Ed Miliband

• Please log in to reply
1126 replies to this topic

#1121 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,552 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:51 PM

You asked me to name one I named several.

You named two.  Macmillan although related to the publishing house spent most of his time either as an army officer, a diplomat or a cabinet minister.  Chamberlain was a politician nothing more nothing less, and a very poor one at that whose vanity and obstinacy left our country totally unprepared for what was to come, until September 1938.  I'll give you Baldwin, but he was almost 80 years ago.  Don't you ever have to good grace to admit when you're wrong?

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#1122 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 43,296 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:22 PM

You named two.  Macmillan although related to the publishing house spent most of his time either as an army officer, a diplomat or a cabinet minister.  Chamberlain was a politician nothing more nothing less, and a very poor one at that whose vanity and obstinacy left our country totally unprepared for what was to come, until September 1938.  I'll give you Baldwin, but he was almost 80 years ago.  Don't you ever have to good grace to admit when you're wrong?

McMillan worked in the family publishing house after he recovered from his injuries. You asked me to name one. I named more than one. Chamberlain founded, established a business, and helped to run another. Thank you for 'giving me Baldwin', he alone would have been enough to answer your question.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#1123 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,552 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:13 AM

McMillan worked in the family publishing house after he recovered from his injuries. You asked me to name one. I named more than one. Chamberlain founded, established a business, and helped to run another. Thank you for 'giving me Baldwin', he alone would have been enough to answer your question.

There have been 14 PM's since Baldwin, I'm sure if you went back far enough you could find more.  The original quote for "very few" (none?) - point proved I think grow up Chris.  Just because someone disagrees with you on one issue doesn't make them an enemy on every issue.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#1124 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 43,296 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:46 AM

There have been 14 PM's since Baldwin, I'm sure if you went back far enough you could find more. The original quote for "very few" (none?) - point proved I think grow up Chris. Just because someone disagrees with you on one issue doesn't make them an enemy on every issue.

You asked a question
I answered it.

But if it keeps you happy...

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 05 January 2015 - 09:35 AM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#1125 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

@labourpress: p.44 of Tory dossier says Labour will cancel cuts to the arts budget. We won't.

Labour don't get it....
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#1126 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,604 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

Labour don't get it....

They really, really don't.

But when you are two sides of the same PPE bum ...

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#1127 rourkem

rourkem
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:54 PM

Maybe they do, they just won't admit to it yet. 

Rugby all day long. 1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users