Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rate the DR so far

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

ok discounting Moore and Achurch who i cant see playing for us again, rate the 5 others, mine would be

1 Keinhorst - a class act

2 Singleton -  never stops going forward

3 Hood - a smart player from dummy half

4 Watson - some errors but gives 100%

5 Chisholm - early days jury still out, just wish hed get more ball, big error cost us bonus point y,day

Posted Image

#2 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

To be brutally honest,if it wasnt for the dr,we would be at bottom of the table,of that there is no doubt,,,jimmy k & watson are that bit of flare every team needs. My main problem is team selection,which of late is totally mind blowing,,where is john oaks,what has he done wrong,,,Ansell on sunday ,were is windley,that was a total no brainer,,scott watson gave his all against catalan,and doesnt get a sniff. We have a really tough period to get through in the next few weeks,and cant see any points coming our way,have a look at the table in six weeks,,,We have to change this now,not pussy foot about ,actually do it,because i will tell you this much,if WE need to get something out of our last two games to stay up (sheff away...fev home)im sorry were down,i think all hunslet fans will agree,it has to change NOW

#3 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

Oakes needs to lose a stone or two.
Windley is a hooker.

Agree on Watson but would he have brought more to the table that haughey, houston or brickwood?

#4 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

1st Our best player from Leeds - Jimmy Keinhorst been brilliant every game , best centre  that i have seen up to now, in this league,hope we could get him back next season if possible, he has the German mentality of wanting to win every game he plays in.

2nd  Hood -  Non stop,fast forward danger to opposing teams.

3rd  Singleton - Great tough hard forward .

4th Watson - Exciting fast speedy back,playing fullback but would like to see him used on the wing or maybe centre.

Has improved immensely since his first two games , of which I did not rate him enough in the first  two games, now with  he's well worth his place in the team. 

5th Chisholm -  Yes still early days KOL and that drop ball in the Workington game did in the end cost us a bonus point.Not keen on his tackling either, or the lack of it but, the lad has pace to burn, and given a chance to run with the ball, could be a match winner,  but as we know Huns don't use their wingers.

He should now be dropped for a game or two then given another chance to prove us wrong like Watson did.

#5 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

Think all of them have been good except Chisholm,but to be fair to him he doesnt get enough ball. Think Ryan Hall & Josh Charnley would struggle with us.

#6 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Ye the lads at worky must have thought that and tried to give him the ball and what did he do drop it. ah ah.

#7 MiBoy

MiBoy
  • Players
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

I think there are a few of your own players going very well this season too!!!

#8 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Not sure I agree with your mini league table - also you are comparing apples with pears.  How can you compare a Prop to a Full Back and rate one better than the other.  A prop runs forward, offloads and tackles, thats his job.  A Full back....well there is so much to that position I haven't got time to write it.

So is Brad Singleton better than Jimmy Watson?  The answer would have to be Watson is more skill full, agile, faster etc etc.  Brad is strong in his runs.

Here is my table:

1 Watson

2 Hood

3 Keinhorst

4 Singleton

5 Chisolm

Here is the rationale.....

Watson has been good for Hunslet, safe, quick, can break the line, exciting and pushes through like no other FB I have seen at this level.  At Swinton when he scored 3, it was because of the push throughs and hand offs from the forwards - Hunslet dont do enough of this thats why Watson isnt scoring 3 in every game.

Hood - is dangerous from dummy half and a good, rugby brain.  Hard to catch and very strong.

Keinhorst - is a great player but plays off other people.  His tries have either been lucky interceptions or he has been in support.  He is strong and has a great off load.

Singleton - is just strong going forward.  We need that but offers nothing else.  Much better than what we have at Hunslet though.

Chisolm - is a little rusty, hasnt really had a consistent game, but never gets the ball.  He is a former Fastest Man in Super League.  Give him the ball in your 20 and nobody will catch him.  He dropped a clanger last week but if you see no ball all game its gonna happen.

I just love it when Watson gets the ball, you dont know what will happen - has to be our most exciting player and maybe too good to stop at Hunslet long term.

#9 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Think you're off the mark on keinhorst, most of his tries have come off his out back thanks to his amazing feet; personally I've never seen anyone else who makes defenders look so daft whilst dancing past them. Good players will step past/round defenders, keinhorst has had people diving the wrong way trying to tackle him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users