such is the vitriol most of them feel for the "egg chasers" using their hallowed turf. They`d love to see Hornets` demise,but the way league is going these days,perhaps the powers that be at RFLHQ want to do it themselves. This latest "expansion" is a joke,if they don`t play the game in the schools or have a history with the game,they`re wasting their time. Still,beggars can`t be choosers,so Hornets will just have to battle on until it becomes obvious that there`s no more interest in the club. Us baby boomers are slowly disappearing now,we the diehards who still remember the good old days,do the next generations really care anymore??

A monthly trip to Touchstones always gives me my fix of the Hornets good old days

#13 ColDale

ColDale
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

any vitriol is not about the use of the pitch, but rather the large debts incurred through non rent payment by Rochdale Hornets.

That said, its been stated by our club recently that relations between Dale and Hornets have never been as good as they are right now and current rent is up to date.

Edited by ColDale, 12 May 2013 - 01:16 PM.

Interfering bloke who supports Dale.

#14 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

any vitriol is not about the use of the pitch, but rather the large debts incurred through non rent payment by Rochdale Hornets.

That said, its been stated by our club recently that relations between Dale and Hornets have never been as good as they are right now and current rent is up to date.

TBF Col there's been a lot of complaining and moaning about Hornets playing on the pitch, especially at the cold wet start to the season (our season that is).

It's good that relations between the two clubs have thawed a little, can you remember how much did Hornets 1871 owe the stadium company?
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

#15 ColDale

ColDale
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Well its not just been Hornets 1871. The newco Hornets have had their moments too despite members being told to the contrary. But historically, I couldn't give you a figure other than to say it was very significant. Pitch related comments will inevitably follow when its not being contributed to. Just pleased that there's a new era of cooperation to the satisfaction of the football club, and long may it continue.

Interfering bloke who supports Dale.

#16 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

Well its not just been Hornets 1871. The newco Hornets have had their moments too despite members being told to the contrary. But historically, I couldn't give you a figure other than to say it was very significant. Pitch related comments will inevitably follow when its not being contributed to. Just pleased that there's a new era of cooperation to the satisfaction of the football club, and long may it continue.

Fair enough CD.

Do you reckon that in this new spirit of Entente Cordial there's any chance getting the two clubs to maybe offer some sort of reciprocal deal on admission prices?
I'm thinking along the lines of Hornets season ticket holders get a voucher (or vouchers) giving them say 25% off a Dale game out of Hornets season and Dale season ticket holders getting the same for Hornets.
I'm not talking about a local derby but maybe a Tuesday evening game where attendances are expected to be low.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

#17 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

TBF Col there's been a lot of complaining and moaning about Hornets playing on the pitch, especially at the cold wet start to the season (our season that is).

It's good that relations between the two clubs have thawed a little, can you remember how much did Hornets 1871 owe the stadium company?

Mark surely without 1871 you would not be lording it around Spotland?

#18 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 478 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

Without 1871 the current Rochdale Hornets would be playing on Fairgrove

#19 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Keep taking the Lithium Lakeside and guess again, but next time think a little closer to home.

Edited by PooingDog, 13 May 2013 - 09:34 AM.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

#20 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Without 1871 the current Rochdale Hornets would be playing on Fairgrove

TBH Snoopy there'd be no need for the co-op at all if Hornets 1871 hadn't been run into the ground, as for playing on Firgrove the same applies.

Edited by PooingDog, 13 May 2013 - 09:35 AM.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users