Ed Miliband

• Please log in to reply
1064 replies to this topic

#601 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

I still don't really like him...  There's something very John Major about him...

I'm not Ed Miliband's biggest fan, but why do you make that comparison?
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#602 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,066 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

It's nowt to do with his policies or anything, it's just his persona, gravitas and so on that reminds me of John Major.  The over-promoted middle-manager that no-one really takes seriously but is a convenient figurehead while everyone else gets on with whatever they want to do.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#603 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

For me it's because he completely fails as a public speaker, just like Major did.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#604 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

It's nowt to do with his policies or anything, it's just his persona, gravitas and so on that reminds me of John Major.  The over-promoted middle-manager that no-one really takes seriously but is a convenient figurehead while everyone else gets on with whatever they want to do.

FWIW I think Major was very much under-rated in terms of how many policies of his he got through despite being in a very weak position politically speaking. He was a cunning ######.

#605 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,066 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

FWIW I think Major was very much under-rated in terms of how many policies of his he got through despite being in a very weak position politically speaking. He was a cunning ######.

You're right in that, he played the "toe the line in this vote or you'll be the one that brings down the government" line very well with the swivel-eyed loons in a small majority government.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#606 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,679 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Major left school with three O levels,dragged himself up by the bootstraps and had a successful career in the international  banking industry before he entered politics.

Miliband has never done anything other than pose as a cod intellectual and make pathetic speeches. He's  as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#607 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

Major left school with three O levels,dragged himself up by the bootstraps and had a successful career in the international banking industry before he entered politics.

Miliband has never done anything other than pose as a cod intellectual and make pathetic speeches. He's as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Are you really calling somebody a cod intellectual?

#608 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,679 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

Yup.

#609 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

Sounds a bit fishy to me.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#610 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,679 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

Sounds a bit fishy to me.

That'll be 'Grilled fillets of sea bass with herb risotto, roasted cherry tomatoes and pesto' at The Ivy, accompanied by a nice chablis at a very reasonable £46 a bottle. He can't understand why more people in Doncaster don't take advantage of booking a cheap rail ticket to London.

#611 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,380 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Not even being one, just *posing* as one.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#612 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

Not even being one, just *posing* as one.

You make an excellent point.  I may vote for you in this month's photo contest.

The labour leader is clearly an intellectual man, whether one agrees with his party's politics or not. 

#613 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,380 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

I may vote for you in this month's photo contest.

Tease.

- Severus, July 2012

#614 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

The discussion is about Adolf Miliband, aka Rafe then Ralph. How am I insulting anyone by doing that?

You said because he was in the Royal Navy he did not fight! That is an insult to all those who served and lost their lives .If you were German you probably wouldn't have fought you would have been in the SA
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#615 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,568 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

All sorts of people coming out against the Daily Wail and supporting Miliband - David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Michael Heseltine being some of the more surprising ones.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#616 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

All sorts of people coming out against the Daily Wail and supporting Miliband - David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Michael Heseltine being some of the more surprising ones.

Good. Credit to them all for doing so. They all support self regulation by the press don't they? So minus several million credit points for that.

#617 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Yes its really gathering pace.Alaster Campbell has said"its a shame I will be out of the country and Miss Dacre deciding to spend time with his family"Campbell?hmmm
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#618 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,679 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Talking of tossers:

http://www.dailymail...ia-join-EU.html

#619 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,568 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Oddly anonymous byline to that story.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#620 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,380 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

it emerged that Mr Blair, 60, appeared to be footing the bill for his own £30million private plane.

So we can add 'people who pay for their own things' to the list of things despised by those ######.

- Severus, July 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users