TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Ed Miliband

• Please log in to reply
1089 replies to this topic

#241 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

there are I think, 1.4 million people work in the NHS. 

That's a misleading figure.   The NHS is not some great monolith with everyone pulling in the same direction.  It's much more a collection of relatively unconnected small to medium sized organisations operating under some loose central branding.

That's me.  I'm done.

#242 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

There was no waiting list then or in 2009/2010/2011 or 2012 but  in 2013, since the "reforms" suddenly there's a waiting list for a test to ensure I'm not going blind!

The purpose of the reform is to encourage you to go private.  If you could get the treatment you needed when you needed it on the NHS, how would anyone make any money?

That's me.  I'm done.

#243 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-23450435

Even without union money, Labour bring in more than the Tories.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#244 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

So, the nurses need sacking then.

Were there any complaints at Mid Staffs, or were they bumped off before they had the chance?

Perhaps the nurses really were "too busy". Obviously nobody should have to wait three hours but if there was life threatening stuff going on elsewhere then you can understand why the nurses didn't get involved. Dreadful but a system failure rather than the fault of any individual.

The NHS often employs two people to do the work of three and then people come out with "sack the nurses" because they can't cover the missing person. What do you expect?

#245 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,398 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

The purpose of the reform is to encourage you to go private.  If you could get the treatment you needed when you needed it on the NHS, how would anyone make any money?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#246 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,398 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Perhaps yours isn't a severe case and has been given low priority over more urgent cases ?

Regarding appointments, at my GP's the Doctors can make you a hospital appointment while you are there in the examination room as they have access to the hospital booking system and can tell you exactly when there are appointments available and secure the appointment for you there and then on their computer.

Or perhaps they've lost my notes like they had the last time I went!

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#247 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hate the tory's but people want to be shot if they vote in the Labour clown's again...people have short memories.

#248 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

The parliamentary natives are getting restless:

http://order-order.c...of-the-day-686/

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#249 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

From this week's Popbitch:

"Colleague left work on Newman St

almost got knocked down by one Ed Miliband,

who was cycling along the pavement...

the wrong way down a one-way street"

Pretty much sums up Labour these days.

#250 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,148 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

The parliamentary natives are getting restless:

http://order-order.c...of-the-day-686/

Criticising this current government ought to be like shooting fish in a barrel for any half decent politician.  I can't see much in the way of competence or credibility on either of the front benches at the moment.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#251 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

Ed Miliband should use "grownups" in his reshuffle.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#252 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

6 months and he'll be gone.

#253 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

I think he needs a big conference.

Needs to start leading the agenda not following.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#254 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

Darling is busy just now, attending Tory conferences, etc...

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#255 Richard de la Riviere

Richard de la Riviere
  • Coach
  • 537 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

No chance. Ed's as safe as houses between now and 2015.

#256 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

He is a good egg is that Miliband bloke.

#257 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

Miliband can never escape this catastrophe, and the Tory Party propaganda machine will keep it well to the forefront ofits  public and media campaigns.

http://www.telegraph...son-admits.html

http://news.sky.com/...ia-and-bulgaria

#258 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

Just saw on telly that in the latest MORI opinion poll that Ed Miliband is less popular as Labour leader than Gordon Brown at his lowest.

#259 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Things must be serious within the Labour Party. It's been nearly a week on this thread and Steve May still hasn't rushed to Miliband's defence.

And, as usual, Caroline Flint is proving a wholly supportive member of the leadership group. Damning him with faint praise.

Caroline, love, it will end in tears ... no matter how pretty you look, the party will always remember the way you walked out on Gordon Brown when things got sticky. I don't think you will ever get offered a major big-three job.

Still there's always the chance that you can land a gig as one of the regulars on Loose Women.

A sympathetic person might almost feel sorry for Miliband.

Fortunately, I can't stand him and what he stands for, so I don't.

B)

http://www.theguardi...ur-energy-bills

Edited by Wolford6, 18 August 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#260 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

Things must be serious within the Labour Party. It's been nearly a week on this thread and Steve May still hasn't rushed to Miliband's defence.

Unfortunately, I've been busy, making the most of the NHS while we still have it.

I'm back now, and it appears that Ed M is currently in charge of the country.

http://www.telegraph...y-Miliband.html

That's me.  I'm done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users