Ed Miliband

• Please log in to reply
1090 replies to this topic

#1081 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:23 AM

http://labourlist.or...to-get-it-back/

Where have our voters gone since 2012? A detailed analysis by YouGov’s Anthony Wells recently tried to address this question. In 2012, Labour built on its existing support (around 29% of voters) with an extra 1% from Conservatives, 1.1% from Didn’t Vote / Don’t Knows (DNV/DK), and 6.4% from Lib Dems. Around 0.2% of its vote had left for UKIP.

Since 2012, Labour support has deteriorated mostly because of an exodus of support to the left, according to this analysis. Ex-Tory support dried up, while the bleeding of Labour support to UKIP jumped from 0.2% to 1.5%. But the left exodus has been worse: Labour has lost 0.7% of voters to the SNP and 0.6% to the Greens. Support from DNV/DK voters has shrivelled to 0.7%. But worst of all, support from ex-Lib Dems has fallen by 2 points from a high of 6.6% in 2013. As Wells put it, “that solid block of LAB > LD switchers has started to wither.”

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#1082 tomdooley

tomdooley
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

But their supporters keep blowing the gaffe.  Send Lenny Henry home etc.  I don't know whether Farage is an extremist, but some of his supporters certainly are.  Hitler came to power on a very reasonable programme of righting the wrongs of the Versailles treaty.  Once he was in he abolished parliament and declared himself supreme leader.  It's no good saying it couldn't happen here, it could happen anywhere given the right circumstances.  UKIP are extreme and they encourage extremism. And Millband instead of cravenly relying on them to damage the Tories should say so. IMO it's way too late for Cameron to do anything except resign in favour of someone with a bit of backbone.

lennie henry was born in dudley the black country .whoops sorry for that.So you cant send him any where.

Mr Cameron wants to renegotiate with angela Merkel et al  the free movement of citizens of the EU.But they have said this principle is sacrosanct.

So UKIP will need to win an election to get us out of the EU or get areferendum vote yes to leave. the EU

Fat chance of either happening.

I will move to Scotland if Farage wins anything, .

Edited by tomdooley, 07 December 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#1083 rourkem

rourkem
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:34 AM

I highly doubt that. Farage doesn't have that enough charisma to pull it off. 

Rugby all day long. 1.gif

#1084 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,407 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:14 AM

I was reading yesterday that even if Labour are the largest party after the next election there is some doubt as to whether they'll be able for form the government.  Apparently many Lib/Dem MP's would prefer coalition with the Tories again.  It has also been speculated that despite outward appearances, the relationship between Cameron and Clegg is if anything better than it was in 2010.

Surely this should be a warning to any prospective Labour voters thinking of voting Lib/Dem as an alternative to the Tories.

Of course whether Cable would go along with another Con/Lib/Dem arrangement is another matter.  How many Lib/Dems feel like him?  Could he split the party?

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#1085 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:05 AM

Of course whether Cable would go along with another Con/Lib/Dem arrangement is another matter.  

How on earth has Cable managed to get his the reputation as a "man of principle" restored?

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#1086 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,407 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

I think Cable is uch more pro Labour than the rest, he is after all a former Labour councillor. I suspect Charles Kennedy shares his sympathies.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#1087 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,703 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

How on earth has Cable managed to get his the reputation as a "man of principle" restored?

He's got quite a track record
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#1088 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,156 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:58 PM

I think Cable is uch more pro Labour than the rest, he is after all a former Labour councillor. I suspect Charles Kennedy shares his sympathies.

The day Kennedy was ousted from his leadership position by those with their own agenda was the equivalent point to Blair taking over Labour, it forever changed the party and not in a good way.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#1089 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,848 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:20 PM

The day Kennedy was ousted from his leadership position by those with their own agenda was the equivalent point to Blair taking over Labour, it forever changed the party and not in a good way.

Daisy McAndrew allegedly  got a tv career out of it though.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#1090 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,761 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:13 PM

Hey, Ed, don't mention the war!

#1091 rourkem

rourkem
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:34 PM